salmon choices for reports

Have a good idea for the site? Lets talk about it!
4n6fisher
Warrant Officer

salmon choices for reports

Post by 4n6fisher » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:02 pm

Wondering why there are two names for most of the salmons, i.e., chinook and chinook salmon for choices? It makes searching harder since you have to do two separate searches for both chinook, then for chinook salmon. Seems like this could be simplified to only have one type (not listing salmon or vice versa) after the name, but maybe there is a good reason.

I like the site upgrade, just getting used to the new look.
Thanks

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Re: salmon choices for reports

Post by Aaron » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:08 pm

Its a side effect of creating a a query from the database of UNIQUE species when converting the old site to the new. Apparently at some point, both of those were options, and both were used in reports. We'll be combining these at some point, but for right now, its just another item on list of things to fix.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
2012 Tohatsu 8hp 4-stroke
Minn Kota Terrova #80 i-Pilot
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Traxstech Fishing System

4n6fisher
Warrant Officer

Post by 4n6fisher » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:00 pm

Excellent, thanks for creating such a great informative site. I have learned tons, now just need time for fishing!

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:54 pm

Aaron wrote:Its a side effect of creating a a query from the database of UNIQUE species when converting the old site to the new. Apparently at some point, both of those were options, and both were used in reports. We'll be combining these at some point, but for right now, its just another item on list of things to fix.
OR Make one land locked? Except for saltwater
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:59 pm

Toni wrote:
Aaron wrote:Its a side effect of creating a a query from the database of UNIQUE species when converting the old site to the new. Apparently at some point, both of those were options, and both were used in reports. We'll be combining these at some point, but for right now, its just another item on list of things to fix.
OR Make one land locked? Except for saltwater
No. Its always bugged me. It's much like having Trout as a choice, along with Rainbow Trout. I'll be combining those as well. If you know you've caught a Trout, but don't know what kind it is, you probably shouldn't be fishing.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
2012 Tohatsu 8hp 4-stroke
Minn Kota Terrova #80 i-Pilot
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Traxstech Fishing System