WL.com Extravaganza - Pics Are Here!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
fishingmachine
Admiral

RE:WL.com Extravaganza - Pics Are Here!

Post by fishingmachine » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:13 pm

Was a blast today had fun meeting everybody and putting names to faces and learning some fishing teqniques from all of u guys. Thanks Mike and Aaron for making this the best fishing site in washington. I am all for the derby idea but then we should try and get people to bring boats so people can back seat and such. I am all for moving it around to different lakes every year. It was quite funny having GRINGO win the casting competition again.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:23 pm

I'm glad that the event went so well. Honestly, I had give thought to going over the mountains to attend it. The only reservation that I had was the cost of gas and lodging. It would have been fun meeting all who attended.

Some of us on the "hot side" have been kicking around an idea for an east side event. Or, possibly meeting in the middle at Ellensburg. We'll see what the economy looks like next spring.

northfork
Lieutenant

Post by northfork » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:46 pm

Sounds like the event was a blast. Sorry I missed it but had to do the 4 letter word today WORK!!!!
Hopefully next year.
Bill

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:12 pm

northfork wrote:Sounds like the event was a blast. Sorry I missed it but had to do the 4 letter word today WORK!!!!
Hopefully next year.
Bill
Same boat...almost
The last few weeks have been crazy(good though)back at the station full-time,new home and picked up another boat.
I really wanted to go but had to catch up with other things.Sounds like it was a blast.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:49 am

The Extravaganza was a great success. I'm glad all of you enjoyed yourself. I was very happy to talk with all of you and get to know you guys more. We really have some cool people on this site.
Well, as far as the fishing goes, we had a great day. Tons of smallies between the 3 of us - kzoo, Dez, me. Big fish went to Dez at just under 4lbs. Nice job brutha.
I believe Mike has all the stats for the bbq as far as Casting Champ, Oldest and Youngest Anglers. So I'll let him post those up.

I have a couple of pics but was busy talking with everyone to take a lot. If anyone has any pics of the bbq post them up and I can add them to my Photobucket album WashingtonLakes BBQ's.

Thanks you guys for coming. And we really missed those of you couldn't make it. NEXT YEAR!

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:47 am

Thanks for putting this up Jeremiah and Mike! Had a good time. Great to meet everyone, people were really cool people.

Had a good time fishing with Fishinislife and Dez, picked up Dez the last minute and he ended up catching biggest fish, last time I fish with that guy.

After the picnic I decided to take Rollin w/Rolland out for the afternoon bite. Incredibly the smallies were still biting. Biggest one caught by Rollin w/Rolland was a little over 17-inches, hopefully he posts his pictures.

Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:59 am

Man look at those good lookn guys.
(i mean the fish)

I also would like to give a big thanks to WL.com and Mike for bringing raffle gear and prizes, shawn for a ton of great stuff for the raffle. (I'm bummed you couldn't make it bro) I think just about everyone walked away with something.
And of coarse D.J. of West Coast Custom Tackle for coming through for a second year in a row. Everyone was really excited to try your baits. Thanks again.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:05 am

Just to let everyone know, I have to give Fishinislife catch of the day, not because the size of the fish, but how he caught his. Fishinislife got the back of the boat and was getting third shot on areas to cast, one spot was a residents big inflatable shaped like a big tube. He actually casted right in the center of it and got bit. Thank God Dez came with us, he actually sprawled out to land the fish while Fishinislife battled his fish, I really wish we video recorded it.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skeetrzx225
Petty Officer

Post by skeetrzx225 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:34 am

MAN i missed it i really want to come looks like everyone had an awesome time and hooked up some nice fish too good job KZOO,DEZ,ROLAND AND FISHINISLIFE thats what its all about good people hanging out having a GREAT TIME LIVING LIFE TO THE FULLEST!!!!!!!! RIGHT ON

Rollin with Rolland
Captain

Post by Rollin with Rolland » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:23 pm

Yeah, it was a GREAT time!! I know a lot of people were busy this year and kinda on the fence about it, but it was really an experience to meet so many people from WL.com at once!! Talk about personalities.....there is just something about talking to someone face to face that you don't get in text. Awesome people around here.....

Mike/fishinislife....thanks a lot. I know you two put in quite a bit of work, so hats off!!

BBD...great work on the casting contest, everyone was having fun, and mike's right, your a natural!

I posted a regular report, but kzoo and i went out after the picnic for a couple hours and couldn't keep them off!! he must have had 15-20 fish in two hours, i ended up with four, but got the biggest!!!:-$ thanks kzoo..

once again, lots-o-fun. and yes, EastsideRedneck does have the sickest kayak i have ever seen!!!

Favorite moment: the VERY LAST cast of the casting contest, Gringo becomes two-time champ. unbelievable!!
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have caught many fish in my life. The most exciting? The next one.....

