Bogachiel River Week of 12/10

Looking for a spontanious fishing partner? Got a quick trip open seat/share a ride available? Post it here!
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
NWrookie
Petty Officer

Bogachiel River Week of 12/10

Post by NWrookie » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:13 am

I am going to try the Bogey next week. I am off all week, so the days will not matter. I have never been there, so I am planning on a 2 day trip. If anyone is interested, I get free gas with my company vehicle, so thats covered.

lost360
Petty Officer

Re: Bogachiel River Week of 12/10

Post by lost360 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:23 pm

If you were jest going for the day I would love to go good luck

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:31 pm

The bogey is a great river and will be fun. I've fished out there for a long time, try around the hatchery area it's going to be your best bet.

NWrookie
Petty Officer

Post by NWrookie » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:55 am

Thanks for the advice, Nate. I met you on the Green a couple of weeks ago, and I am going to take your suggestion and give it a try. I have been told to try live sandshrimp, red corkies, and jigs. I have them all, I will make sure to post how it comes out. Does it matter what the weather is?
Member Lakewood Master Bassers
http://www.LakewoodMasterBassers.com
I always catch my limit, unfortunately most of the time my limit is 0.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:38 pm

NWrookie wrote:Thanks for the advice, Nate. I met you on the Green a couple of weeks ago, and I am going to take your suggestion and give it a try. I have been told to try live sandshrimp, red corkies, and jigs. I have them all, I will make sure to post how it comes out. Does it matter what the weather is?
It does to the point that the bogey can blow out quick. When it does blow out, you'll be stuck at the hatchery or plunking. I've had a lot of luck with a pink jig and sand shrimp tail around that area, but they're steelhead, they're going to bite.

Return to “Quick Search for a Fishing Buddy”