Ford Diesel Expert Wanted

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Ford Diesel Expert Wanted

Post by Rich McVey » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:01 pm

Just had my second repair on my 2006 F350 in less than a year. The alternator was an easy fix but the fuel system cost me dearly.

A $250 dollar part cost $915 out the door, installed. The dealer charges $120 and hour, with 4 hours logged. #-o

Im looking for a reliable mechanic with reasonable prices or someone I can make a deal with on cost/barter the next time I need expert help.

Any one interested or have suggestions, referrals? I live in Woodinville and work in Redmond.

Thanks
Rich

bassplayer17
Lieutenant

Re: Ford Diesel Expert Wanted

Post by bassplayer17 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:38 pm

PM sent
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught....

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:12 am

Thanks for the info, I may be giving him a call. I think I may also be taking some Diesel classes at a local school here soon and get a better understanding of how this beast work.

renpeg
Petty Officer

Post by renpeg » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:08 am

rich,
Try reading this to start. its very helpful and informative.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/007149 ... UTF8&psc=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[*]
also consider getting the dealer shop manuals specific for your truck. Make life alot easyer.

As for school. I haven't been to renton or seattle. but I did take the program at LWTC it was great. but they teach more the heavy Duty industry. cummins, cat, kenworth ect. It will give you a great understanding of the operation of things but nothing specific.
This is the book that we used
http://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Duty-Truck- ... uty+diesel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[*]

Also The classes have a year waiting list....

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:45 am

Right on. I have a Chilton's, but its so vague it took me forever to find and drain the water separator. The Ford shop manuals will be a must!