NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
bassackwards
Commander

RE:NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Post by bassackwards » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:42 pm

HOLY BLOODY FISH...do they start bleeding right out of the water down there???? LOL...I'm just kidding.

With scenery like that as your backdrop, fishing is just the cherry on top.

Welcome guys! Glad you found us :thumright
God Bless our brave men and women fighting to preserve our way of life!!!

TBear_fishin
Petty Officer

Post by TBear_fishin » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:50 pm

Hello fellow (and lady) piscatorians!
My name is Ted Barrett and no, I did not work behind the plate in game 3 of the World Series...LOL. I am only 58 years young and if you ever met me you'd say, "You're not 58". I live in Tukwila, Washington.

My hobbies are fishing (duh), being best friend and husband for my lovely wife, going to classic car shows, bowling and the Seahawks. I am a purchasing agent for a large plumbing supply company and for the first time I can truly say, I love what I do!

I was introduced to fishing for the very first time at 7 years old by a minister at the church we attended. My grandfather took over years later, and I learned all that I know from him about fishing and general wisdom. I fish primarily for any trout species, but have caught bass, salmon and steelhead as well as the occasional pan fish.

Currently, I get down to the Green River. Favorite areas are Rocky Ford, Fish Lake, Wilderness and Lake Washington. I have a float tube and also a 3-man inflatable. Thank you for the opportunity to join this illustrious group of outdoor sports lovers.

The photo is a favorite of mine up at Fish Lake.
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:50 pm

Tried to open your attached picture TBear, but got the following error message:

Error: Resource has been moved or is unavailable. Please contact the forum admin.

Try uploading it in JPEG format.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:39 pm

My name is Ralph.I live in the Seward Park area right off Lk. WA.I'm 53 yo who has lived in Seattle for my entire life.I've alway lived in the Seward Park area and fish Lk Wa.I fish for all species all around our great state.I have a very nice new Smokercraft 16',and looking to make some good fishing friends.My hobbies are Fishing,shooting,canning fruits and vegetables,pickling,gardening.I do some off roading and 4x4ing in my Toyota 4x4.Im willing to learn new ways to fish and catch.I have most all the gear I ever started with including my childhood rod and the Phluger Supreme.I usually only get weekends to fish but if the bite is on I'll take off during the week.I go by racfish cuz its my initials RAC.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

JimLyons
Petty Officer

Post by JimLyons » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:06 pm

Hello my name is Jim Lyons. I live in Spokane and fish a lot of lakes around here. I love to fish for steelhead in the Snake and Clearwater Rivers too. I work as an ER nurse all over the country. I have six kids who have varying degrees of intereest in fishing. My two favorite fish to catch are smallmouths and steelhead. My two favorite kinds of pizza are hot and free. I play guitar and write songs. I own a recording studio in Spokane. I randomly found this site after I caught the longest trout of my 39 year fishing career at Lenore a couple of weeks ago, 27 inches and 8 lbs. I love to fly fish and to troll. I have recently gotten into bass fishing and caught a 6 lb. smallie at Long Lake in Spokane several years ago, and decided to expand my tackle box collection to 13. The only time I ever fish is if I am alone or with someone. Aloha
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:09 pm

Nice to see some new people around here.
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

leahcim_dahc
Commander

Post by leahcim_dahc » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:11 pm

Welcome to WL.com JimLyons, racfish, and TBear_fishin!! Hope you enjoy the stay...got some interesting, knowledgeable, as well as entertaining individuals here. :clown:

Welcome!

Chad
Chad

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln, 1809-1865

beresford13861
Warrant Officer

Post by beresford13861 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:07 am

bassackwards wrote:HOLY BLOODY FISH...do they start bleeding right out of the water down there???? LOL...I'm just kidding.

With scenery like that as your backdrop, fishing is just the cherry on top.

Welcome guys! Glad you found us :thumright
when your hungry and dont have a net, i grab'm :bom:

kurth
Angler

Post by kurth » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:31 am

Hello all.
My name is Kurt Hodge. I live in Kapowsin, WA and am the WDFW volunteer for the Kapowsin Boat Launch.
I grew up fishing in Pennsylvania with my father, mostly lake fishing. Favorite fishing by far is Ice fishing.
IF anyone has questions, concerns, complaints, ideas about the Kapowsin Boat Launch, I'd be more than happy to hear them and pass them on to the appropriate people.
If your wondering, my duties as a volunteer are trash cleanup for the site and gate close/open duties. I have noticed a few comments on the reports page about the cleanliness of the boat launch area, and I thank you for that. Also, I'd like to thank every fishermen who visits that launch and cleans up after not only him/herself, but other people that leave trash lying around.
Lastly, I'd like to ask if anyone ever sees any vandalism occuring, please call 911, the Pierce County Sheriff's have been very blunt in advising me that they will investigate. We've had problems not only at Kapowsin but many of the surrounding lakes with vandalism to property and unfortunately to vehicles.
HAPPY FISHING & BOATING EVERYONE!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL.

