Eastern Washington Fishing Buddies

Looking for a spontanious fishing partner? Got a quick trip open seat/share a ride available? Post it here!
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Fishman_Kuzan
Petty Officer

Eastern Washington Fishing Buddies

Post by Fishman_Kuzan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:37 pm

I live on the Snake River at Lyons Ferry and its pretty hard to meet anybody new. There is a boat launch 5 minutes from my house. I plan on fishing out there a lot this spring and summer during the week and taking longer trips on weekends to places like Pot Holes, Banks and Chelan and maybe some Columbia River action near the Tri-Cities or up in the Brewster pool. Also will be fishing North Idaho- Hayden, Fernan, Coeur d'alene/chain lakes.

I'm looking for any age partners to teach/learn with me about these great waters. Willing to meet up with people from Tri-Cities, Lewiston/Clarkston, Walla Walla, Spokane. I have a 16' Smokercraft stilletto and ample gear supply. I primarily bass, steelhead/salmon, kokanee fish but am looking to get into walleye and catfish and I'd really like to find some crappie out here on the Snake. Need to learn how to fish the great summer run/sockeye/URB fisheries as most of my salmon fishing occurs in Puget Sound or west side rivers.

Its a standing offer so just comment or message me, the more the merrier. tight lines!
Last edited by Fishman_Kuzan on Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Re: Eastern Washington Fishing Buddies

Post by MarkFromSea » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:22 pm

There's a lot of East siders on here. Repost as the season transitions, regulars will check back in over time.... better weather, ect... Welcome to WA Lakes! :cheers:
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

Fishman_Kuzan
Petty Officer

Post by Fishman_Kuzan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:27 pm

Thanks Mark!

I did think twice about that sentence, there have been lots of good east side reports. Just wanted to get the post out there just in case others with early spring fever decide to browse this section.

As a P.S. planning on hitting lower Roosevelt to try for some early season kokes and bonus 'bows next weekend if anyone is interested, Rock Lake is also on my radar. Been to Rock before but would like to go with someone who knows the lake to point out the tricky spots...

bma
Angler

Post by bma » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:57 pm

I just moved to Walla Walla, from OC California, and I am looking for a bass fishing buddy. Possibly team tournaments too. Went into Nixons Marine today to see if their were any local clubs to join.

Seems not to many bass fisherman around here.

If you ever need someone to explore the water with you, give me a call. I also have a 20ft.bass boat that we can use too.

I plan on fishing next week, but dont know where yet. maybe the Snake??? Are you up for it???

B.
714 308 8602

rusty
Petty Officer

Post by rusty » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:28 pm

I fish the Brewster pool during the sockeye run. If you decide to go send me a pm and I can load you up with info and help get you into some fish. We usually go @ end of july.

ncwflounderer
Lieutenant

Post by ncwflounderer » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:37 am

I live in Wenatchee area. I target similar water and fish as you. Banks lake, Lake Chelan, and Rufus woods and Potholes are areas I find myself in regularly. I have a 12' Duroboat, so I don't have a lot of room, but would be willing to tag along with you and share some knowledge with you some time.
Eat, sleep, fish

Fishman_Kuzan
Petty Officer

Post by Fishman_Kuzan » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:34 pm

Thank you for all the replies so far! This site is great.

Bma- PM Sent. Just so it's publicly known however, its a little early for bass for me. From what I know they are deep and holding, and it would be a real slow venture. Would be interested to learn it though, love smallies!

Rusty- Thank you for the offer, I will contact you as that season rolls around and I will really appreciate any help!

ncwflounderer- I started out with a 12' and have kept it around for hitting places like Bonnie, you would be welcome in my boat anytime. Chelan will be the first of those places I visit so I will contact you when I have trips planned. Hoping to make the WA Lakes get together May 3-5 or whenever it is, but my wife kind of has other vacation plans... heh. I have my fingers crossed!

Thanks again for the replies, tight lines all [thumbsup]

Kalamath_Ken
Angler

Post by Kalamath_Ken » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:17 pm

Been to Rock before but would like to go with someone who knows the lake to point out the tricky spots…

on the west side of the lake about 1/3 the way up there are spires to watch out for, and about 3/4 the is a spire that sits just below the waterline in the middle of the lake.. use watch the wind - it can turn ugly out there in us a few minutes..

Qdub96
Angler

Post by Qdub96 » Mon May 19, 2014 10:16 pm

I haven't fished since I was 5 years old (10+ years ago), but I am getting back into it, and I would definitely love to have a fishing "pal". I have my dad, but he struggles to commit to anything due to lack of "spirit" (and old age) and usually just naps in the car while I'm out getting sunburnt.

I am in Spokane and would love to travel to various lakes/rivers. I have a small inflatable raft that is just big enough for me and my tackle box, but am not too skilled at rowing a boat; however, I am looking at getting an old boat to fix up (mechanical wise, it is physically fit) and if the boat works out fine, I could even "sponsor" a few trips.

Just hit me up if you are going to swing by Spokane (give notice ahead if time). I would give gas money for road trips, but being unemployed really prevents doing so.

Return to “Quick Search for a Fishing Buddy”