Open Seat Sky in 14' drift boat

Looking for a spontanious fishing partner? Got a quick trip open seat/share a ride available? Post it here!
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
FKJ
Angler

Open Seat Sky in 14' drift boat

Post by FKJ » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:08 am

Looking for fishing buddies to fish the Sky. You need to have a car and meet at Sultan boat ramp then ride upstream in my truck, drop off the boat while you watch it, and then I swap rigs so the trailer is waiting when done. Then I take you back up to your ride at the end.
Last edited by FKJ on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

drysuperfly52
Commander

Re: Open Seat Sky today

Post by drysuperfly52 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:46 am

nothing like reading an open boat seat while sitting at my desk at work ](*,) , good luck out there
Yes i am 6'8", NO i didn't play basketball in school

strider43
Captain

Post by strider43 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:10 am

drysuperfly52 wrote:nothing like reading an open boat seat while sitting at my desk at work ](*,) , good luck out there
my feelings as well, I live in Gold Bar.........and I'm at work............ [cursing]

FKJ
Angler

Post by FKJ » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:26 am

Sorry working class heroes. I may hit it tomorrow too but won't know till tonight. As it looks now I will be banking it today.

idahogrizzly
Angler

Re: Open Seat Sky in 14' drift boat

Post by idahogrizzly » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:45 am

FKJ,
I am a Tugboat Captain and work a 30/15 schedule, I really want to learn to fish any of the Olympic rivers. Have fished the Humptulips several times and would love to learn the Sky, Hoh, Bogachiel, Sol Duc, or any others. When I'm in town I'd be willing to meet you anywhere and share expenses. I live down towards Vancouver but travel anywhere. I fish several of these rivers also. If interested when you have an open seat let me know. The Griz

FKJ
Angler

Post by FKJ » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:35 pm

Howdy Griz, Your river list is definitely on my bucket list too but I probably can't get-er done without professional help. The sky is a bit of a drive for you and early start for a luke-warm fishery. I definitely travel south (Cowlitz last week-slow) and would be game for some of the grays harbor/peninsula rivers. I'm hoping to find local people that don't have to invest a lot of time, money, or planning in making quick trips happen. That said I will have an open seat for ya and will get you from point A to B safely but getting fish in the boat will be your responsibility [thumbsup] as I'm no expert. I'm hoping to get out tomorrow and Saturday and have yet to find a rider to help with the car shuffle. PM me if still interested.

Thanks

Cascadian
Petty Officer

Post by Cascadian » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:26 am

Sent you a private message with my contact details. I am up for going anytime!

kbf1961
Petty Officer

Post by kbf1961 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:34 am

idahogrizzly wrote:FKJ,
I am a Tugboat Captain and work a 30/15 schedule, I really want to learn to fish any of the Olympic rivers. Have fished the Humptulips several times and would love to learn the Sky, Hoh, Bogachiel, Sol Duc, or any others. When I'm in town I'd be willing to meet you anywhere and share expenses. I live down towards Vancouver but travel anywhere. I fish several of these rivers also. If interested when you have an open seat let me know. The Griz
Hey Griz, Im also a Tugboat skipper. I live in Aberdeen. Looking for a parttime partner on these coastal rivers. Ive got a 15 ft aluminum driftboat...PM me...Kevin

Burnside
Petty Officer

Post by Burnside » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:35 pm

Hey FKJ I am always up for fishing if you have an open spot let me know. (206) 790-3663

Return to “Quick Search for a Fishing Buddy”