the1fishingpro
Lieutenant

Post by the1fishingpro » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:06 pm

Kurth,

First of all Welcome to WL.com, were always glad to see new faces.
Second, glad to see there are a few WDFG members on the site. We could always use a few more.
Hope your time here is well spent and cant wait to see some of your posts.
Tight lines

Keith
If in doubt set the hook!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:39 pm

DITTO! Thanks Kurth for your volunteer spirit and welcome to WL.com. One of the projects we have done in the past is a clean up party. If you have projects you'd like to accomplish let me know and perhaps we can harness the power of WL.com members.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

JimLyons
Petty Officer

Post by JimLyons » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:43 pm

Welcome Kurth,
I am hoping to take my son ice fishing this year. I live in Spokane and we have some great winter lakes here. You are going to love this site!
Jim

Spectrum
Angler

Post by Spectrum » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:46 pm

Hello, my name is Mike Bell. I live in Lake Tapps (formerly Bonney Lake). I am a project manager for an underground utility company. My interests are hunting, fishing, camping and quading you get the drift. I have been hunting and fishing in Washington my whole life, every other year I go to Alaska to do some salmon fishing. I like all types of fishing and have fished for almost everything Washington has to offer. My favorite fishing is trout, mostly trolling for them. I fish all the standard lakes here on the Westside and really like Curlew on the Eastside. Riffe is probably one of my favorite lake. I have a 17-foot spectrum boat with a 90hp and a 5hp honda kicker. This looks like a very informative and friendly site and I am excited to get to know some of the members. Fell free to drop a PM or email.
Attachments
mikebass.jpg
mikebass.jpg (23.2 KiB) Viewed 2422 times
mikesturg.jpg
mikesturg.jpg (20.5 KiB) Viewed 2424 times
alaska07.jpg
alaska07.jpg (16.79 KiB) Viewed 2426 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Derrick-k
Commander

Post by Derrick-k » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:10 pm

Welcome to Washingtonlakes.com!!!!!!!!!!!
Those are some really nice fish and I think your gonna love this site!

spokey9
Captain

Post by spokey9 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:12 pm

hey everybody my name Chucky and i grew up fishing on les davis pier in tacoma. my dad got me started as a kid and spent pretty much everyweekend growing up fishing for something, and i learned alot from the regulars down on the dock. haven't fish much since 2004 because of an unfortunate incarceration. but i got two godsons who haven't done any fishing and i really want to get them started because it kept me out trouble as a kid and was good way to spend time with friends and family. i like fishing for salmon, rockcod, and skate in saltwater. and anything that swims in lakes depending on time of year, ( although i love catching catfish). i've lived in pierce county my whole life so most of my fishing has been within an hour of tacoma, with the exception of fishing out of westport. i love fishin' harts lake at night. love the site i've already found loads of info on stuff i haven't tried yet and want to. so i hope i can share somethings with you guys to help cuz you all have already helped me. see ya around the boards
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:31 pm

Welcome to the big family guys. spokey9, Spectrum, kurth

Nice pix Spectrum!

Glad you guys are here.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:52 pm

ditto, welcome all!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

HillbillyGeek
Captain

Post by HillbillyGeek » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:02 pm

Howdy everyone! My name is Andy, and I'm a fishaholic.
I fish for bass, trout, perch, crappie, and the occasional salmon. (I'm not very good at salmon fishing.)
I've been making my own jigs for about a year now, and enjoy it very much. It's fun to be creative and try new techniques / materials. I've dabbled in fly fishing, but my casting is... well, pathetic. This spring I plan on taking lessons.
I have a 10 foot jon boat that is my baby. It ain't pretty, but neither am I... :-&
My wife & I live just outside of Lake Stevens and we have two daughters.

Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piscatory Geekus Maximus

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:15 pm

Welcome Geekus Maximus (Hillbilly geek)

Don't go cold on this site... it's a great place and you will become hooked into it. When Spring comes it's crazy busy with a lot of great info. and really cool people.
Welcome aboard, and stick around.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

M_ray
Angler

Post by M_ray » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:23 pm

Hi there,
I mainley joined to become more familar with the Bass fishing community and the tournaments that go on there. My first passion is steelhead and migrated here through the PP board where this site was originally. I Hunt, fish, play soccer and spend time trying to show my kids all of my favorite outdoor addictions!

Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”