Clear lake, Skagit County question

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Clear lake, Skagit County question

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:29 pm

So this is what Skagit County Sherrif's office says in regards to Clear lake;

" Clear Lake- Located on Hwy 9 near the community of Clear Lake, approximately 4 miles south of Sedro Woolley. The speed limit is set at 25 mph and no personal watercraft are allowed."

Can somebody offer clarity on what they mean ny 'No personal watercraft?'
If the speed limit is 25 mph, you must be in some kind of a boat?
If you are in a boat, and you own it, isn't that a personal watercraft?
Yes, I could ask the Sherrif's dept. but checking in here.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Clear lake, Skagit County question

Post by Amx » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:31 pm

jet ski, stand up and/or sit down, and that type only. Boats - not a 'personal watercraft'.
Tom.

Interests: living

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:42 pm

Thanks Tom. Funny, the Coast Guard definition is any boat under 16', carrying 1-3 people.

So, you mean to tell me there is a nice rural lake holding LMB and Kokanee, near me, and it DOESN'T allow Jet Skis!
Now just to check on its season restrictions.
Thx!

rseas
Commander

Post by rseas » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:09 pm

Fun little lake to fish but there is a...

---PROBLEM---

The boat ramp is less than a secure. Often there is a group of homeless living along the access road. I have never had an incedent but I do feel very uncomfortable using the ramp solo.

Also, I know there should be kokanee but I am not sure there are any that call Clear Lake home.. The LMB fishery is awsome, offering many differnt presentation oppertunities. The lake also recieves notable plants of both catchable and jumbo rainbows.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:49 pm

Waaaa!! My bad..
There was a guy that posted an amazing looking koke, IMHO. On the FB page for this website, today.
When he said, Clear lake, I assumed he met Skagit.
Realizing now, I think he is Pierce County. #-o

Cascadian
Petty Officer

Post by Cascadian » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:29 pm

Be careful if you plan to launch a boat at Clear lake. I went last year and popped two boat trailer tires on pieces of rebar sticking out underwater on their "launch". There are two gravel ramps on both sides at the end of the long jetty. Both were sketchy! They had chunks of concrete underwater everywhere! Tons of bank fishermen casting out to the best holes. Some big triploids in there though!

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:17 pm

Cascadian wrote:Be careful if you plan to launch a boat at Clear lake. I went last year and popped two boat trailer tires on pieces of rebar sticking out underwater on their "launch". There are two gravel ramps on both sides at the end of the long jetty. Both were sketchy! They had chunks of concrete underwater everywhere! Tons of bank fishermen casting out to the best holes. Some big triploids in there though!
Good to know, now that I realized that this not the same Clear lake that I was looking for, I don't suspect that I'll be going there. I am sure somebody else though will appreciate the heads-up warning. :salut: