Eastside Marshall Lake Fishing Rendezvous 2009

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Lotech Joe
Commodore

Eastside Marshall Lake Fishing Rendezvous 2009

Post by Lotech Joe » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:14 am

HERE ARE DIRECTIONS TO MARSHALL LAKE FROM DOWNTOWN NEWPORT

1. Head east on US-2/WA-2 toward S Cass Ave
Continue to follow US-2 0.4 mi
2. Turn left at S Union Ave/US-2 0.4 mi
3. Turn right at US-2/W Walnut St Continue to
follow US-2 Entering Idaho 0.5 mi
4. Turn left at Le Clerc Rd Entering Washington 2.9 mi
5. Turn right at Bead Lake Rd/Bead Lake Dr 2.4 mi
6. Slight right at Marshall Lake Rd 1.2 mi

HERE IS THE I'M GOING LIST

CONFIRMED
Lotech Joe
VHMLLC
kevinb
Z
Line Mender
Idaho-fishhead
reddog
Hewesfisher
Basscaster

MAYBE
Trout Cowboy
Jsmooth
Aaron
Bassmaster3000
raffensg64

DAY VISIT
marc martyn
kutthroatkilla

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be putting together a fishing rendezvous for late next Spring. I'm planning on Marshall Lake in Pend O'reille county the third weekend of June '09. It's located just 7 miles from Newport Washington so there will be plenty of amenities available close by. I think a 3 day camping outing will be the venue. There is a small bait shop at the lake and the resort has boat rentals. There are other lakes in the area to fish as well as the Pend O'reille River. The river sports Large Mouth & Small Mouth bass and Northern Pike. Marshall Lake itself has Cutthroat Trout. You can see a video of the lake that Marc put together in our video section under the Members link. http://www.washingtonlakes.com/WatchVideo.aspx?id=51
Also, here is a link to some reports on the lake;
http://www.washingtonlakes.com/ReportLi ... id=388&t=1
We could make this an annual event if there is enough interest. I'd like to call it the "Annual Kaniksu Rendezvous." This is an absolutely beautiful lake and I think it would be almost impossible not to get your fill of enjoyment and relaxation. This would be a no charge event, but each member would be responsible for their own camp space fee and/or boat rental. The public access is right next to the resort and wide enough to launch several boats at once.
Do we have any interest here? If so, let me know and I'll put up a phone number,in plenty of time, so you can make a reservation. Maybe Mike or Aaron could pin this post and we could gather some "Count Me In" names.

Good idea, Yes/NO? :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where you go is less important than how you get there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

RE:Eastside Marshall Lake Fishing Rendezvous 2009

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:25 am

Sounds likea lot of fun. Doesn't Marshall have lakers in it? After my kids are grown and out of the house maybe I'll be able to join in this (hopefully) established tradition.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:07 am

I don't know about the Lake Trout Mike. Cutthroat are all I'm aware of. I'm also thinking about having a couple of casting contests, a raffle and even possibly a potluck on Saturday night, if enough people show interest. A swap table is also a possibility if folks have items they want to trade or sell.
Is it possible to pin this thread so it doesn't get lost downstream?
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:23 am

Let's pin it in the spring under the Announcements section.

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:30 am

Mike Carey wrote:Let's pin it in the spring under the Announcements section.
That works for me. Thanks.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

TroutCowboy
Lieutenant

Post by TroutCowboy » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:45 pm

Hi Joe,

I just came across this post, please keep me posted. Having two kids and now one old enough to be in sports, I can't commit to anything but if nothing else maybe I could drive up for the day or something if I couldn't camp.

Great idea, thanks for sketching everything out!

Johnny
JOHNNY K.
Liberty Lake, WA

Jsmooth
Petty Officer

Post by Jsmooth » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:51 pm

I also would be able to make a day trip up there. Work, kids, Wife, busy scedule all the way around, but there is always time for fishing:cheers:

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:47 am

No lakers in there, just cutthroats.

reddog
Petty Officer

Post by reddog » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:16 am

This sounds great !!! Any bass around there?? Have become addicted to em. Trout are nice, but bass are fun. JMHO. I will keep posted to this page for updates. Would like to meet some east siders. The west side sounds like they get together regularly, and have a blast doing it.

