WashingtonLakes.com BBQ and FISHING EXTRAVAGANZA

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

RE:WashingtonLakes.com BBQ and FISHING EXTRAVAGANZA

Post by Marc Martyn » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:53 am

I would have loved to make it, but my son will be home for the weekend. I also had some minor surgery today and have to lay kind of low for a few days. Have a great time and be sure to post a lot of pictures.o:)

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:10 am

Marc Martyn wrote:I would have loved to make it, but my son will be home for the weekend. I also had some minor surgery today and have to lay kind of low for a few days. Have a great time and be sure to post a lot of pictures.o:)
Marc...

Good choice! Have fun with your son and good luck and speedy recovery on your surgery. I'll make sure your hamburger doesn't get left at the park :thumleft:
God Bless our brave men and women fighting to preserve our way of life!!!

Rosann G
Commander

Post by Rosann G » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:18 pm

Marc I second bassackwards advice.
Hope everyone has a blast at the fish-in and picnic, sounds like it is going to be great. I want to see some pictures next week. Wish we didn't have the muskie tourny to go to.
Rosann
Ever have a Tiger by the tail? I have!
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

EdmondsBassMan
Warrant Officer

Post by EdmondsBassMan » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:32 pm

Just wanted to add that I will be bringing Chips and Dip and Nachos and salsa. See you all there!!!!!
WORK IS FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO FISH!

EdmondsBassman AKA Jerz Jay

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:45 pm

You guys should just stay home cause I will be catching the biggest fish and the award will have my name on it. As far as the casting contest, you guys might have a shot. Nevermind, you guys don't have a chance. I have been practicing with a 5 gallon bucket in my back yard. :-" J/K
Bringing the Dr. Pepper as well. No BBQ is complete without the DR.
I'll been on the water with Quadradomus at 7:00am, see you guys there.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:16 pm

Sorry guy's hosed by work! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I'll be by with the spud salad and a cameo. Wish I could stay all afternoon. I'll try and bring a king salmon by. Keep your fingers crossed. You could be BBQ'n salmon. Does that count in the fishing derby?
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

EastsideRedneck
Commander

Post by EastsideRedneck » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:57 am

I wish I would ahve seen this earlier... I'm going to do my best to get out there early and do some fish'n w/ y'all. I will try and convince the wife to come but I don't think its gonna happen. Look for the big black ram and tiny crappy boat w/my screen name on the side. I'm pretty broke right now, but I'll try and bring some chips.

bassackwards
Commander

Post by bassackwards » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:29 pm

Well...this one's in the bag. It was a perfect day for fishing (some may think otherwise, I'm not mentioning ANY names...you know who you are). BigbassDez, EdmondsBassMan and myself ABUSED the "smallies" today (20 between the three of us), while Fishinislife and Quadradomus teased a few perch in Quadra's boat (and the fun continues)......bacon.

EdmondsBassMan took home the BIGGEST FISH (2 1/2 lb. smallie) while Gringo Pescador took home top honors in the CASTING CONTEST (with a Spinning set-up no less)

I want to say thank you to BigBassDez and EdmondsBassMan for a fun day on the water and to Fishinislife for setting this thing up. Big props to Quadradomus for hauling his BBQ and 500 gallon ice chest down to the park so we had FOOOOOD.

We missed those of you that weren't able to make it. We all took a bunch of pictures. There will be a BBQ Picture post in the coming days I'm sure.

Last but not least, thanks again to Mike and Aaron for giving us this "avenue" to talk fishing.

Keep your eye out for the follow up post with the pics.

Bassackwards
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God Bless our brave men and women fighting to preserve our way of life!!!

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:49 pm

Hey, hey now. Just because we used on sale turkey bacon doesn't make us less fisherman then you "real" bacon guys.

No really, I had a great time. Hope all feel the same way. You guys are a goofy bunch. My mom says I can hang out with you guys anytime. :clown:

Start a thread with pics bassackwards. I can't wait to see them.

Congrats to you EdmondsBassMan for winning the BIGGEST FISH AWARD. And also a big congrats to Gringo Pescador for nailing down the CASTING CONTEST. I am jealous of those awards and prizes you guys received.

Sorry to all who missed out, maybe next time.

Thanks Quad for the last minute back seat. You are the man. And that 500 gallon ice chest was worth packing down. Good bbq. Thanks to all the quys for bringing stuff. Dez, I am going to have to have another bbq at my house just to cook up all the those dogs. But they will get eatin. Nice to meet all of you and we have to do this again soon.

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:27 am

The BBQ was great, I had a blast. It was nice to finally meet some people from the web site. Every person that I met was exactly what I expected, very good people. I also learned a lot in the 2 hours I was there and cant wait to actually get out on the water with you guys and learn even more. I also got to show you guys my casting capabilities with a bait casting real........ sorry about the rats nest fishnislife lol. Jason good job with the big fish and Mark nice casting there buddy. But once again I had a great time and thanks to everyone who made the BBQ possible. We will hook up and do some fishing soon

T Dot
Commander

Post by T Dot » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:54 am

saw some of you there. i saw 3 pontoons all in a row, 1 even had a motor. i spoke to the person closest to the shore. he was in the blue pontoon.

