Offut Lake Resort Winter Special!!!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
offutlake
Sponsor
Sponsor

Offut Lake Resort Winter Special!!!

Post by offutlake » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:13 am

The campground is having it's 3 nights for the price of 2 nights special!
Both RV sites and cabins.
The lake has been stocked with cutthroats and the winter fishery has been terrific!
Call for reservations now! The special runs through the end of February.
Check out our web site www.offutlakeresort.com :fish:

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Offut Lake Resort Winter Special!!!

Post by kevinb » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:57 pm

I was browsing the Offut Resort site and recall seeing it on WaLakes as well but there is a photo of a gent
with a very nice smallmouth bass but I don't really hear anything about the smallie fishery there.
Is it just a very small population of them or fairly common to catch a few?
No biggie,just my own curiosity. See you folks soon

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:46 pm

kevinb wrote:I was browsing the Offut Resort site and recall seeing it on WaLakes as well but there is a photo of a gent
with a very nice smallmouth bass but I don't really hear anything about the smallie fishery there.
Is it just a very small population of them or fairly common to catch a few?
No biggie,just my own curiosity. See you folks soon
My understanding is it's a pretty good fishery.

Thanks Becky for the heads-up. People, Offut Lake is a very nice resort, close by (which really helps on gas costs). This is a nice chance to take a winter vacation close by!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:37 pm

Sounds like a great deal. I'd be interested in knowing about the smallies at Offut as well. I haven't heard much or seen any decent catches. Do you guys have pics or know of how well of a smallie fishery you got? I know the largies exist in good size. Thanks to the very missed Taz.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:55 pm

Ya I hammered that lake for bass and got many large mouth up to 8lbs but never did hook into a smallie. I bet there were a few thrown in by a homeowner to see if they could get a population going! I know that smallie wasn't the only one that has been caught in there though I have heard of two or three others.
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:26 pm

While were giving props to the offut lake resort...I will chime in with my own Two cents. If you have any young kids, this is a great place to make a cheap family getaway. They have everything that you need. I got the simplest little cabin with my daughter a few years ago, for like 40 bucks. Of course there was boat rentals for cheap! Little store with what you need. BBQ grill, etc. If you don't want the boat rental... No problem, huge dock puts out very nice fish anyways. The family that runs it are top notch too!
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:08 am

fishnislife wrote:Sounds like a great deal. I'd be interested in knowing about the smallies at Offut as well. I haven't heard much or seen any decent catches. Do you guys have pics or know of how well of a smallie fishery you got? I know the largies exist in good size. Thanks to the very missed Taz.

fishnislife
Maybe we'll have to get our kids together this season and check it out.

ZogTheFuzzy
Petty Officer

Post by ZogTheFuzzy » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:21 pm

There is great fishing to be had at Offut Lake! We've fished there several times, catching a bunch of trout and one little largemouth bass. One trout was a real big fellow and he broke my little girl's fishing pole!

Our best fishing there was when we were trolling a half worm with a 3' - 4' leader.

Hey, here's a report I left for this lake back in '05:

http://washingtonlakes.com/ReportCommen ... id=126&t=1
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad." A.K. Best

"I am not against golf, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering trout..." Paul O'Neil

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home." Roderick Haig-Brown, Fisherman's Spring, 1951

Columbia River Archery

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:02 pm

kevinb wrote:
fishnislife wrote:Sounds like a great deal. I'd be interested in knowing about the smallies at Offut as well. I haven't heard much or seen any decent catches. Do you guys have pics or know of how well of a smallie fishery you got? I know the largies exist in good size. Thanks to the very missed Taz.

fishnislife

Just let me know when and we'd be down. Might do a family trip and stay a couple of days when the weather is perfect.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:45 pm

fishnislife wrote:
kevinb wrote:

fishnislife

Just let me know when and we'd be down. Might do a family trip and stay a couple of days when the weather is perfect.

fishnislife
Sounds good to me....but will we be able fish?
We'll certainly get the family out there and the little tikes over fish,including ourselves!

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:32 am

The Quadfather wrote:While were giving props to the offut lake resort...I will chime in with my own Two cents. If you have any young kids, this is a great place to make a cheap family getaway. They have everything that you need. I got the simplest little cabin with my daughter a few years ago, for like 40 bucks. Of course there was boat rentals for cheap! Little store with what you need. BBQ grill, etc. If you don't want the boat rental... No problem, huge dock puts out very nice fish anyways. The family that runs it are top notch too!
Good call Quad!
With gas prices steadily on the rise,the family and I are having to change plans just a bit and will have to take a few more fishing/camping trips closer to home. We'll
still be doing our typical going cross state adventure but not nearly as many as we'd prefer.

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”