Gardening Time Again

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Gardening Time Again

Post by racfish » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:18 pm

I'm getting ready to plant my Snow Peas for this year. Hopefully there wont be any more snow. I usually have them in by Presidents Day.
On a related item. Does anyone raise horses and have compost to get rid of ? I'm in need of some manure this year. I have a pickup and a pitch fork.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Gardening Time Again

Post by Amx » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:26 pm

My neighbor does. The stuff left over from my horse is over 12 years old, and I might not even be able to find it anymore. lol
Tom.

Interests: living

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:58 pm

I had a friend in Tukwilla that had horses. One year she fed the horses oats. I know have oats throughout my yard. ](*,)

Juniah87
Warrant Officer

Post by Juniah87 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:07 pm

Another great gardening resource to be had can be found at your local hatchery as well. After the fall spawning season, hatchery workers are tasked with cleaning out the adult holding ponds. These are usually filled with deceased fish, fish manure, and river sediment. It works WONDERS for gardening. It may be a little late to pick this up now, but some hatcheries put it in a giant pile and just wait for the rain to naturally wash it away, so you may get lucky. When I worked for the hatchery in Orting one of the other workers used this along with a few of the dead fish to grow some killer tomatoes.

TRAUT
Petty Officer

Post by TRAUT » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:43 pm

I'd send you some of mine, but then you'd have watermelons growing all over your farm. [scared]