hiking/ fishing friend

Looking for a spontanious fishing partner? Got a quick trip open seat/share a ride available? Post it here!
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
jonb
Commander

hiking/ fishing friend

Post by jonb » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:44 am

when i try to hike alone, my wife fears ill be eaten by a bear or Sasquatch (lol) so i need a hiking partner, it is safer to hike in a group than solo, but a lot of my friends that i fish with don't want to hike, they would rather fish close to home, and not have to walk(hike). so I'm hoping to find ideally a person who is 25- 35, in a good physical condition, ( no injuries or heart problems) able to hike higher elevations long distance with gear. no need for fishing experience, i will fill your head with all the knowledge of fishing you could ever want or need to know as far as high lake fishing is concerned, ill even provide the fishing gear if need be. you will need a frame pack to start with, a raft or float tube would be a bonus as i take one with me every now and then, and is necessary on some trips. i will provide all necessary safety gear. i live in the Everett area, but would be willing to drive as far as north Seattle or mt Vernon to pick a person up to carpool , but be prepared to leave early if this is necessary. I'm not a weirdo, settled down, wife, job( remodel carpenter), the whole 9 yards, just an extreme fishing enthusiast. i know of high lakes with mackinaw, golden trout, arctic grayling and brook trout to name a few just in snohomish county and skagit county alone, and i want to catch them, with your help ill have permission from the boss(wife) to attempt this.
hi my name is john, and I'm a fishing addict.

vovchik
Angler

Re: hiking/ fishing friend

Post by vovchik » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:41 pm

Hello, I am also looking for a more experienced partner to go fishing with. I can say I am an amateur fisherman but I love fishing. I am just not very experienced but would like to get help and practical advise from more experienced person. I do like to fish on my own but having a partner would be much better.
About myself: I am not a native English speaker but I do well, lived in US since 1999. I am 41, good physical condition (and working on it too), live in Bothell and my favorite places are Snohomish and Skykomish rivers and their basins. I have a good sense of humor (a bit sarcastic though) and do well with people, I am not a sociopath. Oh, yeah, I do not have a boat :-)
Thanks

jonb
Commander

Post by jonb » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:23 pm

just sent you a pm

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:09 pm

Just wanting to encourage somebody to jump in on the Jon B "Quest for Golden trout" outing.

I am dying to read this report.
Good/solid guy to hang with, [thumbup] Wish I was 15 years younger, etc.

jonb
Commander

Post by jonb » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:51 am

Thanks quad i appreciate that.

whorde
Petty Officer

Post by whorde » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:26 am

This interests me. I will send you a message.

Kinda weird though, seems almost like a personals ad haha.

Return to “Quick Search for a Fishing Buddy”