WL.com Extravaganza - Pics Are Here!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
fishnislife
Admiral

RE:WL.com Extravaganza - Pics Are Here!

Post by fishnislife » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:56 pm

Mike Carey wrote: fishnislife - if you could be there at opening to help me get a location, steal some picnic tables, set up some tables, etc, that would be great.
No problem. I will be there a little bit before it opens.

Mike Carey wrote:Also, if there are a few members that could bring: 1) extra card tables for food and raffle items, 2) the large portable sunscreens - if people have these we could set up 2-3 (I have one to bring). 3) LARGE coolers and bags of ice so we can get the liquids on ice, 4) portable propane BBQ - propane is better because we can move it around, cooks better, etc. I will bring mine but having two just works a lot better.
Still in need of a couple of things guys. Please look above. If you can't or don't want to get these items, please PM me and I still need a couple of small things (under $10) that need to be bought.

Thanks everyone. Get your name on the ROLL CALL! We'll see you there.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:15 am

OK, I went to the park this morning and checked it out. Here's the plan:

We will set up close to the water and beach, to the LEFT of the swimming area and beach house. Depending on our luck that morning, I'm going to secure an area and set up a sun shade and attach the WL.com banner to that. When you arriv at the park drive all the way back to the beach parking area. You'll see us set up I'm sure. There are plenty of picnic tables so fishinislife and I (and anyone ese that shows up at 6:30am) will grab several and get the area set up. A couple of the spots actually have charcoal grill stands, but I'm still hoping someone has a second propane setup.

Boaters: There is an area you can ground your boats to the left (facing the water) of the roped swimming area. It will be close to the picnic and should be pretty darn secure with all us WL.com'ers around. I would not beach your boat at the spit area as it is farther and not in clear view. The distance from the boat launch to the grounding area is about a mile. There are lots of nice bass/panfish cover spots in this area as well. If you have a tube it will be no big deal to walk from the parking lot to the water and picnic area. I don't know state park policy on launching hand-carried boats at the park vrs. the ramp. I couldn't find a phone number online to check this information.

There is a kids playground area to the left of where we will set up for the young ones. There is also volleyball nets and horseshoes farther away to the right.

Weekends get busy at this state park so be ready and I'd say come early if you can. See you there!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:52 am

I like being early to events of any kind.I too will be there early.I'M most likely gonna go look to see where to shore fish near the picnic area.I mean to catch perch one only needs water and some bait for that.I'll bring a large first aid kit for all to use if needed.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

Kenster
Lieutenant

Post by Kenster » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:08 pm

fishnislife wrote:Just 2 more weeks ladies and gents!

fishnislife
Hey Lifer, you bringing the family? I hope so, this may be the deciding factor for Kenster +3!!

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:50 am

Kenster wrote:

fishnislife
Hey Lifer, you bringing the family? I hope so, this may be the deciding factor for Kenster +3!!
Oh man, come on. My 10 year high school reunion is that night and my wife is on the committee so she has to help set-up. Otherwise they would be there.
You still gotta go. It will be a morning of fishing and an afternoon in the park with good food. Now, you know you can't beat that. Your coming b!tch, I'm putting you down.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bel83
Petty Officer

Post by bel83 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:08 am

I will try and get there early to help in anyway needed as well. If you need it Fishin I may be able to get a 10 foot square stand alone shade tent to set up and possible a picnic table but it depends on what can be fit into the car. Anyway I am looking forward to coming and relaxing, maybe getting a door prize and possibly having someone show me some good tricks to catching a fish! and after this BBQ I get to go to another one that evening, what a day!
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, Teach a man to Fish and he will Drink for a lifetime."

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:49 am

If the wiring harness arrives and I get it installed on the motor, I'll have my boat there early. If not... not sure what time we'll arive then.

