New section for fishing rule changes/questions?

Have a good idea for the site? Lets talk about it!
Larry3215
Admiral

New section for fishing rule changes/questions?

Post by Larry3215 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:43 pm

How about a new section just for rules changes and questions? Right not there really isnt a single place for that sort of stuff. Many times new rules cover different areas or are hard to categorize under rivers/lakes/etc.
Ive just been posting them in "Announcements", but a dedicated rules section might be better.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Re: New section for fishing rule changes/questions?

Post by Mike Carey » Tue May 09, 2017 11:49 am

I'm hesitate because there are so many rule changes, small and large, that wdfw announce. I don't mind members posting links or copying new rules that appear but it's not something we would want to try keep up on.
My routine anymore is to always check regs and then the emergency rules before heading out to fish a location.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Tue May 09, 2017 11:52 am

Agreed. If the state had an electronic method of accessing the rules/regs/updates we would certainly be interested, but they don't. Seems odd to me in this day and age to NOT have that information available via a web service for developers like myself to access.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
2012 Tohatsu 8hp 4-stroke
Minn Kota Terrova #80 i-Pilot
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Traxstech Fishing System

Larry3215
Admiral

Post by Larry3215 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:36 pm

I think you misunderstood what I meant. I wasnt wanting you guys to keep track of anything or provide links or up-dates or anything else.

I was thinking of a specific category for fishing rules/regs for users to post rules up-date and changes that we get in emails from WDFW, proposed new rules, North of Falcon changes, up-dates, etc etc.

Lots of folks dont get those emails and dont keep up with the news or the WDFW website or may miss an announcement on the news about some proposed change or some new law that is being debated.

Also it would be a place for people to ask questions about rules and discuss the rules, seasons, limits, gear etc, etc. All of the legal bits that affect us all and can change rapidly or can be hard to interpret.

In other words, it would be driven by user input.

Right now there is no place to post about that sort of thing except under the Announcements section or to scatter it where ever it might seem to fit. But gear rules might fit in several sections and a discussion could get lost or missed by someone who never river fishes but it still affected by selective gear rules. Some rules dont fit anywhere in the existing categories and new proposed laws, license fee changes, etc etc, dont fit anywhere.

So, no extra work for you guys other than to add a new category heading for us to post under.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed May 10, 2017 11:49 am

Got it, a new sub forum. Let me work on that.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".