Charts,illustrations where fish hold at a given water temps

Have a good idea for the site? Lets talk about it!
JohnnyBME
Angler

Charts,illustrations where fish hold at a given water temps

Post by JohnnyBME » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:50 am

It would be nice if we were able to get ahold of water temp and CFS(if thats possible) and maybe charts that say where the fish hold during those temps etc. As well maybe what colors,lures and/or presentations work best during those periods. I am a newbie so if its already available let me know! Thx!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Re: Charts,illustrations where fish hold at a given water te

Post by Mike Carey » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:50 am

JohnnyBME wrote:It would be nice if we were able to get ahold of water temp and CFS(if thats possible) and maybe charts that say where the fish hold during those temps etc. As well maybe what colors,lures and/or presentations work best during those periods. I am a newbie so if its already available let me know! Thx!
Under the "Links" tab on the black menu bar is a link to USGS Stream Flows. That gives you information from all the USGS river guages, very valuable information.
As to water temps, I don't know of anything out there that provides this information.
For lures, presentation, etc, about the best source I can say would be the members that submit reports on the site. You'll have to do some research to get out those details. The Historical Data Reports for Premium Members does have a report for "best lure" and "best color" for particular lakes. These might be somewhat helpful to you as well.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

JohnnyBME
Angler

Re: Charts,illustrations where fish hold at a given water te

Post by JohnnyBME » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:53 pm

Thanks!