COHO CLOSURE PROTEST ****WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT***

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

COHO CLOSURE PROTEST ****WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT***

Post by RiverChromeGS » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:16 pm

Right here is a great opportunity to make a stand and be part of something for our fishing in Washington. The pre-season estimates for low coho returns were extremely incorrect for 2016. Simple as that.

To put pressure on WDFW to reopen our systems for fall coho fishing in a timely manner...We are doing a "fish anyway" this Saturday, Sept 24th at 561 s lewis street, monroe wa 98272......We are not using hooks, but casting weights or cut off hook lures, staying legal is important to voice our message legitimately. We are working on the rest as far as getting news involved, WDFW hearing our message ect... Leave that to us.

The most important thing is this needs to be BIG. It is already getting quite a bit of attention... We estimate 80-100 people showing up so far. Which is awesome. But I know more than that want to fish coho this fall on a very healthy return of both wild and hatchery fish in all our rivers, including Skagit, Stilly, Sky and Snoho. We need attention. We need everyone. Show up and support, I canceled a guided day to be here. I suggest you make an effort if you can, if you want to fish on this amazing coho return this fall! Thank you everyone and hope to see you there

***IMPORTANT***
This is in NO way a tribal thing. This has nothing to do with the tribe at all. This is between us and WDFW. Do not mention the Tribes at all or this will not work.
Attachments
image.png
http://www.riverchromeguideservice.com

River Chrome Guide Service specializes in salmon and steelhead fishing in Puget Sound and The Olympic Peninsula

Official WashingtonLakes.com Sponsor

strider43
Captain

Re: COHO CLOSURE PROTEST ****WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT***

Post by strider43 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:16 am

Hi Danny,
I just heard about this from a co worker. Are you sure its legal?

RiverChromeGS
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: COHO CLOSURE PROTEST ****WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT***

Post by RiverChromeGS » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:14 pm

strider43 wrote:Hi Danny,
I just heard about this from a co worker. Are you sure its legal?
Yes. As long as no hooks are used. This is the same method they use at "occupy skagit" every spring to fight for steelhead fisheries... It has happened before and been legal
http://www.riverchromeguideservice.com

River Chrome Guide Service specializes in salmon and steelhead fishing in Puget Sound and The Olympic Peninsula

Official WashingtonLakes.com Sponsor

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”