Pend Oreille River No Wake

NO, it's not a muskie, but it's close...
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
YJ Guide Service
Sponsor
Sponsor

Pend Oreille River No Wake

Post by YJ Guide Service » Thu May 26, 2011 4:18 pm

There has been a rule implamented on the Pend Oreille River of 5mph and no wake since the water level has exceded the high water mark they set. Dont get caught its a $66 fine. Let everyone you know of this change. Its a bummer fishing just started to get good too...Hard to go anywhere at no wake speeds lol...To see the whole article go to www.krem.com Thanks Mark for the heads up....
YJ Guide Service 509-999-0717

Official WashingtonLakes.com Guide Sponsor
YJ Guide Service Guide/Owner
Jerry's Lure Design Field Staff

We fish for Sturgeon, Chinook Salmon, Walleye, Burbot, Tiger Muskie, Rainbow Trout, Channel Cats and Largemouth Bass

Kfedka
Commander

RE:Pend Oreille River No Wake

Post by Kfedka » Thu May 26, 2011 5:06 pm

Here is a working Link

Quoted from Krem.com

PEND OREILLE RIVER, Wash. -- A "No Wake Speed Limit" has been placed on the Pend Oreille River in Pend Oreille County, Washington. The Pend Oreille County Department of Emergency Management said the action is necessary to prevent property damage due to the elevated level of the Pend Oreille River. The current level of the river is 2,041 feet as measured at the Cusick gauging station.

The "No Wake Speed Limit" is made as required in the Pend Oreille County Boating Safety Ordinance No. 2001-01. Specifically the ordinance states, "Whenever the elevation, at the Cusick gauging station, is at or exceeds 2,041 feet there shall be in affect a "No Wake Speed Limit." The ordinance defines wake speed: "Means a slow speed producing no wake and further does not exceed five miles per hour."

Violations of the "No Wake Speed Limit" could cost you a fine of $66.

The Pend Oreille County Department of Emergency Management is monitoring the river level on a daily basis. Current information can be obtained by calling 509-447-1988. The recording is updated daily.
Last edited by Kfedka on Thu May 26, 2011 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Natebg1
Lieutenant

Post by Natebg1 » Fri May 27, 2011 1:48 am

Wow!!! That is something else, guess I am glad I came over and fished last week. Hopefully the River will start coming down at some point soon. Keep us posted.

Nate

Fish-N-Fool
Commander

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Mon May 30, 2011 5:44 am

There is also a no wake rule on many of the lakes (if not all) in PO county. I know Sacheen also has it posted 5 mph. So this is a county wide ban, or I have been told. The other bit of great news for me is Idaho is posting a no wake rule in the river here soon also, So my fishing will have to be in some of the smaller lakes around here for a while.
The Pike tourny on the P.O. this next weekend will be loads of fun at 5 mph lol
I may pass on it, even though I was looking forward to fishing it. All my good spots I fish are at least 5 miles from the launch, and most are like 15 and the thought of 3 hours idling to fish don't sound like any fun.
Inventor of the Fish-N-Fool Knot , Winner of Knot Wars

Watch my Fish-N-Fool Show on YouTube
oAoqZvrqY7o

Mark K
Lieutenant

Post by Mark K » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:52 am

Yankin Jaw Guide Service wrote:There has been a rule implamented on the Pend Oreille River of 5mph and no wake since the water level has exceded the high water mark they set. Dont get caught its a $66 fine. Let everyone you know of this change. Its a bummer fishing just started to get good too...Hard to go anywhere at no wake speeds lol...To see the whole article go to www.krem.com Thanks Mark for the heads up....
From the looks of it the river dropped like a bad habit today. No Wake should be gone very soon if not already. Here is the map LINK

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:54 am

They said on the news today, at noon I think, that some areas have recinded the no wake zone.
Last edited by Amx on Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom.

Interests: living

YJ Guide Service
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by YJ Guide Service » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:53 am

I called the public emergency number for the no wake in pend oreille county and its still on for the P.O. river. Heres the number to check if its still on or not. 509-447-1988
YJ Guide Service 509-999-0717

Official WashingtonLakes.com Guide Sponsor
YJ Guide Service Guide/Owner
Jerry's Lure Design Field Staff

We fish for Sturgeon, Chinook Salmon, Walleye, Burbot, Tiger Muskie, Rainbow Trout, Channel Cats and Largemouth Bass