Fishin and BBQ on Saturday
Airshow in Tacoma (Ft McChord) on Sunday http://mcchordairexpo.com/index.html

This is going to be a fun weekend!!!:cheers:

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:02 pm

ROLL CALL

1) Mike Carey - bbq
2) fishnislife - paper plates, napkins and utensiles, large sunscreen tent
3) BigbassDez - hotdogs and buns
4) bassmasterderek - pasta salad
5) EastsideRedneck +2 - cookies or brownies
6) quadradomus +1 - smoked meat
7) fishingmachine - soda
8) Lori +2- wally beans(baked beans)
9) Bel83 +1 (and our dog probably) - cookies/fresh fruit or melon
10) racfish - pickled herring and tablecloths
11) Gringo Pescador +1 - Burgers & buns
12) Malferan +2 - baked beans
13) kzoo - soda/ics with cooler
14) FishHead +1 - Chips & Dip
15) Bigbasstaz - Chips & Dip
16) Sparky101- ketchup/mustard/mayo for the food"No tomatoes"
17) RaMcVey Family +4 - Tims Potato Chips and a case of water.
18) Kenster +1
19)
20)
21)
22)
23)
24)
25)
26)

*Still in need of - 1) extra card tables for food and raffle items, . 2) 1 more LARGE cooler and bags of ice so we can get the liquids on ice, 3) portable propane BBQ - propane is better because we can move it around, cooks better, etc. I will bring mine but having two just works a lot better.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:03 pm

fishnislife wrote:propane is better because we can move it around, cooks better

Briquettes>Propane any day...

But getting those ready can be a pain, propane is just so hassle free....
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

Kenster
Lieutenant

Post by Kenster » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:12 pm

fishnislife wrote:
Kenster wrote:

fishnislife
Oh man, come on. My 10 year high school reunion is that night and my wife is on the committee so she has to help set-up. Otherwise they would be there.
You still gotta go. It will be a morning of fishing and an afternoon in the park with good food. Now, you know you can't beat that. Your coming b!tch, I'm putting you down.

fishnislife
Sounds like your gonna be cuttin' out early and all, with that reunion to get to! HMMMMMM? Don't put me on the list yet! Still talking to the boss, the kids already are taken that day by the Nana and Pop-pop. (yeah!!) So I'll let you know, Kenster +1? So what's everyone doing with their boats during the grub and games? (beaching or towing around on trailer?) And would your launch receipt get you into the other gate? Anyone had/have time to swing by there and check it out (ask)?

Kenster
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:09 pm

good question about the receipt, I don't know and the park doesn't have a phone number that I could find. Would you be loading your boat and then heading over to the park area after fishing? There is shoreline to beach that boat by the BBQ (in close sight) in which case it's not an issue as you'll be there.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:16 pm

Just to offer some structure to the day, here's a schedule to plan on:

The Day's Schedule:

6:30 - park opens. (Launch opens earlier) Fish through the morning...

10:30-11:00 - please have your grub at the BBQ site so we can get everthing set up for the BBQ...

11:30-12:30 - BBQ time!

12:30-13:30 - Casting contests and anything else our organizers have come up with - Raffles -

A Word About The Raffles:

The raffe is free to everyone that comes to the event. When you check in at the BBQ site, we'll give raffle tickets to hang on to for the drawings. There'll be some nice stuff given away! You must be present to win.

I will have some t-shirts and hats available for purchase as well.

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:43 pm

Man I wanna be there soooooooooo darn bad,..just to meet all of the members and thier families,..plus fishing too,...BUT,..I've had Battleground Camping/Fishing planned since last year,..totally commited,..but alas,..you guys have fun for me too,..Thanks Mike and Aaron for the best fishing site in the Northwest and to all the members and family,..you guys are ACES!!!!
"Passion-4-Bassin"

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:36 am

Fished Lk Sammamish yesterday with kzoo. Got on to a good smallie bite with a few perch here and there. Nothing huge but still a great day.
Lots of boaters out with the great weather. The park filled up come mid afternoon. I think we will be fine if we grab a spot early.
Bring the sunscreen if it's nice again and get to the bbq a little early. I'd hate for someone to miss out because of traffic or no parking.
We launched earlier and had no problems. I think the launch is 24hrs. Or at least extended hours.

