The Fishing Report Form - it's proper use

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

The Fishing Report Form - it's proper use

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:14 am

We get a pretty regular amount of reports that have nothing to do with an actual fishing report, they are more like reader's comments about something. These need to go on to the Forums, bacause otherwise they get deleted. Often the person isn't registered and doesn't include an e-mail address. So, if you are wondering why your comment didn't get posted, that's why. It's in the wrong place. The Fishing Report form is ONLY for actual fishing reports. Here's an example:

I like many other fisherman are tired of these so called flossing fisherman that are rude and inconsiderate. You can tell them by there fishing ethics, fish do not bite on every cast but watch these guys they will jerk 4 or more times on a single cast. These guys are not fisherman they are snaggers a lot of them could not catch a fish without snagging, many of these guys do not have a license. Many will brag about the punch cards they fill. They post the reports on this site like they have good skills. They do not have good skills or good sense. If you see this on the Green River please contact your local authorities. So please do not post your stupidity on Washingtonlakes.com. This site is meant for the real fisherman who care about our rivers and lakes and are called sportsman. Help preserve our fishing for generations to come. BC

BC took the time to post his views but in the wrong place and because he isn't a registered member we can't redirect him to post in the right place.

So Rule #1 - become a member! It's free, takes just a moment, and allows you to use the forum and post comments to fishing reports, plus see a whole bunch of extra information you currently can't see.

One other thing. We get joke reports on a regular basis. Aaron and I are amazed by the stupidity of people that take the time to post up these long-winded, idiot fishing reports that we will obviously never allow to be posted on the site. While we enjoy your creative writing skills (well, that might be a stretch), you're just wasting your time writing these bogus reports. Reports are screened before they get posted, this isn't a realtime report site. It's your time to waste I guess... #-o

G-Man
Admiral

Re: The Fishing Report Form - it's proper use

Post by G-Man » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:01 pm

Mike Carey wrote:One other thing. We get joke reports on a regular basis. Aaron and I are amazed by the stupidity of people that take the time to post up these long-winded, idiot fishing reports that we will obviously never allow to be posted on the site. While we enjoy your creative writing skills (well, that might be a stretch), you're just wasting your time writing these bogus reports. Reports are screened before they get posted, this isn't a realtime report site. It's your time to waste I guess... #-o
How about a section for these"rejected" joke reports to be viewed by members? You could call it the "Daily Chuckle."

returnofthefish
Captain

Post by returnofthefish » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:23 pm

I really enjoyed the one about the 6 pound pumpkinseed caught on corkies and yarn in the Green River a few years ago.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:28 pm

Lets see, world record pumpkinseed maybe 3 pounds?, a 6 pounder would make a heck of a meal. :-k [thumbsup]

got it;

World record is 1 lb. 6 oz

http://www.seagrant.wisc.edu/greatlakes ... nseed.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Aos ... nnsylvania" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[biggrin]
Tom.

Interests: living

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:30 pm

returnofthefish wrote:I really enjoyed the one about the 6 pound pumpkinseed caught on corkies and yarn in the Green River a few years ago.
That's what I'm talkin' about!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:42 pm

G-Man wrote:
Mike Carey wrote:One other thing. We get joke reports on a regular basis. Aaron and I are amazed by the stupidity of people that take the time to post up these long-winded, idiot fishing reports that we will obviously never allow to be posted on the site. While we enjoy your creative writing skills (well, that might be a stretch), you're just wasting your time writing these bogus reports. Reports are screened before they get posted, this isn't a realtime report site. It's your time to waste I guess... #-o
How about a section for these"rejected" joke reports to be viewed by members? You could call it the "Daily Chuckle."
I actually considered this idea but I don't want to encourage it.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:43 pm

Maybe so just the mods can read them? lol
Tom.

Interests: living

greenboater
Angler

Post by greenboater » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:36 pm

Why does no topographic map on either the regular or high res version appear in the lake register
for lake Washington also the odd way that the fish known as Sockeye if over 15" or the same fish under 15" is known as a
Kokanee and in most other lakes in the state this does not come into play the time of year for those fish known as Steelhead
and Rainbow over 20" seems to be straight forward for this lake but no info about Sockeye only that under 15" is one type and over is another type even though they are the same exact fish is there a certain reason for this size limitation so does this mean that catching this type of fish if over 15" is unlawful ? if you do then what ? release them and count them in your daily limit or just how does that all work ? any one that has the answers now might be a good time to step forward so us who are not sure can get a better understanding know what to do if this happens
concerned fisherman

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:29 pm

Someone give that man some periods!

1) we don't have a lake Washington topo map. I know there is one out there but we don't have the right to publish it.

2) sizes and seasons check wdfw regs. Hate to answer this way, but "it depends". Really depends on where your fishing, and whether using bait, if that comes into play.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

G-Man
Admiral

Post by G-Man » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:40 pm

greenboater - PM sent.

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”