watch out for rattlers!

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
beerman1981
Commander

RE:watch out for rattlers!

Post by beerman1981 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:24 pm

crankbait42 wrote:when people kill snakes just because it kind of makes me mad. kind of like people just killing and leaving fish. if you eat them thats fine but when people just want the rattles or just leave it there it makes me kind of angry.
I see your point, but fish don't pose a deadly threat to humans. Rattlesnakes do. We don't have to worry about stumbling on a poisonous largemouth bass and being bitten while we are hiking through the mountains. If I were to find a rattle snake on my property, I would definately kill it. It would pose a threat to my future kids, wife and animals. I have to put my family first, before I let a rattlesnake live on my property. Bullsnakes, gardner snakes, etc, can make themselves at home on my property (as long as they don't come inside -- then I might have to take more drastic action). They eat the Rattle Snakes. Killing a fish and leaving it on the bank for no reason serves no purposeness, other than complete laziness and disregard for nature. Killing a rattlesnake, however, serves as a means of protection. I am putting this into context that the rattlesnake is close to my property. Now, if I were on a hike, miles fmy my house, and came into contact with a rattlesnake, I wouldn't necassarily kill it. I would most likely walk around and avoid it.

Beerman
Remember two things, love Washington and leave only your footprints behind!

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:51 pm

Wow!!! Nice picture. I rarely see rattlesnakes up here. I occassionally see one when gold mining in the Illinois Valley in Southern Oregon. Fortunately their venom is not as deadly as in southern areas. Still gives you goosebumps and makes you walk on edge.

Years ago, in Tennessee, we saw a ball of water mocassins while fishing. Needless to say, we let them have the hot spot!

KUP
Commander

Post by KUP » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:37 am

Holy cats!
1 snake makes me stop breathing.:shaking:
Those pix were terrifying....yet beautiful.
Thanks beerman..... I think.
Tiger Muskies are sterile.
You can't keep them under 50 inches:
Let them do their job: Eating N.P.Minnows

tmusky1
Lieutenant

Post by tmusky1 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:12 pm

Seriously, I would rather be bitten by a rattlesnake than touched by a tarantula.

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:37 am

Maybe I'm a combination of both blind and lucky. I've been hunting and fishing in Eastern Washington for most of my 60 years and have never seen a live rattlesnake in the wild. :bigsmurf:
Where you go is less important than how you get there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

kantill
Warrant Officer

Post by kantill » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:48 am

tmusky1 wrote:Seriously, I would rather be bitten by a rattlesnake than touched by a tarantula.
Here here
Need tech support? I can Help!
http://www.crossloop.com/KellyAntill

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:43 am

The three worse areas where I see Rattlers are in the Omak area,Umtanum Creek area ,and near the Rocky Ford Creek area.Thank G-d I havent seen any Tarantulas or Scorpions anywhere in our area.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.