west side guides for small kids

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
Dustin07
Commodore

west side guides for small kids

Post by Dustin07 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:35 am

What's a good guide service for the under 10 crowd of kids? I have a 7r old who loves fishing and I'd love to get him in on a kid-aimed (or kid appropriate) guided trip since we dont currently have a boat or a lot of time for scouting.

any suggestions? or should we just make the drive to Chelan?

the type of fish isn't really important. only that he's safe, and fishing. cost is kinda important though... :salut:

JoshH
Lieutenant

Re: west side guides for small kids

Post by JoshH » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:48 pm

Being 7, constant action might be good? If anyone this side is still doing Kokanee, that would be good. I think most have moved on though to the salt or rivers further south that can still be fished.

I know Chelan Mackinaw can be about 2 fish an hour, more if your lucky. Darrell and Dad's I know takes lots of kids out, I've seen many posts on FB from Jeff Witkowski with kids of that age. Their latest report here is with a 13 year old. Think they are $290 for 2 people for 4 hours, $390 for 8 hours.

A quick google search came up with a few guides in Western Wa. that still might be doing some lake trips.

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:50 pm

JoshH wrote:Being 7, constant action might be good? If anyone this side is still doing Kokanee, that would be good. I think most have moved on though to the salt or rivers further south that can still be fished.

I know Chelan Mackinaw can be about 2 fish an hour, more if your lucky. Darrell and Dad's I know takes lots of kids out, I've seen many posts on FB from Jeff Witkowski with kids of that age. Their latest report here is with a 13 year old. Think they are $290 for 2 people for 4 hours, $390 for 8 hours.

A quick google search came up with a few guides in Western Wa. that still might be doing some lake trips.
coincidentally I've been talking to Darrell and Dad's today, I emailed them after I made this post. if nothing else comes up i'm going to aim for an early September trip. my boy will freak when he sees how big those Mack's are!

JoshH
Lieutenant

Post by JoshH » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:31 pm

I've fished with Jeff 3 times. Twice I have taken my nephew who was 14 the first time, 15 this time, and he is the typical face in whatever gadget he has, hasn't even gotten his knees dirty from playing outside ever typical kid of today. Both times he grinned from ear to ear after fishing with Jeff. I've heard great things about Anton, but my experiences have been with Jeff, and they are great. This last trip my nephew got a 15lb mack, previous trip a 10.

12lb Mack from a trip with Jeff ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

rseas
Commander

Post by rseas » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:41 pm

Dustin07, PM me.

Dustin07
Commodore

Post by Dustin07 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:00 pm

JoshH wrote:I've fished with Jeff 3 times. Twice I have taken my nephew who was 14 the first time, 15 this time, and he is the typical face in whatever gadget he has, hasn't even gotten his knees dirty from playing outside ever typical kid of today. Both times he grinned from ear to ear after fishing with Jeff. I've heard great things about Anton, but my experiences have been with Jeff, and they are great. This last trip my nephew got a 15lb mack, previous trip a 10.

12lb Mack from a trip with Jeff ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
LOL.... Sadly I can relate to the gadgetry. Kids these days seem to be afraid of getting dirty. I grew up with barn boots filled with mud and every pair of jeans destroyed by barbed wire fences. But.... When my boy gets a fish on his line it makes his day!