Deleting Posts, comments, etc.

Have a good idea for the site? Lets talk about it!
FishBaitThe2nd
Captain

Deleting Posts, comments, etc.

Post by FishBaitThe2nd » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:10 pm

Hey Mike/Aaron, hope the fishing season is treating you guys well!

I had a suggestion, thought it might help keep some topics in the forums cleaner and more family friendly.

I know when you make a report you can delete others comments, why not have that into the forums? So if someone posts a nasty comment, or a thread is getting pretty bad, who ever started the thread can delete the nasty comments or delete the thread if it gets that bad? Just an idea that popped in my mind! Thanks guys!
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Re: Deleting Posts, comments, etc.

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:44 pm

We'd much rather delete the user. Frankly, we don't want members that think it's ok to be nasty and crude to other members on our site. I guess civility is a foreign concept in this day and age, but that's how we see it.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

big2wheel
Angler

Re: Deleting Posts, comments, etc.

Post by big2wheel » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:23 am

I was thinking of an Upgrade but looking at reports by the ignorance of Seattle Pat makes me want to run the other way. Must those opinion's be put on fishing reports?. My opinion is I have fished by him and he has no idea of what fishing is about. Ignorance is bliss and maybe his should not be on reports but in a forum