Am I Crazy For Tempted To Sell My Shotgun To Buy A New Rod And Reel?

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
FishingFool
Captain

Am I Crazy For Tempted To Sell My Shotgun To Buy A New Rod And Reel?

Post by FishingFool » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:11 am

I have a Benelli S90M1 shotgun for a while now, but i just dont shoot it that often. It's not comfortable to shoot often because well, it's a shotgun. I think I've put less than 200 rds through it in about 2 years.

Lately, I've been eyeing a new rod/reel combo for lures, for trout. And I was thinking of a G. Loomis GL3 and a Shimano Stratic 2500FI.

Oh what to do, what to do.#-o

the1fishingpro
Lieutenant

RE:Am I Crazy For Tempted To Sell My Shotgun To Buy A New Rod And Reel?

Post by the1fishingpro » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:03 am

I love shooting my 20 gauges a couple times a year, but when you dont go that often or lose the passion to even shoot one. I think selling it for your rod/reel combo would be a swell plan. Gloomis Sounds like a great choice as well. Just giving my 2 cents.
If in doubt set the hook!

jmay
Lieutenant

Post by jmay » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:21 am

I shoot a fair amount of trap, as well as duck and upland bird hunt. I estimate that I shoot 3000 12ga shells a year.

There is nothing worse than a shotgun that does not fit well. If you don't like the feel of it get rid of it.
In the last 5 years I traded in a Remington 870 for a Browning pump. I hated the trigger on the 870 and it did not swing well. I then traded Browning BPS for a Benelli Nova as the Browning comb did not fit right and I never mounted it the same way when in a duck blind and wasted a lot of shells.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:24 pm

The Stradics are a nice reel, but the Symetre is almost half the price and feels very similar...

And instead of selling the Shotgun for one combo, you could make two or three combos as well.....

The Shimano Sahara's are even cheaper then the Symetre and they are sweeeet. I got one on a 9'6" Lami that I use for fishing salmon off the beach...4000 though not thtet 2500
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

FishingFool
Captain

Post by FishingFool » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:32 pm

Sam Kafelafish wrote:The Stradics are a nice reel, but the Symetre is almost half the price and feels very similar...

And instead of selling the Shotgun for one combo, you could make two or three combos as well.....

The Shimano Sahara's are even cheaper then the Symetre and they are sweeeet. I got one on a 9'6" Lami that I use for fishing salmon off the beach...4000 though not thtet 2500
Well, I already have an Ugly Stik Lite with a Shimano 2500FH. It's a nice and decent budget setup. I mainly use it for bottom fishing. But will tie a lure to it when I'm bored or waht to try new things.

I just want a better dedicated setup for small lures.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:03 pm

Small lures? An ugly stick doesn't have much sensitivity for a small lure. If you want a small lure rod, go with something a little lighter, and longer, it'll help you wing the lures out a little further if your going to do any casting
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....