Looking for someone to go fishing with?

Looking for a spontanious fishing partner? Got a quick trip open seat/share a ride available? Post it here!
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Looking for someone to go fishing with?

Post by Mike Carey » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:59 pm

If you have an open seat or want to share a ride and are looking for someone to go fishing with, post it in this Forum.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: Looking for someone to go fishing with?

Post by The Quadfather » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:17 pm

OK.... so here is a last minute addition to the "Looking for Someone to go fishing with" thread.

The weather may be complete crap tomorrow, but I have a last minute day off from work. I have messaged another forum member for a possible fishing day tomorrow, but I expect he will have to work.
If anyone is interested in trolling lake WA. for cutthroat in the morning, you can send me a PM. This is if in fact I don't hear back on the other guy going or not.

If I go to Lake WA. you might be prepared for a wet day. :-"

Edit: oh man... Hitched up the boat, wind started ripping, snow is blowing.... It's back to the honey do list!
Last edited by The Quadfather on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

reelman
Warrant Officer

Post by reelman » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:40 pm

Wish I weren't on the opposite side of the state.

dresscode5
Angler

Post by dresscode5 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:21 pm

I'm not gunna lie... I am really hoping to get a bass before spring is official. If you have an open seat, get a hold of me and I'll be there given I'm not working. Off Friday, Sat, Sunday's at the moment. Pitching in for gas ect. is not an issue. Tight lines.

Ryan-

zen leecher
Commander

Post by zen leecher » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:47 am

Anyone want to fish trout in the Basin area...let me know. I'm free most days. Bad news is I already live there.

So far I've fished Rocky Ford about 16 times and caught fish most trips. I'm now working on the teeny little chironomids that frustrate people. I'm working on a #22 pupa and we'll see if it's still too big.

Tomorrow a fair amount of the "anything goes" trout lakes open up. I do fish with more than fly gear.

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:01 pm

The Quadfather wrote:OK.... so here is a last minute addition to the "Looking for Someone to go fishing with" thread.

The weather may be complete crap tomorrow, but I have a last minute day off from work. I have messaged another forum member for a possible fishing day tomorrow, but I expect he will have to work.
If anyone is interested in trolling lake WA. for cutthroat in the morning, you can send me a PM. This is if in fact I don't hear back on the other guy going or not.

If I go to Lake WA. you might be prepared for a wet day. :-"

Edit: oh man... Hitched up the boat, wind started ripping, snow is blowing.... It's back to the honey do list!
I drove over 90 this morning and was thinking if that crazy quadfather actually went out. White caps with sleet!

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:07 pm

No Sir, Paul. i hitched up the boat, and literally with in seconds the largest fir trees were bending and the wind gusting. Snow was even flying. I just kicked the tire and shoved it all back in the garage. Uhg!!! I'll sit in the rain in an uncovered boat as long as anybody. But you can't be safe and troll effectively in big wind. (at least in my boat) [thumbdn]

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:57 pm

The Quadfather wrote:No Sir, Paul. i hitched up the boat, and literally with in seconds the largest fir trees were bending and the wind gusting. Snow was even flying. I just kicked the tire and shoved it all back in the garage. Uhg!!! I'll sit in the rain in an uncovered boat as long as anybody. But you can't be safe and troll effectively in big wind. (at least in my boat) [thumbdn]
I'm starting to get the itch to get out too! Weather needs to cooperate a little for me to venture out.

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:01 pm

The Quadfather wrote:No Sir, Paul. i hitched up the boat, and literally with in seconds the largest fir trees were bending and the wind gusting. Snow was even flying. I just kicked the tire and shoved it all back in the garage. Uhg!!! I'll sit in the rain in an uncovered boat as long as anybody. But you can't be safe and troll effectively in big wind. (at least in my boat) [thumbdn]
I think what I hear you saying is that you need a bigger boat with an enclosed cabin. [thumbup]

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:12 pm

guys - I think this will work better if you have a new "looking for someone to fish with" request that you post it as a new thread on this forum. That way each offer is on it's own thread. JMO.

Title it with specifics like reelman did.

I'm locking this thread since it was supposed to have been the info thread (should have locked it from the start, opps!)

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Return to “Quick Search for a Fishing Buddy”