WL.com Extravaganza - Pics Are Here!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
SnohoBassGuy
Warrant Officer

RE:WL.com Extravaganza - Pics Are Here!

Post by SnohoBassGuy » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:38 am

Well, I just signed up about a month or more ago, and didnt put much thought into the event. But I'm gonna have to come next year, and bring my two boys, and the old lady. I'm looking forward to meeting up with some of you guys and sharing some trips. I have been getting skunked lately up north here. Thanks again for this site. You all are doing great.
Banks lake for LIFE!

2010 Big Fish Competition:
SnohoBassGuy - 0
LowVW - 4lb 11 oz

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:43 am

I'm bummed I missed it. I got a call from fishnislife shortly after the event ended, he said it went awesome, something near 30 in all showed up???!!! Awesome stuff guys, great pictures, I'm hoping I can make it next year....

Someones gotta slow down Gringo, he keeps taking the trophy home every year!
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:50 am

And for those i talked to @ the pic nic about the West Coast Baits .. just read what Mike Carey Did today with them on Lake Samm .. PROOF IS IN THE PIC .. :cheers: BBD

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

hookorcrook
Warrant Officer

Post by hookorcrook » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:59 pm

That's great that everyone had such a great time. I went to Trailfest out at Rattlesnake Lake sponsered by the WTA, and cruised by Sammamish Park about 3:30, but couldn't find any Washington Lakers. Everybody must have wrapped it up by then. Hope to see everyone at the next one. Maybe I can get a backseat on a boat :-"

Suzanne
Suzanne

Rollin with Rolland
Captain

Post by Rollin with Rolland » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:24 pm

i tell you , the bass guys really got me thinking....

i think i'm gonna ditch the crab pots on wednesday and instead hit lake Whatcom for the state record smallie....

I think....I've been....:shaking2: ....bitten.....:shaking2: ...by.....some....:shaking2: ....sort...of....:shaking2:...bass bug...

Any known cures???
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have caught many fish in my life. The most exciting? The next one.....

Kenster
Lieutenant

Post by Kenster » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:28 pm

Rollin with Rolland wrote:i tell you , the bass guys really got me thinking....

i think i'm gonna ditch the crab pots on wednesday and instead hit lake Whatcom for the state record smallie....

I think....I've been....:shaking2: ....bitten.....:shaking2: ...by.....some....:shaking2: ....sort...of....:shaking2:...bass ..bug...

Any known cures??? :shaking2:
Tiger Musky!

Kenster

Rollin with Rolland
Captain

Post by Rollin with Rolland » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:42 pm

Kenster wrote:
Rollin with Rolland wrote:
Tiger Musky!

Kenster
that might work kenster,

Here is a Mepps giant killer, "catch two tigers and call me in the morning" :salut:

you've had the cure all this time....

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:40 pm

Right on Rollin! Welcome to the dark side!

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:10 pm

Yes Rollin,..I converted last year to the "Dark Side",..of course there are some that say if I fished the Sound for Salmon this season nothing compares!!! Anyways welcome to the Dark Side Rollin!
"Passion-4-Bassin"

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:59 pm

Bring the big baits!
I hope you catch a hawg.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fishingmachine
Admiral

Post by fishingmachine » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:08 pm

Yeah thanks to hearing tips from u guys at the picninc i have started drop shotting with a good amount of luck i am gonna try it out on pine. But yeah it was a great day and tons of fun.

Rollin with Rolland
Captain

Post by Rollin with Rolland » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:08 pm

hookemdanno wrote:That's great that everyone had such a great time. I went to Trailfest out at Rattlesnake Lake sponsered by the WTA, and cruised by Sammamish Park about 3:30, but couldn't find any Washington Lakers. Everybody must have wrapped it up by then. Hope to see everyone at the next one. Maybe I can get a backseat on a boat :-"

Suzanne
how was that Trailfest hookem?? i read about it, it sounded like there were tons of good activities and some clinics as well.....i wanted to hit the fly casting one....

It might be nice to have some fishing seminars eventually at WL events...very helpful for everyone.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:42 am

It might be nice to have some fishing seminars eventually at WL events...very helpful for everyone.
Now that is a great idea. I think we have enough resources around here (people who know what they are doing) to have some great seminars.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EastsideRedneck
Commander

Post by EastsideRedneck » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:05 am

Kinda hopping in late to the thread here but...

My family and I had a wonderful time at Sammammish! It was great to finally put some faces to names and actually talk to quite a few of you in person. I didn't fair too well in the fishing that morning (a bunch of perch and one extremely emaciated smallie) but still had a great time. The raffle and the company was top-notch. I can't wait till next year.

After speaking to a few of you I may have to give musky fishing a shot. I had never heard of them before I moved here. I'm always up for a challenge. Maybe that will be a good warmup for hitting the salt.

A few of you wondered about the ability to catch some of the larger fish species (musky, salmon, etc...) or hit open water out of/on a kayak like mine; check out the picture below and be the judge.
Salmon Sharks off Alaska

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:34 pm

WOW Redneck,..that's a crazy pic! Looks fun though!
"Passion-4-Bassin"

VHMLLC
Commander

Post by VHMLLC » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:43 pm

should have gone to the potluck / fishing hole insted of trout lake. bummed. see you at the next one.
stan.:-&
Stan.
Enjoy Your Days & Love Your Life' Because Life is a journey to be savored !!!! GO FISHING

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of poop
There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:50 pm

brownbomber wrote:WOW Redneck,..that's a crazy pic! Looks fun though!
fun??!!?? I must be getting old, that just looks crazy to me!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

EastsideRedneck
Commander

Post by EastsideRedneck » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:22 am

I've fished/paddled with the guy in orange pfd, he's the Ocean Kayak pro staff for Washington, the owner of NorthwestKayakAnglers.com, and a really neat individual to boot. He seems to always have some adventure in the works... some day I'll have the stones and vacation time to go on one.

sickbayer
Commodore

Post by sickbayer » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:54 am

Mike Carey wrote:
brownbomber wrote:WOW Redneck,..that's a crazy pic! Looks fun though!
fun??!!?? I must be getting old, that just looks crazy to me!
good grief !!!! how scary does that pic look, i am with you on that one. must be gettign old too. sorry that i had plans looked like a very good time. :cheers:
Seeking the violent take downs

Thunder jet
V8 309 pump
HAL the tr1 auto pilot
T8 high thrust
LCX 28 HD
Lowrance Broadband Sounder
Fusion for the beat
Penn 835's for the bang zone

hookorcrook
Warrant Officer

Post by hookorcrook » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:34 pm

hookemdanno wrote:That's great that everyone had such a great time. I went to Trailfest out at Rattlesnake Lake sponsered by the WTA, and cruised by Sammamish Park about 3:30, but couldn't find any Washington Lakers. Everybody must have wrapped it up by then. Hope to see everyone at the next one. Maybe I can get a backseat on a boat :-"

Suzanne
how was that Trailfest hookem?? i read about it, it sounded like there were tons of good activities and some clinics as well.....i wanted to hit the fly casting one....

Wow. Sorry for the late reply Rolland. The Trailfest was pretty cool. They had lots of Enviro/Trail organizations, which I think as outdoor people we should all be a lot more involved in (Insert shameless environmental plug here right?), a few booths for shopping, a few fishing organizations, etc. I didn't attend any clinics. I got there too late for the compass/orienteering class. If you're into hiking/backpacking at all, I would recommend going at least once.

And I got a great little Deuter Speedlite 20 backpack for only 30$. Awesome little pack. Normally 70$.

Suzanne
Suzanne

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”