Fishing Lake Sammamish from canoe or yak

Looking for a spontanious fishing partner? Got a quick trip open seat/share a ride available? Post it here!
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
rayborbon
Petty Officer

Fishing Lake Sammamish from canoe or yak

Post by rayborbon » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:47 pm

Hi,

I am mostly looking to fish Sammamish (or Washington when the conditions are good) this spring. I have a Nucanoe Frontier that's 12 foot and seats two. I am not a very good angler but I do catch fish and would like to meet some cool people and learn more about Sammamish. I have a fair bit of spare time on weekends but only have one dry suit for me. So if you want to join on my boat in cold conditions you should have something to keep you warm in case you fall in. If you have your own boat, yak or canoe and wouldn't mind company then send me a message and we'll see if we can link up. I am living in Kirkland.

Bring on the fish,
-Ray :nemo:
That's MY bike punk! You want somma Debo!?

rayborbon
Petty Officer

Re: Fishing Lake Sammamish from canoe or yak

Post by rayborbon » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:07 pm

bring your own booze. [thumbup]

rayborbon
Petty Officer

Post by rayborbon » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:40 pm

No, I don't have any downriggers. I think people use things like Deep Six Diver for that sort of thing from a small craft. As of today I have not mounted the sonar yet but I have most of the setup ready so that will come together in the next few weeks.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:50 am

For help in rigging your yak there is a local Kayak fishing site you should check out. Great info on gear and quality people involved with it. Some WaLakes members are active on it as well.. http://www.northwestkayakanglers.com/
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Return to “Quick Search for a Fishing Buddy”