VHMLLC
Commander

Post by VHMLLC » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:02 pm

sounds like a blast.:cheers: we have been trying to get out there. will talk to the wife about it. dont wait to long on the phone number, things tend to fill 6 - 9 mounths in advance.

:viking:
Stan.
Enjoy Your Days & Love Your Life' Because Life is a journey to be savored !!!! GO FISHING

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of poop
There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.

VHMLLC
Commander

Post by VHMLLC » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:05 pm

joe are you stuck on the date for the (Annual Kaniksu Rendezvous), alot of the kids are still in school. my wife wants to go but wont pull gabbi out of school.what about the 3rd or 4th weekend of june. we will be doing a 4 dayer. a long drive for us, and i have a camping rule over 4hrs on the road we camp for three days. im not driving a whole day to camp for two days. let me know if theres any thing we can do to help with planing.

Stan.
Enjoy Your Days & Love Your Life' Because Life is a journey to be savored !!!! GO FISHING

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of poop
There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:08 pm

It's been determined. The date is the 3rd weekend in June, 2009. Here is the contact information.

Marshall Lake Resort
1301 Marshall Lake Rd.
Newport, Wa. 99156
Phone; 1 (509) 447-4158

All who decide to attend are responsible for making their own reservations. The camp spots are rustic but some have electric hookups. I'll see what I can arrange as far as prizes are concerned. I thinking about maybe spin casting accuracy, bait casting accuracy and fly casting accuracy contests. Also maybe a "Travelers Prize" for the longest distance traveled. Or, maybe just a single prize done with a drawing for all who attend. If you have prizes to donate, let me know by email or PM. I would also like to do a "Trade Blanket." That's a place where folks can offer items for sale or trade.
This promises to be a very easy going and relaxing weekend. The surroundings are perfect for just such an event. I hope to see you there. THIRD WEEKEND IN JUNE. OK?

Something to think about until the snow goes away. Make plans now and let me know.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

VHMLLC
Commander

Post by VHMLLC » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:04 pm

reservations made for june 20th weekend.count the three of us in

Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stan.

Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:18 pm

[quote="Lotech Joe"]It's been determined. The date is the 3rd weekend in June, 2009. Here is the contact information.

Marshall Lake Resort
1301 Marshall Lake Rd.
Newport, Wa. 99156
Phone]

Thank you Joe, I'm browsing my schedule and I think I'll be good to go but won't know 100% until
the first week of January. I'm also scheduling a couple trips to Green Bay and Ontario for muskies and pike(poor me)lol

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:20 pm

:cheers:
No reservations made, but I will be there, commuting each day. Looking forward to it.:thumright

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:23 pm

kevinb wrote:Thank you Joe, I'm browsing my schedule and I think I'll be good to go but won't know 100% until
the first week of January. I'm also scheduling a couple trips to Green Bay and Ontario for muskies and pike(poor me)lol
You know, there are some good sized Pike in the Pend Oreille River just 10 miles away from Marshall:-"

deepbuzzer
Petty Officer

Post by deepbuzzer » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:54 am

A little late but count me in, sounds like a blast

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:25 pm

Marc Martyn wrote:
kevinb wrote:Thank you Joe, I'm browsing my schedule and I think I'll be good to go but won't know 100% until
You know, there are some good sized Pike in the Pend Oreille River just 10 miles away from Marshall:-"
Yes Sir,...Looking forward to the Pend too. I will either arrive early or stay longer and hunt for pike on that trip.
I'm really excited to check out Marshall..I watch that video a few times,love the beauty and the music.
I'll be bringing the fly rod as well,just try not to laugh to hard when you see my casting abilities.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:53 pm

Well, for sure my son has a baseball tournament in Pasco. So not this year, bu I'm counting on the Eastside WL.com gang to establish a tradition so when the kids are grow and out of the house I have an excuse to come visit! :cheers:

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:48 am

Here is a post I made on another thread. I don't know why I have two threads, I must have been asleep at the wheel. Anyway, this post has a phone # to make reservations.

I think I heard Marc say that cabins were available but never saw any the 2 times I was there. As far as the campsites go, they are rustic. I don't think there is running water in every campsite, but I'm pretty sure you would be able to get some for your water jug at the resort. Most sites, I think, have picnic tables, fire pits and electricity. I'll let Marc fill in the blanks where I'm lacking. You can always call the resort and ask them. Here is the number; (509)447-4158
Here's a couple of pics;
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”