any favorite 08 Olympic moment?

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
crappiemaster
Lieutenant

any favorite 08 Olympic moment?

Post by crappiemaster » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:32 am

I am watching 4-6 hours of Olympics in the evening and I love it. Last night those womens gymnastics all around were awesome. I did not think I would get pumped watching it, but man, those girls are great atheletes. Doing flips on a 4 inch beam is unreal. You have to be fearless. Great job USA taking gold and silver. Loved that incredible swimming relay when we upset the French after they talked a little smack. Vive l'USA! Saw this girl from China beat a Korean in archery. Korea had dominated that sport for over ten years and it came down to the last arrow. I wonder if they like to bow hunt? I would hate to be an animal around those two, you wouldn't stand a chance. I am totally into the Olympics, track and field coming up. Any favorite moments out there or what events are you looking forward to?

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:any favorite 08 Olympic moment?

Post by A9 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:58 am

I'm loving the USA Basketball games. Coach K has got them playing great and I'd love to see them take the gold this year.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

shawn
Commander

Post by shawn » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:38 am

I would have to say my favorite moment was when the US Womens Fencing Team swept the medals.The gold winning woman was unreal.I watched her win gold in 2004.She is the first women to win back to back golds in Fencing.She is a absolute savage with her fencing sword.Loved seeing all Americans on the medal platform.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."Edmund Burke

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... %20Season/

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:50 am

Im voting for when the dude got cranky and threw his bronze on the floor.

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:00 am

RaMcVey wrote:Im voting for when the dude got cranky and threw his bronze on the floor.
I would have done the same thing. Train your whole life for one moment only to have it robbed by crooked officiating. I'd toss that stinking bronze, too!

Drewp
Commander

Post by Drewp » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:36 am

My favorite event to watch is women's vollyball. :dwarf:
"My fingers smell fishy and I like it."

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:46 am

cavdad45 wrote:
RaMcVey wrote:Im voting for when the dude got cranky and threw his bronze on the floor.
I would have done the same thing. Train your whole life for one moment only to have it robbed by crooked officiating. I'd toss that stinking bronze, too!
Good point, I didnt see the actual match, just replays of the "Medal Toss" and the announcers comments.

2000subaru
Commander

Post by 2000subaru » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:09 pm

Nastia.....

oh and Stephanie Rice (The Aussie Swimmer):compress:
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:17 pm

2000subaru wrote:Nastia.....

oh and Stephanie Rice (The Aussie Swimmer):compress:
Don't date girls that can beat ya at arm wrestling!!!

crappiemaster
Lieutenant

Post by crappiemaster » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:15 pm

Yeah that guy that threw his medal after getting ripped off was pretty ticked. I didn't see the highlights but everyone has said he was totally robbed. I coach high school wrestling, and it is a sick feeling in your stomach when you know the refs miss a call. Did anyone see the weightliftter clean over 300 lbs over his head and lost the bar and it came down on the back of his head? Jerked his head forward, and then he dislocated his elbow. Looked like he dislocated it fighting the weight. just popped out. Really made me squirn. that was a nasty piece of footage.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:16 pm

Womans gymnastics.WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Womans Volley ball is another WOW!!!!!!!!!!! It beats the heck out of seeing Bill Dance Outdoors.Hehehehehe
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:24 pm

racfish wrote:Womans gymnastics.WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Womans Volley ball is another WOW!!!!!!!!!!! It beats the heck out of seeing Bill Dance Outdoors.Hehehehehe
=d> =d> =d> =d> =d>

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:36 pm

Womans Gymnastics for sure. :cheers:
Another one is the 4x100 mens relay when Jason Lezak came back in the final leg and touched the wall .00 seconds before France. WOW! I got to watch it live and I was screeming. What a way to win.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:08 pm

Michael Phelp's 7th gold. Watched it in hi-def, slo-mo camera, and then used my digital cable to slow down the picture even more. I STILL couldn't tell who won. Totally thought that European guy had it at first.

zbo
Petty Officer

Post by zbo » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:30 pm

Shawn Johnson and Nastia and Misty may oh my god. (not a pedophile, im 17 so i can check them out)

TroutCowboy
Lieutenant

Post by TroutCowboy » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:05 pm

iPodrodder wrote:Michael Phelp's 7th gold. Watched it in hi-def, slo-mo camera, and then used my digital cable to slow down the picture even more. I STILL couldn't tell who won. Totally thought that European guy had it at first.
I'm with you, that was one exciting race. I can't believe he out-reached that guy when the other guy seemed to be an inch away and Phelps was still swinging his arms back around front. What a finish!

How about that Romanian woman who ran for nearly 2.5hrs, maintaining a lead of approx 1 minute nearly the whole time. At 38 years old!! I'm 39 and would have to stop for a breather running to the corner mailbox! Then she lapped the stadium on a cool-down -slash- victory lap!

I watched some equestrian events today too. I realize it's not the sexiest of events, the the sport seems a little stuffy & all, but I think horses are about the most elegant, beautiful creatures on the planet.
JOHNNY K.
Liberty Lake, WA

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:01 pm

I try watching the 08 games but there are a few sports that I'm not sure about.I bet the ancient Greeks are rolling in their graves watching Badmitton,water polo,and beach volleyball.The only reason anyone watches beach volleyball is too see the womans part.Ping pong is another weird Olympic Sport.These are games for countries who dont have over 5'9'' players.Hehehehe
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

iPodrodder
Commodore

Post by iPodrodder » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:50 am

BMX biking is weird too. I think they should leave that to the X Games.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bisk1tSnGraV
Captain

Post by Bisk1tSnGraV » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:19 pm

Gymnastic Trampoline was one that was odd for me as well as with the BMX racing. Though with the Elite Series ... why not an Olympic sport? Would definetly root for US to bring home the gold in that.
'course they don't have biscuits and gravy ... but if they did, I bet everyone would eat there.

kutthroatkilla
Commander

Post by kutthroatkilla » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:17 pm

Gosh...for me it's probably the US Olympic Womens Soccer Team. I love them! My cousin is married to one of their players, Stephanie Lopez; she's so sweet and her husband (my cousin) is a cool dude. Soccer is a fun sport, and the US Womens team is quite amazing!
Get with the Fast Money Bros