The plan is to get there earlier to launch and fish up to the bbq. If you want to meet up in the morning before putting your boat in the water we will be there at the launch. I'm thinking 5am. PM me if your fishing from a boat. I have something for you.
PM Dez if your fishing from a canoe/tube/pontoon, he has something for you.

See ya there guys.

fishnislife

Rollin with Rolland
Captain

Post by Rollin with Rolland » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:19 pm

Looks like i got clearance. I have two options....

1) it's 100 miles one way for me, so....either i take the motorcycle and hook up with someone with a boat, (would like to fish Tapps or somewhere else not to far Friday or Sunday also), or....

2) I load up the boat and truck and make a trip out of it and hit Tapps Friday, Sammamish Saturday, and possibly somewhere else Sunday (Washington??). I really hate those water skiers and jet skiers though....ruins a perfectly tranquil morning on the lake.

Any count on boats?? ANYONE WANT TO CARPOOL THE I-5 NORTH CORRIDOR?? (it's hard to get any farther north than me)

i'm on the casting contest committee, so BBD has me and my services at his disposal, plus if i bring a truck i have a LARGE cooler and a SMALL card table (3'X3').

I have never fished Sammamish or the area, and don't know the next chance i will get, so this should be a blast. Always like to learn new lakes and techniques.

ROLL CALL

1) Mike Carey - bbq
2) fishnislife - paper plates, napkins and utensiles, large sunscreen tent
3) BigbassDez - hotdogs and buns
4) bassmasterderek - pasta salad
5) EastsideRedneck +2 - cookies or brownies
6) quadradomus +1 - smoked meat
7) fishingmachine - soda
8) Lori +2- wally beans(baked beans)
9) Bel83 +1 (and our dog probably) - cookies/fresh fruit or melon
10) racfish - pickled herring and tablecloths
11) Gringo Pescador +1 - Burgers & buns
12) Malferan +2 - baked beans
13) kzoo - soda/ics with cooler
14) FishHead +1 - Chips & Dip
15) Bigbasstaz - Chips & Dip
16) Sparky101- ketchup/mustard/mayo for the food"No tomatoes"
17) RaMcVey Family +4 - Tims Potato Chips and a case of water.
18) Kenster +1
19) Rollin with Rolland- 2-3lbs Ling Cod, Crab if i get enough
20)
21)
22)
23)
24)
25)
26)
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have caught many fish in my life. The most exciting? The next one.....

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:26 pm

When I got there, the park ranger said the launch opens at 5:30AM, of course I got there at 5:20AM and there was two boats ahead of me.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:00 pm

It is a VERY popular recreational lake and there are a lot of skiers.

BTW, I have some fun stuff lined up for the raffle - free to all who come!

GeryG
Warrant Officer

Post by GeryG » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:56 pm

Is the BBQ at the boat launch park site or the park on the other side of the creek?
Ive only been to the boat launch part.
I'll be there and bring Italian pasta salad.
I have a small 8' boat with trolling motor, which I will be fishing by the boat launch with,
I have an open seat. FYI

GeryG

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:29 pm

GeryG wrote:Is the BBQ at the boat launch park site or the park on the other side of the creek?
Ive only been to the boat launch part.
I'll be there and bring Italian pasta salad.
I have a small 8' boat with trolling motor, which I will be fishing by the boat launch with,
I have an open seat. FYI

GeryG
The picnic will be the state park side, as you're looking from the water we will be to the right of the swim area. There is an area there you could ground your boat and it wll be in close view to the picnic. So you'll be able to launch, fsh, and then head over to the picnic if you'd like.

See you there!

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:32 am

OK - I am bringing burgers & buns -

Since, I have to thaw the meat and make the patties before hand, I am tryin to figure out how much to bring -

I am lame at figuring this stuff out, so maybe somebody can help me out..

Last count that I see is 33

For the mains, there will be Burgers, hot dogs, smoked meat, ling, & possibly crab.

I think buns come in packs of 6 or 8, so I am thinkin 24 burgers? Does that sound like enough? Or should I do more (like 1 per person)?
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”