Here we go again!!!!!

NO, it's not a muskie, but it's close...
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
AJ's Dad
Commodore

Here we go again!!!!!

Post by AJ's Dad » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:47 pm

As predicted, the Coeurdalene Tribe is now making the papers again talking about the "West Slope
Freaking Cutthroat Trou
t", and blaming it all on the Northern Pike. Click this link, or copy and paste it in your browser.
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2013/s ... y-shelter/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One word describes this situation best. "DEJAVU"
A study is being done, we are checking the stomach contents of the fish and releasing them. :^o
AAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!! [cursing]
This is going to be the PendOreille River all over again. I am certainly not surprised, as many of us predicted that exactly this would happen. They just couldn't sit back and watch the Kalispels reap all of that BPA money and not take a shot at getting in on the windfall. I know this study has been talked about before but this looks like just another step in the same process we saw before.
Statements like, We remember the days of trout filled streams. When will they be back? The pike are eating all the young cutthroats and they can't make it back to the streams to spawn. On and on and on and on. It makes me want to puke. This will happen until someone in athourity finally stands up and says that pike are not the only species out there that eats other fish. For gods sakes give it a break. Even if they do get a few more West Slope Freaking Cutthroat Trout to survive, they they can't eat as many of them as they used to in the good ole days because they will have too high of a murcury content in them, coming out of the contaminated creeks.
I can imagine it will only be a matter of (a short) time until we see those damned bright orange floats out on Cda lake, and every one of the chain lakes, and they will stay there until the pike fishing has been deastroyed, EXACTLY like it was in the POR, and all in the name of the almighty DOLLAR.
Who will be next to get in line to take their shot at completely elliminating every pike in the western United States?????
I wonder if that Kalispel Tribal Fisheries Biologist has been hiring out as a consultant. If so, would he be considered a fisheries consultant or a financial consultant.
This CRAP is PATHETIC.
You can bet that if there is a damn Dam involved in a particular waterway, and there are pike in it, someone will find a way to tap the BPA for a few million dollars.
When will someone of influence finally stand up for the Northern Pike?? The tax paying, pike angling citizen standing up for them doesn't seem to matter.
Get out there and catch some pike while you can. They will be gone before you know it.
God bless the Esox Lucious. A condemed species in the northwest. May they rest in peace.

Lucius
Commander

Re: Here we go again!!!!!

Post by Lucius » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:18 am

You know, I wonder if any of these wildlife departments ever thought the reason for "SOME" bucket biology is themselves. They try and fix one thing at the cost of another. You make a set of anglers mad because of this and they retaliate by bucket biology. Especially in a state where there are plenty of people that are anti-government. I don't think actively trying to reduce pike numbers is going to go over very with with a lot of the folks of CDA. I mean the pike have been here for over 30 years and now you have a problem. Idaho is one of only 3 states to have state records over 40lbs (set in 2010 as compared to the other records set back in the old days), and now we want to demonize this fish? COME ON!!!! Mother natures way is to adapt and it appears to me the cutthroat trout isn't very good at adapting. Hell it is even the USA model in some instances to adapt. Isn't there other bodies of water that have cutthroat in them?