NOTICE to all Pike Fishermen

NO, it's not a muskie, but it's close...
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
AJ's Dad
Commodore

Re: NOTICE to all Pike Fishermen

Post by AJ's Dad » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:59 pm

Max,
Thanks for the vote of confidence. It's not tax dollars they are wasting it's BPA dollars. The Kalispel tribe went to the BPA meeting with their hand out and the BPA obliged them with 10 million dollars over the next 10 years.

I searched the chart of the little smilies on the right hand side of my screen here to see if I could find one for throwing in the towel, but I don't see one. -------- My god, I just did a google search for something to attach and it was all disgusting!
Anyway, I am all done preaching my opinion on the subject. I'm starting to sound like a whiner. I have given in to the fact that the Kalispels and the WDFW are going to do what ever they want, regardless of what the fishing public thinks. That's right Todd, whatever they want and they don"t care what the fishermen think. They proved that when they said, "Confine your comments to what other measures you think would help us in our efforts to reduce the pike population by 87%" They had no interest in hearing public opinion or debating any of their intended actions. I was very tempted to just get up and leave when they said that but I wanted to hear what they had to say. They started the meeting by saying "We have heard what the public has to say and I think you will agree that we are listening". That's what got me to stay. I waanted to hear what they had planned, related to what the public had to say. Unfortunately I found out exactly what that was. It boiled down to this. "Thanks for comming and voicing your opinion. We are the ones that know what's best. This is what we are going to do, and that's that" All they left out was the Neener Neener Neener.

My theory is as I stated beafore. I will fish the POR until the pike become scarce and difficult to catch. Then I will stop buying a Washingotn fishing license and do all my fishing in Idaho where I do half of it now anyway.

:-$ That icon is for me, by the way.

"Catch and release baby"
"Weather they like it or not"

Mark K
Lieutenant

Post by Mark K » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:54 pm

Bang on Mark. That pretty much perfectly sums it up.

Natebg1
Lieutenant

Post by Natebg1 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:31 pm

Max and Mark,

I don't think either one of you honestly could have said it any better. Hats Off to Both of You for having the you know what to step up and speak your voice and not be intimidated by the way the WDFW treats Washington Anglers. I am sure glad that I don't vote in this State or have an affiliation to the politics of this State. It is absolutely disgusting and outrageous how the general angling public in this State is misled by politics and is forced into abiding by certain standards that are always up in the air or questioned because of gray areas or misinterpretion because of how laws are written in regards to fishing. It is amazing to be out on a river and a local ask you what the rules are on how many fish or type of fish you are allowed to keep or not keep, or if the WDFW has made a new rule late in the season that prohibits certain areas from being fished or not fished. My god how many rules do people need to manage a fishery, last I checked most anglers are all about having the opportunity to catch more and bigger fish. So I am pretty sure the majority of anglers can police themselves without the assistance or should I say without the MICROMANAGEMENT of the WDFW!!! [thumbdn]

I am curious to see with all the major budget cuts and things coming down the pipe, how people policing themselves will ring true, because as we all are aware, the WDFW will not have as many available resources to hide out in the woods or go under cover on rivers and lakes so this will certainly be a true litmous test as to how Washington Anglers can still protect the fishing waters they enjoy. This isn't rocket science and I am pretty sure that fishing has been around a whole lot longer than the WDFW so it's not like they are gods to where they can just come in and fix everything, unless I missed something somewhere. Anyhow, WELL SAID Max and Mark!!! You have me clapping =D>

Nate