Need advice on lure polishes

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
Rthr_B_Fishn
Petty Officer

Need advice on lure polishes

Post by Rthr_B_Fishn » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:11 pm

HI guys new poster long time reader...... yadayada... Im looking to polish up some oooold lures given to me by a friend. but im afraid of chemicals giving off odd scents.. heck my scent is odd enuff... any advices or anyone polish old lures at all lol they are cheap but these are like Cherry 50's spinners and older the new stuff doesnt seem as well built Thnks in advance. Fish on!

leahcim_dahc
Commander

RE:Need advice on lure polishes

Post by leahcim_dahc » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:44 am

Not sure what kind of odor it would put out...but might check out some jeweler's rouge. I wouldn't think it would produce much of an odor...but not 100% positive on that.

Chad
Chad

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln, 1809-1865

Rthr_B_Fishn
Petty Officer

Post by Rthr_B_Fishn » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:53 pm

Hey thanks chad for the info.. i wasnt too sure but with so many scent additives/removers onthe market mebbe the pros know somfin we dont ehh! thanks again.

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:45 pm

First off...Welcome to WL.com, glad you finally joined us.

I use NEVER-DULL on my spinner blades to keep them nice and shiny. The good thing about NEVER-DULL is that after you polish it, you can follow it up with a paper towel and wipe it clean. The "odor" is small to none after it's been wiped off.

I wouldn't start now though...that's what December / January are for :santa:

Get out there and :fish: while you still can (comfortably)

You can find NEVER-DULL in the automotive section at Fred Meyer or similar retailers.

Bassackwards
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God Bless our brave men and women fighting to preserve our way of life!!!

Rthr_B_Fishn
Petty Officer

Post by Rthr_B_Fishn » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:09 pm

TY bassakwards ... heheh i tried to get hat name but ud stoled it b4 i dids!! lol but ya neverdull i used it b4 hmm memories ...

MikeFishes
Commander

Post by MikeFishes » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:45 pm

bassackwards wrote:First off...Welcome to WL.com, glad you finally joined us.

I use NEVER-DULL on my spinner blades to keep them nice and shiny. The good thing about NEVER-DULL is that after you polish it, you can follow it up with a paper towel and wipe it clean. The "odor" is small to none after it's been wiped off.

I wouldn't start now though...that's what December / January are for :santa:

Get out there and :fish: while you still can (comfortably)

You can find NEVER-DULL in the automotive section at Fred Meyer or similar retailers.

Bassackwards
Don't some companies put a laquer finish on some of their lures? I think Dick Nite does (well, at least I thought they they did, could be Lehur Jensen).