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:39 pm

Looks like we should have gone back out#-o Nice fish!!! What a cool lake!!
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

skeetrzx225
Petty Officer

Post by skeetrzx225 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:51 pm

you guys are killing me man i should have came but i had to get fitted for clothes and buy stuff for our wedding my son was buggin because we could go but i had to get it done. oh well next time. NICE FISH GUYS AND GREAT MEMORIES .

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:42 pm

OK, the winners were:

Farthest Traveled - Carlos R. (Bellingham - there's a dedicated member!)

Youngest Angler - Emily (I think age 5?)

Oldest Angler - Bill W (no, I won't say...)

Young Casting Contest Winner - Tanner (way to go Tanner!)

Casting Contest Winner - Gringo Pescador - 2 years running! JUst like the Packer Dynasty of old. :-)

Number of Picnic Guests - 35!

Raffle - As far as I could tell, everyone came home with something. Special thanks To DJ of Westcoastcustomtackle and Shawn for raffle donations.

Great Event and we'll look forward to next year's event in a location to be determined.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

fishaholictaz
Admiral

Post by fishaholictaz » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:28 pm

Mike I got skunked on the raffle#-o I didn't mind though it was a great day!!!!
A fisherman= A JERK ON ONE END OF A FISHING POLE WAITING FOR A JERK ON THE OTHER!!
Hello, my name is Tim and I am addicted to fishing!
Coming to you from Wyoming!!!
Photo bucket

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:53 am

OK, I've got you covered. Watch your mail.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:26 am

For the 2nd year in a row I had a great time!
Mike & fishnislife - Great job on the setup and organization!
quadradomus - Thanks for the back seat, no fish, but it was a nice day for a boatride!
BigbassDez - Casting rings 2.0 were perfect for the contest! Keep that version around awhile!
Rollin with Rolland - Thanks for the leftovers!
Everybody else - The food was awsome, it was great meeting you all, and I would love to fish along side any one of you.
=d> =d> =d> =d> =d> =d> =d> =d> =d>
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:01 am

Glad that everyone enjoyed them self , I had a blast myself . I enjoyed the kids and all the members and there family during the casting contest ,This year was by far the best . KZOO thanks for the ride that morning if it was for you picking me up i wouldn't have had a chance to show everyone why i chose my screen name ..lol Jus kiding man o man what great group of guys and girls ..

Fishn did a great job organizing the event , Mike i bet you glad that i stuck aroung that morning to help with setting up huh ? Mike a great guy and enjoyed sitting down and talking to him about fine tuning this site , all i can say without spilling the beans is "LOOK FORWARD TO THE FUTURE OF THIS SITE" ..

Mark , yeah you won the casting contest again ..ok so whats your point ...LOL .. Good job man great to see again ...

D.J & West Coast Custom Tackle , Man sorry we missed you but you products made alot of people smile saturday ..

As for everyone else cool people , great food, awsome time ..looking forward to next year already ...BBD
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

ruthven78
Commander

Post by ruthven78 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:17 am

Rosann G wrote:Here's a picture of the kid that won the kid's casting contest.
I can't attach it because it is too big. I will try to figure this out and post later.
Thanks for the great picnic and activities Mike, Fishinislife and Bigbassdez. It was great to get to put faces to so many people that we talk to on this forum.
http://www.gimp.org/

You can get GIMP which is a free graphics editing program much like Photoshop....I've used it for years. Download, install, open image, then click Image then Scale Image. If you image is wider than it is tall then change width to 800, this should automatically make the height 600, then click Scale. This will make the picture look pretty small but this is what you want. Then click File, then click Save As. If you want the original to stay the original size (better for printing) then rename the new file to something else, or else if you dont care to keep the original as is then just save it using the same filename.

Best scales to use for internet posting is either 800x600 or 640x480

you can always scale a larger image smaller but when you try to scale a smaller image larger, the larger image will become pixelated and look funky.
Owner, Bakercraft Lures - http://www.bakercraftlures.com/

ruthven78
Commander

Post by ruthven78 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:19 am

Marc Martyn wrote:I'm glad that the event went so well. Honestly, I had give thought to going over the mountains to attend it. The only reservation that I had was the cost of gas and lodging. It would have been fun meeting all who attended.

Some of us on the "hot side" have been kicking around an idea for an east side event. Or, possibly meeting in the middle at Ellensburg. We'll see what the economy looks like next spring.
Maybe we need to do another one on the Eastern side (Westerners would be invited too).......I know my wife and I are always up for potlucks, she doesnt fish but is a fairly good cook.
Owner, Bakercraft Lures - http://www.bakercraftlures.com/

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:07 am

ruthven78 wrote:
Marc Martyn wrote:I'm glad that the event went so well. Honestly, I had give thought to going over the mountains to attend it. The only reservation that I had was the cost of gas and lodging. It would have been fun meeting all who attended.

Maybe we need to do another one on the Eastern side (Westerners would be invited too).......I know my wife and I are always up for potlucks, she doesnt fish but is a fairly good cook.
If the date worked out, I have been itchin for a weekend motorcycle trip. Sounds like a good reason for one to me.:cheers:
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”