POR open seat 4/15&16?

NO, it's not a muskie, but it's close...
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
PDXFisher
Petty Officer

POR open seat 4/15&16?

Post by PDXFisher » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:10 pm

I'll be staying in Kettle Falls while my girlfriend is taking a horsehair bridle-making class and will need something to do during those two days, 4/15-16, Friday and Saturday. I'd love to try for some pike, either with conventional gear or flies (I have plenty of both, for two even). That's only my first choice, I'd also be up for just about anything else in the region, like Walleyes and Kokes or Trout on FDR. If anyone has time and space, let me know!

Fish-N-Fool
Commander

RE:POR open seat 4/15&16?

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:22 pm

Hey PDX,
I'd be happy to take you out Pike Fishing on the P.O. if you want to come down to Newport to fish. You help cover gas and we can hit it all day on Friday. If that works for you, email me at Rick@fnflures.com
Inventor of the Fish-N-Fool Knot , Winner of Knot Wars

Watch my Fish-N-Fool Show on YouTube
oAoqZvrqY7o

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:23 pm

Take him up. Things should be hot right then.
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.

Fish-N-Fool
Commander

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:27 am

Well Derek and I we hit it all day pretty much in some terrible weather today and managed a few nice fish. I think we ended up with 8 or 9 on the day Derek Fisher from Chapter 57 AKA "PDXFisher" had a good day on his fly rod and boated a lot of smaller pike. I got one nice one on my basstrix swimbait which I got all of my fish on and Derek got all his on a fly.
Although the weather sucked most of the afternoon it was a good day. I did get bit off today using my 60 Lb. Fluorocarbon leader which I thought before today couldn't happen but it did. Lost my swimbait to what I think was a monster. But I still like the fluoro over a steel leader.

Here are a couple of the ones we got today.
Attachments
My_10lb._.jpg
My_10lb._.jpg (162.36 KiB) Viewed 2019 times
PDX_fisher.jpg
PDX_fisher.jpg (180.8 KiB) Viewed 2018 times
Last edited by Fish-N-Fool on Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inventor of the Fish-N-Fool Knot , Winner of Knot Wars

Watch my Fish-N-Fool Show on YouTube
oAoqZvrqY7o