Open seat to fish Riffe Lake Tuesday and Wendesday

Looking for a spontanious fishing partner? Got a quick trip open seat/share a ride available? Post it here!
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
bearhunter
Angler

Post by bearhunter » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:35 pm

I had plans to leave today around 3pm. But the guy never called and I am packed and ready to go. I have never fish this lake and have been wanting to for weeks now, but I can't find anyone that want to go or or is reliable. I have a boat and down riggers. I will find a motel and fish Wednesday to. I was planing on leaving around 7am and fish the rest of Tuesday. PM me by 10pm or I will look at my emails before I leave in the morning.

Bobber_Dogging_Gal
Petty Officer

Post by Bobber_Dogging_Gal » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:07 pm

Where is Riffe lake?
Bobber_Dogger

Larry3215
Admiral

Re: Open seat to fish Riffe Lake Tuesday and Wendesday

Post by Larry3215 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:01 pm

Roughly half way to Portland from Seattle. Check the Lakes Index section of the site for a map showing the location or try Google.

MotoBoat
Commodore

Post by MotoBoat » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:47 pm

bearhunter wrote:I had plans to leave today around 3pm. But the guy never called and I am packed and ready to go. I have never fish this lake and have been wanting to for weeks now, but I can't find anyone that want to go or or is reliable. I have a boat and down riggers. I will find a motel and fish Wednesday to. I was planing on leaving around 7am and fish the rest of Tuesday. PM me by 10pm or I will look at my emails before I leave in the morning.
Did you make the trip? How was the fishing? Recent reports indicate the fish to be bigger than in the last few years.

bearhunter
Angler

Post by bearhunter » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:17 pm

I didn't make it on Tuesday,or Wednesday. Ended up waking plans with a guy to fish it Friday. Started fishing at 6 am and finished around 5 pm. It was slow at first. Misted alot of fish at first. Then picked up the speed from 1.5 to 2/2.5 and stared to hook fish. The first 5 fish were small and we released them except the bleeding ones. Nick wasn't getting any bites on his dodger/hoochie. So all he had was pop gear and a wedding ring with a green resin on the hook. Instently he hooked 15 to 16 inches coho. But I losses it for him. [thumbdn] Then as we were getting the down rigger ready a big trout hit. FISH ON :fish: 16 to 17 incher. So my gear was not doing the job anymore. [confused] so I switched to pop gear to and trolled down to 20 to 30 ft. Did good. Losses 10 and release 15 or so. We ended up 8 in the boat 1 small, 1 medium, and the rest 15 to 17. It was a fun fishery but if I do it again I will stay the night and fish 2 or more days. That was a longest day ever. I left the house at 3 am. Picked up Nick at 4am in kent and arrived at the ramp by 5:30 am. Fished from 6am to 5pm and walked through around 8: 30 pm. :cheers: Wow I was lazy that Saturday. Well got to go :salut:

MotoBoat
Commodore

Post by MotoBoat » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:17 pm

That is a long day. Riff is further of a drive than I first thought. Must be all of 3 hours from Seattle.

NorseNW
Petty Officer

Post by NorseNW » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:03 am

Bearhunter -

Thanks for the informative post on your trip. We are headed up there for our maiden voyage on Fathers day weekend. Will be staying two nights at Taidnapin park. Not sure how long it will take us to get there as it's the back side of the lake. We are coming from Battle Ground cruising with a truck camper pulling the boat. Looking forward to trying out new water.

I will definitely report when I get back.

Diverdoyle
Petty Officer

Post by Diverdoyle » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:21 am

The east side of the lake can get really windy up on the koskmos flats . when my family stayed at the lake we used to be able to camp for free on the mossy rock dam area it worked as a wind break a lil bit. it is a drive but worth the drive. bring some small mouth bass gear we caught some up on the east end of the lake

Return to “Quick Search for a Fishing Buddy”