Make hot spot avilable to everyone

Have a good idea for the site? Lets talk about it!
dontknowanything
Petty Officer

Make hot spot avilable to everyone

Post by dontknowanything » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:41 pm

I am disabled and love to fish but cant afford a membership that should be a.feature for everyone so everyone can have fun to

oneshot
Commodore

Re: Make hot spot avilable to everyone

Post by oneshot » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:46 pm

I'm sure if you ask where a good hot spot is, some one will chime in.. for starters where are you located? and where do you want to fish?

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:18 am

I gotta be honest - I have never used the hotspots.. and my freezer is full. Don't get me wrong, it is a great feature, but not absolutely needed to catch fish and in the end, what is "HOT" one day, may not be "Hot" the next anyway.

Like Oneshot said, give us an idea of where you want to fish and I am sure someone will have some places for you go.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:29 am

dontknowanything wrote:I am disabled and love to fish but cant afford a membership that should be a.feature for everyone so everyone can have fun to
There are a limited number of enhancements we can offer the premium members, and this is one. Maybe down the road we can consider it if we develope other premium-membership only features to replace it.
We did just run a special lowering the price to only $17.99/year. Send me a PM, maybe we can figure something out.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Augwen
Lieutenant

Post by Augwen » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:49 am

Buying a Premium Membership to WaLakes is like buying a couple of nice lures (in cost). The lures might work and then again they might not. WaLakes always works. You can save money just with the tips that these people can give you [thumbsup]

goodtimesfishing
Captain

Post by goodtimesfishing » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:26 am

It really is a lot for the money!! Well worth the membership fee!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:20 pm

goodtimesfishing wrote:It really is a lot for the money!! Well worth the membership fee!
Glad you think so. The Premium Membership offers a lot more extras than just those hotspots.

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:25 am

Gringo Pescador wrote:I gotta be honest - I have never used the hotspots.. and my freezer is full. Don't get me wrong, it is a great feature, but not absolutely needed to catch fish and in the end, what is "HOT" one day, may not be "Hot" the next anyway.
Same here. Just because someone had a great day at one spot, unless you can duplicate all the exact same conditions on another day, it may just be someplace to enjoy the scenery. Hotspots are where I am catching fish at that moment, not some arbitrary spot on a map. Provide some info for others to help you out, that's more valuable than a bunch of dots on a map any day. [thumbup]
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

dontknowanything
Petty Officer

Post by dontknowanything » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:02 am

Im in so tacoma i have inflateable hard bottom boat and i m not picky i just want to have and catch fish with my,kid and i want to learn how fish the salmon river too

dontknowanything
Petty Officer

Post by dontknowanything » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:30 pm

oneshot wrote:I'm sure if you ask where a good hot spot is, some one will chime in.. for starters where are you located? and where do you want to fish?
Well i have tried with nothing i live in tacoma and me and my daughter go i have a boat and i dont know where to go im kinda tired of not catching fish when we go out we catch a few so im open to any advise

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:47 am

dontknowanything wrote:
oneshot wrote:I'm sure if you ask where a good hot spot is, some one will chime in.. for starters where are you located? and where do you want to fish?
Well i have tried with nothing i live in tacoma and me and my daughter go i have a boat and i dont know where to go im kinda tired of not catching fish when we go out we catch a few so im open to any advise
There's plenty of people around here that will be happy to help I'm sure.

A starting point is to decide what type of fishing - freshwater or saltwater, lakes, rivers? Species? Once you have an idea then look at reports present and past. We have over 35,000 fishing reports in the system, so there is no shortage of information (which can sometimes be overwhelmign to sort through, too much information!).
Then there are the forums. I'd post your questions on the freshwater, saltwater, or river forums to start since they are the most broad category forums to request for help on.

Bottom line, the info is hear and the community is here. You just need to think about what exactly you want to fish for.

good luck!

Trout_hunter
Angler

Post by Trout_hunter » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:41 pm

often times the hot spots are pinpointing areas that are producing because of structure; rocky shelves, underwater downed timber, etc. that may offer conditions that will produce again and again. You have to check them out, but many prove to be valuable. Another very valuable resource provided by WA Lakes!