Introduction thread for new members?

Have a good idea for the site? Lets talk about it!
dlquinton
Angler

Introduction thread for new members?

Post by dlquinton » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:03 am

It would be cool for there to be an introduction thread for new members. It could be sugested to them in a pop-up the first time that they log-in. Someones intro could go like this...(I'm speaking for myself here.)

I just joined minutes ago. Just moved back to the Puget Sound area from Michigan...been gone about 25 years. Back there I was doing a lot of pike fishing. I was an avid pounder of the Skykomish and Skagit river systems since I was about 13 back in the 70's and 80's, and I'm looking forward to spending a lot of time out there again. My dad's name was Dane Quinton. He was a well known guide on the Sky' river system during the 60's and 70's before he passed away. I doubt if any of you out there will remember him, I just thought he deserved mention. Since the rivers change so dramatically on a yearly basis, I may be needing to pick a few of your brains to get back into the swing.

See you on the bank!

Now you see? If new members gave a little intro like that, you moderators would know who you're dealing with, and it would give you a chance to welcome them.

Just a thought.

Happy fishing! =P~

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Re: Introduction thread for new members?

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:45 am

We do have a thread for members to introduce themselves:

http://www.washingtonlakes.com/forum/vi ... ?f=4&t=455

No pop up like you described. We are looking toward a new site overhaul and will add this suggestion to our list.

Thanks

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".