Is Rich Landers in the pocket of WDFW?

NO, it's not a muskie, but it's close...
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Fish-N-Fool
Commander

Is Rich Landers in the pocket of WDFW?

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:18 am

I doing a little research on the Pend Oreille River I ran into this article

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2014/j ... g-on-pend/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by our old buddy Rich Landers. This is a quote from the article; "Some anglers suggest the fish managers killed a high percentage of the bass and other sport fish in the nets that were targeting pike. Indeed, some bass were killed.
Records show that in killing 16,000 northern pike over three years, the gillnets also killed 94 largemouth bass and 38 small mouth bass." I don't know if Rich is gullible and believes everything that the WDFW is feeding him or is he getting kickbacks for writing this stuff. I read the catch reports that they put out for a very brief time the first year they gill netted. In those reports by the WDFW they said the # of Large mouth bass caught in the nets was just over 7,000 and the # of Small mouth was 900 some. That's a far cry from what they are trying to tell us now, and that was just for part of the first year!!!! Those reports were quickly pulled down and were never posted again. This is the kind of deception and lies the fisheries management has repeatedly done over the years to sway public opinion. No, the Pend Oreille River isn't a dead sea, but it IS pail in comparison to it's former glory. For both L.M and S.M. Bass. As for the Pike yes they are still there, but in about 12 outings fishing for Smallies this year I caught about 300 Small mouth Bass, 6 L.M. Bass and 1 small Pike, The # of small brown bass has greatly increased as well , with most fish well being well under 12" compared to about a 2 lb. average 6 or 7 years ago.
I can't see why they are still netting it???? The number of Pike being caught down stream has greatly increased in the last few years. Even if the Pike were a threat to the Salmon and Trout populations like they try to tell you, (and we all know that Pike, Bass, Trout and Salmon have been happily co-existing in Lake CDA for many many years) they are fighting the wrong battle. They should be worried about the fish that are already in FDR lake not the few that are left in Box Canyon. It really pisses me off to see how a few miss-guided souls can ruin what the majority of the people want, and they say this is a free country? I think not.
Getting down off my soapbox now.
Fish-N-Fool