Pike club in Washington State?

NO, it's not a muskie, but it's close...
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
YJ Guide Service
Sponsor
Sponsor

Pike club in Washington State?

Post by YJ Guide Service » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:48 pm

Would the Pike community support a Pike club in Washington State. Seems that the Pike are one of the most popular fisheries going right now. Do we have enough support to make this happen. North Idaho has one, what about our state. Please leave your comment. Thanks
Last edited by YJ Guide Service on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YJ Guide Service 509-999-0717

Official WashingtonLakes.com Guide Sponsor
YJ Guide Service Guide/Owner
Jerry's Lure Design Field Staff

We fish for Sturgeon, Chinook Salmon, Walleye, Burbot, Tiger Muskie, Rainbow Trout, Channel Cats and Largemouth Bass

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Pike club in Washington State?

Post by kevinb » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:17 pm

I certainly think they would. Obviously it has a growing base of anglers.
I'm currently a member of NIPA,among many other clubs but I'm interested.

Lucius
Commander

Post by Lucius » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:32 pm

I am in like flint!!!!

Mark K
Lieutenant

Post by Mark K » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:38 pm

Absolutley! Count me in!

sparky1doug
Lieutenant

Post by sparky1doug » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:04 am

"Dougie No Fish" says you can count on me. I never met a Pike I didn't like.
"Forever Fishing Washington State" my fish friendly blog on Google.
http://foreverfishing-sparky1doug.blogspot.com/

River-haven
Angler

Post by River-haven » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:58 am

Where do I sign up???????????

Natebg1
Lieutenant

Post by Natebg1 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:26 am

Is there really any question if I am in? YOU KNOW I AM ALWAYS IN when it has the ESOX Name in it!!! Just mark me down and I will be there in a HURRY!!! How awesome, I can be a part of 2 different organizations all for ESOX, now life doesn't get any better than that!!!

Nate
"The Pike Baron"

cudaman
Warrant Officer

Post by cudaman » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:01 am

It would be great to have a pike club .Then it would show how dedicated pike fishermen are as if thats a question .But remember as of now pike are an invasive,so we have an up hill battle and we,d have to work with WDFW on a managment plan otherwise .Were just spinning our wheels
Nw tiger pac chapter 57

YJ Guide Service
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by YJ Guide Service » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:58 pm

Actually Cuda they are listed as a Game fish and under evasive species both which hopefully WDFW can get that confussion in the rules figured out at some point, which i think they will . We need them to be classified as a game fish only. I think the support for the Pike is pretty obvious....

We fish for Sturgeon, Chinook Salmon, Walleye, Burbot, Tiger Muskie, Rainbow Trout, Channel Cats and Largemouth Bass

River-haven
Angler

Post by River-haven » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:17 pm

If they're going to list the pike as an invasive species then they'll have to list the largemouth and smallmouth, the walleye, brown trout, rainbow trout (except for the redband) and many other fish species. They are listed in their website under "Invasive" species as "prohibited". I don't know what the definition of prohibited is, but, I beleive fishermen would be prohibited from possessing (i.e. can't keep them, take them home, etc.) and they would have the incentive to continue their heavy handed approach to reducing the numbers.

Lucius
Commander

Post by Lucius » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:18 am

slowly but surely this is getting off the ground. I filed the trade name paperwork today with the state of Colorado. More to follow as I hear back from the state.

Mark K
Lieutenant

Post by Mark K » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:33 am

Thanks for working on this Lucius. Really looking forward to it!

YJ Guide Service
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by YJ Guide Service » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:56 pm

Lucius let me know when you can turn me loose on starting the chapter here...The Pike Hunter and Pike Queen LOL....

sparky1doug
Lieutenant

Post by sparky1doug » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:23 pm

We're almost there! Slough Shark.
"Forever Fishing Washington State" my fish friendly blog on Google.
http://foreverfishing-sparky1doug.blogspot.com/

Natebg1
Lieutenant

Post by Natebg1 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:16 pm

That's excellent Lucius, now we just need the Founder Hats and of course the inspirational T-Shirts :) And then we are all set...

Nate

AJ's Dad
Commodore

Post by AJ's Dad » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:36 pm

If a Pike club were to get started here in Washington, you can count me in. On the other hand if the WDFW and our friends to the north have anything to say about it, there won't be any Pike in Washington to fish for. I don't want to sound like a doubting Thomas here but if they're going to rid the State of it's best or should I say "Only" real pike fishery, What's the use of having a club?
"The Pike Supremacist"

Mark K
Lieutenant

Post by Mark K » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:30 am

To start we could get a bit more organized and at least try and fight the Kalispels on some of these issues. Also, we all (including the Kalispels) know these fish aren't going anywhere. They are here to stay and that's all there is to it. And finally, I'm sure Idaho would love to take all the money Pike anglers are spending in Pend Oreille County.

I think we do need to get this thing started sooner rather than later. It looks like the Kalispels are hell bent on destroying that fishery.

Natebg1
Lieutenant

Post by Natebg1 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:33 am

Hello Pike Anglers,

To really get this thing off the ground and make an impact the best thing to do in my opinion is get the younger generation into the Pike Fishing First and Foremost. I know for a fact back in the Midwest they have began to create Fishing Teams and actually are having competitions with different High Schools from across certain regions. High School parents from all over basically become the drivers of the boats at these competitions as well as the one measuring and confirming sizes. Normally each boat will have 2 team members fishing together on each boat with about a total of 20 High School students from each school fishing against each other for a total of 40 anglers between the two High Schools. The total measurements are combined from both schools and the winning school gets the points for that tournament. Usually there will be between 5 to 10 Tournaments per season and the top 6 to 8 winning High school teams within the region will be invited to a 2 Day State Playoff and Championship Tournament for all the marbles. Now that is how to make a club such as Pike Inc get rolling for sure. When the parents, schools and the kids are all onboard, there is no stopping something like this from happening. How could anybody look at this as a negative even if the Pike is considered an invasive species here in Washington. I can tell you that I would be thrilled for my son to be a part of something like this even if there were organizations that were not onboard with it. Sometimes stepping outside of the normal path can get a person or group of people a lot farther in life than lying down and letting other people just get what they want. Look at the big picture, getting kids, schools and organizations involved with something like this guarantees more family quality time outdoors. It also keeps kids focused and helps communities grow and become more well known. I agree with Mark K and the rest of the Pike supporters, we certainly need to look at getting this started sooner rather than later. I personally look forward to seeing this become reality, and I am sure there are many more out there as well!!! Tight Lines everybody.

Nate "The Pike Baron"

YJ Guide Service
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by YJ Guide Service » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:09 am

Need to get a meeting together after Labor Day and see where were all at with the support part of this. I will post more info soon with the date, time and place...We need to get everyone together so we can come up with some ideas to pursue....Power to the Pike..

muskyhunter
Captain

Post by muskyhunter » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:45 pm

Hi all you Northern Pike fisherfolks,
I would like to know why you folks always add the weights to lengths of the fish caught? I noticed it in alot of your reports and posts. I saw a gent with a 30" 7lb Northern. Used to fish Northerns alot and never did this before. Well only if we caught really big fish say over 40 inches. Are you folks looking for heavy weights or long in length? Just wondering, curious is all. Thanks. Todd
Todd Reis
Prostaff Auburn Sports & Marine
Musky Team
www.auburnsportsmarineinc.com
Fish Country Sporting Goods