Locating without chaging pages

Have a good idea for the site? Lets talk about it!
WN9045LG
Angler

Locating without chaging pages

Post by WN9045LG » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:07 am

Just kinda puttering with this idea and thought I'd ask what you think of it....how about adding a map and directions to the location of any lake you want to read about in the "reports" section. I know there are lots of lakes I don't know how to get to or where they may be located in the state. It would be a quick addition of good information without having to go search ...just an idea????

kuttkilla
Captain

RE:Locating without chaging pages

Post by kuttkilla » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:14 am

WN9045LG wrote:Just kinda puttering with this idea and thought I'd ask what you think of it....how about adding a map and directions to the location of any lake you want to read about in the "reports" section. I know there are lots of lakes I don't know how to get to or where they may be located in the state. It would be a quick addition of good information without having to go search ...just an idea????
That would have to be added (the directions and map) thru a moderator, and someone would have to type it out and send it in...very, very time consuming...I use mapquest and am 98% successful...also I have a Garmin and it's 100% successful in finding all sorts of hidden lakes, and of course the main ones...it even re-calculates when I make a bone-headed error and veer off into the meth lab woodslands...

**NOTE Is your username your boat's registration numbers? Yikes, if so, get it changed...posting info like that can spell bad news...trust me, I know...lol...WN------ is usually a boat number**
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

WN9045LG
Angler

Post by WN9045LG » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:46 am

Thanks so much for the good advice about the username , just never gave it a thought when I signed up. Guess I should invest in a GPS for good measure also, thanks again.

kuttkilla
Captain

Post by kuttkilla » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:50 am

WN9045LG wrote:Thanks so much for the good advice about the username , just never gave it a thought when I signed up. Guess I should invest in a GPS for good measure also, thanks again.
Yeah you bet! Just contact Aaron Borg and he'll help you out...