2015 PIKE TALLEY

NO, it's not a muskie, but it's close...
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
AJ's Dad
Commodore

Re: 2015 PIKE TALLEY

Post by AJ's Dad » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:03 am

Good luck at Last Mountain. There is some greast fishing up there. It's all yours this year. I won't be going until 2017. I'll be taking the wife somewhere this year for a vacation.
As far as Cda Lake not putting out that many quality fish??? You're right. Most of the fish are really small. [wink] Spread that word for me will ya? The fewer folks fishing those "Smaller" fish the better. [wink]

Here's a shot of one of those little fellas (that didn't get away) from this year. (45 1/2")

Happy fishing!
Attachments
IMG_0924.JPG

Fish-N-Fool
Commander

Re: 2015 PIKE TALLEY

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:30 pm

LOL Hey Mark I didn't say there wasn't any big ones, but I think the average fish would only run about 6 lb. judging from the pixs i have seen. Hayden is the same, a lot more smaller fish with a few bigger ones. My little lake puts out about a 10lb. average but not big numbers. I have never caught a pike that was less then 5 lbs. out of it. But I'm still gonna make at least 1 trip down to CDA this year and catch a fish out of it just to say I have. lol I saw a great looking spot on my Mobile Anglers Mapping site I use on the north end of the lake I plan to try. I saw a great weed line and a rock pile that looked good so I can get one of them 48"ers ;) Do you fish Noxon Res. at all. I plan to make my first ever trip there early this spring as well. I know it put out some big fish as well. Maybe you might come up and fish it with me.