tired of getting skunked

Looking for a spontanious fishing partner? Got a quick trip open seat/share a ride available? Post it here!
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
drysuperfly52
Commander

tired of getting skunked

Post by drysuperfly52 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:22 pm

i am looking for any that is headed to a local river for fishing and wouldnt mind a tag a long. i have been out pink fishing 3 times a week and not even a bump, i have read every article and form on here and i must still be doing something wrong. so if your headed to the river this weeked let me know, i can meet you there or drive and we can use my GA$.
Yes i am 6'8", NO i didn't play basketball in school

jonb
Commander

Re: tired of getting skunked

Post by jonb » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:24 pm

I have 8 fish on the catch record card so far this season, 4 trips, I think I could help break your skunk. I'll even pitch on gas, i need a fishing buddy, I'm sick of fishing alone. I'm available after work (5pm and on) mon thru fri and weekends. My name is John my number is 425 971 5671.
hi my name is john, and I'm a fishing addict.

Steelheadin360
Commodore

Post by Steelheadin360 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:51 pm

Give me a call (360) 722-4843 We have been doing pretty good.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:35 pm

Try up by Tualco on the SKykomish. There are TONS of fish there. A bobber and sand shrimp will bring you home a limit, I promise.

drysuperfly52
Commander

Post by drysuperfly52 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:42 pm

Thanks nate I will be there Saturday to try my luck, when using sand shrimp do I use the whole thing or just the tail?
Yes i am 6'8", NO i didn't play basketball in school

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:53 pm

its getting better, its all a numbers game.. pinks are so easy only because they come in such large schools, you still have to put down something that attracts that bite .. find a big school, put the right thing in front of a face AND find fish in your cooler.

we got skunked a few days too and finally timed it right yesterday into a big school.. lots of hookups on dick nites.. sandshrimp is also very effective and of course the old pink jig slays too.. FIND the flippers and flopper and you will find fish in your cooler.. at least thats what i tell myself.. [thumbsup] [woot]

schu7498
Commander

Post by schu7498 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:29 pm

Try the puyallup! The river is ridiculous right now. Pinks lots and lots of them.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:53 pm

drysuperfly52 wrote:Thanks nate I will be there Saturday to try my luck, when using sand shrimp do I use the whole thing or just the tail?
It depends on how big they are. If they're the little guys, the whole thing goes on the hook. Lately all I've been able to dig are the monsters, so I tear 'em up. Store bought is the same thing. If you can find the 18 ct. minis, then you're good to go.

Return to “Quick Search for a Fishing Buddy”