Schedule for February 2012 WDFW Meeting

NO, it's not a muskie, but it's close...
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Natebg1
Lieutenant

Schedule for February 2012 WDFW Meeting

Post by Natebg1 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:43 pm

Hello Pike Fans,

Just wanted to make sure and get this information out to those that are interested in the next upcoming meeting with the WDFW. Here is the link to the information http://wdfw.wa.gov/commission/meetings/ ... b0412.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm certainly interested in attending the Saturday block at 10:20 am which is open to the public. I'm sure it's much tougher for those on the East side but if any West siders are interested let me know. I'm sure numerous voices are better then 1, but I also understand scheduling conflicts. Tight Lines!

Nate

Lucius
Commander

Re: Schedule for February 2012 WDFW Meeting

Post by Lucius » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:42 pm

Did anybody ever go to this?

YJ Guide Service
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by YJ Guide Service » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:09 pm

were going to the Spokane meetings on Wed this week....Power to the Pike

Augwen
Lieutenant

Post by Augwen » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:54 am

Although it is not going the way you wanted it too...you at least were quoted and got your picture in the paper!

YJ Guide Service
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by YJ Guide Service » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:00 am

That is true atleast the looked at someone elses view besides WDFW all the time....

Augwen
Lieutenant

Post by Augwen » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:16 am

Yep...WDFW does not stand for "What Do Fishermen Want"....

Natebg1
Lieutenant

Post by Natebg1 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:33 pm

Augwen, You hit the Nail on the head about the WDFW. Any organization that has to hide in the woods or stake out an area undercover for the purpose of "regulating fishing or hunting" is absolutely crazy and insane to me. There may be the few bad eggs every now and again, but most people I fish with can certainly police themselves without having to worry about breaking any rules or regulations. If its not about money and trying to play "big brother" then can someone please clarify what the WDFW's real role is? It is certainly not educating and trying to help make people more responsible outdoorsmen and women. Ultimate power, ultimately corrupts just like in politics and I for one am sick and tired of the way the the WDFW does business. They should be embarressed and should appologize to Washington Outdoorsmen and Women for the way they conduct themselves in the field! I have seen some pretty shady things out on the rivers the past few months and needless to say it needs to STOP! Good for You Augwen for saying it, the majority of us feel the same way. =D>

Nate

Mark K
Lieutenant

Post by Mark K » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:41 pm

Natebg1 wrote:Augwen, You hit the Nail on the head about the WDFW. Any organization that has to hide in the woods or stake out an area undercover for the purpose of "regulating fishing or hunting" is absolutely crazy and insane to me. There may be the few bad eggs every now and again, but most people I fish with can certainly police themselves without having to worry about breaking any rules or regulations. If its not about money and trying to play "big brother" then can someone please clarify what the WDFW's real role is? It is certainly not educating and trying to help make people more responsible outdoorsmen and women. Ultimate power, ultimately corrupts just like in politics and I for one am sick and tired of the way the the WDFW does business. They should be embarressed and should appologize to Washington Outdoorsmen and Women for the way they conduct themselves in the field! I have seen some pretty shady things out on the rivers the past few months and needless to say it needs to STOP! Good for You Augwen for saying it, the majority of us feel the same way. =D>

Nate
It may be true, but sadly we have no other choice but to deal with it. We just need to be respectful of WDFW and show up anywhere we can and have our voices heard. For the most part the dealings I have had with WDFW they have been very good, and respectful. They do a hell of a job with the Tiger fishery. Show up to meetings, and tournaments. It is just this one topic we disagree on. Could things/communication be better? Hell ya. The worst thing we can do is alienate them as they do read this board. How will we be taken seriously if we trash them here? The ultimate goal is for us to work together WITH WDFW on some sort of Pike management plan. It's not going the way we like so far, but let's just keep trying and try to be respectful in the public eye while we do it. Trust me, I'm just as frustrated as you, and I have said my fair share of negative things, but it hasn't got us anywhere.

Augwen
Lieutenant

Post by Augwen » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:04 am

All the field people that I have met on the east side have always been polite and informative. You actually do not see many of them as their areas are so extensive. The ones I met on the west side were too busy to do anything but their jobs. I believe that whatever we think and/or the field people think, gets lost or ignored by the time that it reaches the "Decision Makers".

YJ Guide Service
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by YJ Guide Service » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:21 am

This movement is twords the ones making the rule changes and not the ones enforceing them. I have had nothing but good experiences from the enforcement officers I have come in contact with in the feild. I personally know one of them and he is a really nice guy and takes his job serious. You couldnt pay me to confront people with guns in the middle of no where. I have alot of respect for them. Some of them are on board as well but because of their jobs cant be vocal. Hope to see everyone at the meetings tonite.