Today finally, I got a good price on gas.

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
Big D

Today finally, I got a good price on gas.

Post by Big D » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:16 pm

I knew this was going to be a good weekend. Well, at least it has started out that way.
I filled my boat today. I was able to put 25 gallons in the boat at $2.179 a gallon for a total of $54.48
Thanks to my with for letting the Safeway gas discount build up to a buck off per gallon.
Gas today.JPG
Gas today.JPG (339.9 KiB) Viewed 1027 times

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Re: Today finally, I got a good price on gas.

Post by Bodofish » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:27 pm

Yeah, I've been storing up those discounts for filling the truck, the last one I used was .70 got me down under $3.00 gal. I was pretty happy about that. Full price at the local Safeway is $3.31, It's about time to burn the discount, truck is a hog for gas. Only problem is they cut you off at $75 so I still can't fill the truck or boat if they're close to empty.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Big D

Post by Big D » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:35 pm

I wish they cut me off at $75.00
They cut us off here in Wenatchee at 25 gallons.
They sure get you at the drive thru...

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:39 pm

Ouch! that's worse than here. I could be wrong but I though it cut me off at $75 but it may well have corrolated to 25 gals too. That just half a tank.........
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

renpeg
Petty Officer

Post by renpeg » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:36 pm

cut off is between 75-100 depending on what kinda of car you have. But you also can go in and prepay over those amounts.
Also I got has in lynnwood at fred meyers for $3.15. It was nice.

MotoBoat
Commodore

Post by MotoBoat » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:44 pm

I don't know what other grocery store's you have for options, there in Wenatchee. But in Shoreline, Safeway is over priced on everyday items. Along with Albertson's, Haggens, Qfc, and Central Market.

That is a real good price on gas. But your paying for it up front in grocery purchases, by shopping at Slaveway. All the stores listed above have been compared for normal everyday shelf price, and weekly add price. On everyday items. Such as eggs, bread, hamburger, cheese, sugar, steak, cereal, coffee, butter, sour creme, milk, fruit and veggies..........ect. Safeway and Albertson's are not that far off of QFC's pricing. As a matter of fact, since the "Q" was purchased by Kroger, along with Fred Meyer. The "Q's" prices has gotten better.

But still, only one store stands alone with the least mark up, not including sale prices. If sale prices are included, that store blows the others away a high percentage of the time. I do not have a WAlly World close by, so that store is not mentioned here in he comparison.

I do know that Safeway has a deal. When a $100 worth of gift cards are purchased you get a chunk of change off of a max of 35 gallons of fuel. Fuel discount must be used during one purchase. I think it is like $.080 per gallon off. So, $28.00 off of a 35 gallon purchase.

Always fells good to save a few dockets on a fill up. Still get's me to see a Mercedes or Porsche in the gas line at Costco or AM PM.

tnj8222
Admiral

Post by tnj8222 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:59 pm

What's your phone number big d? Lol

I got about 50 cents opg im about to use.