You want'a take a bike ride?

For all of your non-fishing related conversations. If it's not about fishing, or you want to "test" the forum, post it here.
Big D

You want'a take a bike ride?

Post by Big D » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:56 am

Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.
Fair Winds & Following Seas.
Big D

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

RE:You want'a take a bike ride?

Post by Bodofish » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:59 am

That is precisely why I won't own a motor bike anymore.......
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Big D

Post by Big D » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:14 am

Yep, I spent my time in the hospital (1982). Three crushed vertebrae, shattered left wrist & thumb, fractured right tibia and fibula (Lower leg) and six stitches in my right ear. All from my one and only trip to the pavement. Now at 52 I can feel it all like it was yesterday.
Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.
Fair Winds & Following Seas.
Big D

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:25 am

Aint it the truth brother!!!!
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:34 am

I lost track of the number of times I muttered, "idiot" while watching the video. I'm sure it won't be long before that rider will need the services of his country's socialized medical system or becomes an organ donor.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:35 am

Been there my friends. 4 fractured ribs,multiple blood clots and massive road rash stopped me in my bike tracks. I was clobbered by a drunk driver in 1974.No bikes for me.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:13 am

I was waiting for someone to open his car door to spit out his snoose. They can play this video at his funeral.[biggrin]

wolverine
Captain

Post by wolverine » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:23 am

Damm! my blood pressure and pulse probably went up 15 points just watching this video.

It took me 3 bike accidents (none my fault) for me to give them up. One I was sitting at a red light and a car plowed into me from behind. The second I was riding on a 3 lane and a car passed another and pulled over right into me. The third, and worst, a car pulled out of a driveway right in front of me. If I recall right, they summed up to a broken wrist, separated shoulder, 2 broken collar bones, 4 broken fingers, and a lot of lost skin. The drivers of all 3 cars that hit me said "they couldn't see me". Oh, almost forgot. I broke a knee cap on a tree riding a trail bike.
I haven't been on a bike for nearly 30 years but have been considering a Honda Gold Wing for the past couple of years. No interest in Harley types or crotch rockets, but the "cruisers" are interesting to an old boy like me.
Life's short - fish hard!

Matt
Admiral

Post by Matt » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:15 am

Stupid riders like that give us Street Bike enthusiasts a bad name. [thumbdn]
"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

TroutCowboy
Lieutenant

Post by TroutCowboy » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:11 pm

holy cr@p! the weaving was one thing, driving down the center lane another, but blasting down the dotted line between cars? crazy!! to his credit though, i didn't "feel" or hear a single scrape or bump of another car.
JOHNNY K.
Liberty Lake, WA

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:16 pm

TroutCowboy wrote:holy cr@p! the weaving was one thing, driving down the center lane another, but blasting down the dotted line between cars? crazy!! to his credit though, i didn't "feel" or hear a single scrape or bump of another car.
LOL itis called lane splitting and it is legal in europe, no point in having a bike if you cant beat the traffic. As nuts as he was he is a superb rider, mind you as straight as the road are how can you get your knee down?:cheers:
Seeking the violent take downs

Thunder jet
V8 309 pump
HAL the tr1 auto pilot
T8 high thrust
LCX 28 HD
Lowrance Broadband Sounder
Fusion for the beat
Penn 835's for the bang zone

saltyseadog
Commander

Post by saltyseadog » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:20 pm

go to cali they do it all the time].... my best friend an experinced rider at that was killed on a brand new bike that he owned for 6 hours...
TroutCowboy wrote:holy cr@p! the weaving was one thing, driving down the center lane another, but blasting down the dotted line between cars? crazy!! to his credit though, i didn't "feel" or hear a single scrape or bump of another car.
fish on!

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:46 pm

Matt wrote:Stupid riders like that give us Street Bike enthusiasts a bad name. [thumbdn]
I 2nd that.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:28 am

That video kept me puckered in my seat.

I ride a Kawasaki Concourse, I love to ride 410 to Crystal and/or Ranier. Sometimes I like to push my limits a bit. BUT... there is no one else around when I do. I dont wheelie. Im deathly afraid of dumping the bike so I never get to crazy. Im NOT one of the guys that you'll see on the 5 oclock news being clocked by a sherifs helicopter either. But I love an open throttle.

That guy has some skills. VERY lucky though. He coulda bit the big one lots of times, and how he didnt loose a knee cap I'll never know.

I could never navigate my 675 pound monster through anything like that. I have to agree... in that short trip he would have done a ton of damage to riders image here in the states. There they may not care as much. Different societies see things differently. They may just let Darwin deal with it...

Be Safe

Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pradeep
Warrant Officer

Post by Pradeep » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:44 am

Wow. Dumb maybe but man, can you gotta give it to him, he has a brass set of you know what and skills to boot.

saltyseadog
Commander

Post by saltyseadog » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:33 pm

i wouldn't do what he does on your bike either
Rich McVey wrote:That video kept me puckered in my seat.

I ride a Kawasaki Concourse, I love to ride 410 to Crystal and/or Ranier. Sometimes I like to push my limits a bit. BUT... there is no one else around when I do. I dont wheelie. Im deathly afraid of dumping the bike so I never get to crazy. Im NOT one of the guys that you'll see on the 5 oclock news being clocked by a sherifs helicopter either. But I love an open throttle.

That guy has some skills. VERY lucky though. He coulda bit the big one lots of times, and how he didnt loose a knee cap I'll never know.

I could never navigate my 675 pound monster through anything like that. I have to agree... in that short trip he would have done a ton of damage to riders image here in the states. There they may not care as much. Different societies see things differently. They may just let Darwin deal with it...

Be Safe

fish on!

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:11 am

That guy may be good at what he does, but ignorance is a self limiting gene. Darwin will take care of him. I'd be surprised to hear he's still alive.
Where you go is less important than how you get there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

dicinu
Commander

Post by dicinu » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:17 pm

reason why my wife refuses to let me get a bike.... not that I will get out and act a fool on it but she knows me all to well I can barely get a quad and thats because I have the kids backing me up on that one.
Proud member of http://www.WAGUNS.ORG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Proud Member of http://www.washingtonlakes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

follow my blog http://washintgonstatefishing.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gonefishing
Commander

Post by Gonefishing » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:03 pm

Oy aye eeee wooo iiii aaaaa nnaaaa oooh my word.... gutsy or stuuuupid.... I really don't know which. Bad enough running right between all those cars but dangling down the divider line and into oncoming traffic.... One wrong move and he's toast. Which reminds me a biker in downtown Seattle did that a couple years ago and I just about munched her because I was in the process of making a lane change when she screamed down the side of my car.... and her fleet of buddy bikers were all doing the same.... So glad I'm not working in downtown Seattle for now.