If you fish lake stevens this could be very important!!

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
Noodle Caboodle
Petty Officer

If you fish lake stevens this could be very important!!

Post by Noodle Caboodle » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:31 pm

If you spend any time fishing lake stevens please dont ignore this. Im not entirely sure what the goal is but it seems like ski boats will get their own lane around the outside of the lake?
Attachments
FB_IMG_1489011894079.jpg

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: If you fish lake stevens this could be very important!!

Post by Amx » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:45 pm

Sounds pretty stupid. That area of the lake can be were the fish are, and where we need to be fishing. And I think it's illegal to have that lane.

And this has to do with more than just trout fishing, so I moved it to 'off topic'.
Tom.

Interests: living

Onmygame
Lieutenant

Post by Onmygame » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:58 pm

Not sure why you'd think it to mean that skiers get their own lane - it could be an area for them to stay out of.

In any event, I don't fish that lake, but if I did - I would want clarification from those proposing it as to just what a 'water safety lane' is

onmygame

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:02 pm

That sounds like a good idea, to keep the ski boats OUT of. Ski boats like to crowd the buoy line while the fishing boats are there, putting the ski boats within that 100 foot buffer they are suppose to keep away from other boats while at speeds higher than 5, or 8, mph.
Tom.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:35 pm

From the looks of the map and the wording, I'm pretty sure the Safety Lane is for not Water Skiing. Maritime law says slow 200' from shore and no wake. Skiers will still be able to start from shore as long as they are traveling at a minimum of 45 degrees from shore. Just like Maritime law already states. Not really sure what purpose the "Safety Zone" is going to do but double up on the law
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

fisherman92
Lieutenant

Post by fisherman92 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:49 am

Bodofish is right. Its most likely going to be no wake zone between shore and the buoys which is pretty common. Its a good idea and does help but of course there's always idoits. I think the buoys are there for a reminder to the people who don't understand to stay away from the shoreline. They could always limit ski hours, but many lakes already don't have skiing as it is and its one of the few around where you can get up at 5am and go ski.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:34 am

I was thinking it was a lane outside the current buoy line, but, After zooming in the map I have to ask: Does the lake currently have a buoy line? Been too many years since I've fished it, 1988, so I don't remember. If not, then yes it would be to keep the boats that are at speed away from the shore line to not bother the docks, boats tied to the docks, keep from washing away the shore line, and such with their wakes.
Tom.

Noodle Caboodle
Petty Officer

Post by Noodle Caboodle » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:00 pm

There is currently no bouy line. Guess we will just have to troll around them when theyre put in. This is some more info on it i found.
Attachments
Screenshot_20170310-145609.png

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:10 pm

Ok, so they are putting in a buoy line. that is GREAT. [thumbsup] I don't know of many lakes on this side of the mountains that don't have a buoy line, and it is surprising that Stevens doesn't already have one.
Tom.