:king:

saw you guys catch fish, lose fish and it looks like you all were having fun. too bad i couldnt join in the fun. i didnt want to disturb you guys for too long and i had to leave shortly.

i was looking for where you had the bbq setup, but i saw no signs. by that time we had to leave.

maybe next time.
.: Half Man Half Amazing :.

WTB:
- SHIMANO Curado 201 HDSV
- SHIMANO Curado 301 DSV

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:56 am

Sorry I missed you guy's. I drove the parking lot asking many people if they were connected. Fishn, saw you and Quad out in boat on the log boom and the guy's in the pontoons. Yelled as loud as I could but no response. That's concentration! You probably saw me drive by with the red boat several times. You were all in the no trailer zone and the Rangers were thick with ticket books in hand. Unfortuately I found no one to give the huge bowl of home made potatoe salad to. Guess what I'm eating all week. Saw no yellow tape or evidense of BBQ so I dropped the boat and went to work. Sure you had more fun than I did.

Next Time!
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

felts_jf
Warrant Officer

Post by felts_jf » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:43 pm

Sorry I missed it Guys, The Ol' Lady and I headed up to Coho WA to do some King fishing, It was a pretty good day, Caught 4 salmon,smallest was 12 lbs and the biggest was 19 lbs. It was cold and rainy but we had fun.

Jason
The boat doesnt catch fish it's the person. Rippin Lips

EdmondsBassMan
Warrant Officer

Post by EdmondsBassMan » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:36 pm

I would have to say yes indeed the weather was perfect for fishing! I had a awesome time fishing with BigBassDez and Bassackwards. I would like to apologize to the Lake Washington smallies for the abuse they received. LOL It was great to put some real names to the website handles! It was a pleasure to meet all of you that came to the BBQ.

I would like to extend my thanks to Fishinislife for the set up of the event,Bassackwards for the aquiring of prizes and excellent craftsmanship of the plaques, Quad for bringing the grill, and to those who provided food. A big congrats to GringoPescador on winning the casting contest.

I have some pics and will work with Bassackwards(he got some too) to make sure they get on the site. I look forward to the next BBQ event.

Thanks to Mike and Aaron for providing the site that brought all of us fishing nuts together!!!!!

Oh by the way the plaque looks great hanging on my wall!!!!!

For the record if your not fishing with :pig:BACON:pig: your not fishing at all!!!

EdmondsBIGBassman:king:

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:47 pm

MAN O MAN !! What A Fun day out with the Boyz !!! thanks too all who help put this together.. I had a great time "WE TALKED SO MUCH SMACK ALL DAY " all im say'n is that if didnt have any bacon "FORGET ABOUT IT" ... .. I'v Been putting in so much time on water getting ready for the tourney next month i almost forgot to sit down on th e site for a few .. My main man E.B.M. "TOOK " the big fish award from me "Congrads" ..Bassackwards i had a blast out there dude your a really cool person .thanks! Fishinislife "GOT BASS?" ..lol.. Thanks for putting this event together "some talk about it , others JUST DO IT" !! you and the fam are great people... Gringo this guy can lay a jig on the tip of your baseball cap "50 feet away" ...lol...YOU DA MAN! ... CANT WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR GUYS , IT WAS A PLEASURE AND I HAD A BALL!!!:thumright :thumright =d> =d> =d> =d> =d> =d> [/size][/size]
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

leahcim_dahc
Commander

Post by leahcim_dahc » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:35 am

I would have liked to attend, but had work...plus being a newbie here...I'll maintain a low profile for the time being.

Sounds as if it was a good time for all...maybe I'll get to attend another time, if nothing else to hang out with others that enjoy a good day fishing as much as I do.
Chad

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. - Abraham Lincoln, 1809-1865

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:03 am

Like the rest, I had a great time! Next year though I will make a point to get out on the water before hand so I can tell who is "really" telling the truth! By the time Bassackwards, Big Bass Dez, and EdmondsBassMan got off the water and started trading stories I don't even think they knew what happened out there! GPC and I were definately the quiet ones of the bunch! Got there late and couldn't find the table at first, but it was easy to locate the bantering pontoons out on the water!
Great bunch, thanks to Mike & Aaron for creating & maintaining this venue, Finishislife for setting this event up, Quad for his skills as chef, Bassakwards for the awsome awards (which mine was hung not more than 10 minutes after I got home), and EdmondsBassMan for loaning me his left-handed Pflueger - which was key in nailing that casting contest!
It was great to meet you all and I would be honored to fish with any one of you!

As it turns out - it was my weekend to put faces to names - snuck down to my hole on the Duwamish 1st thing Sunday morning for a couple hours. Started talking to a guy and his son fishing next to me. He turned out to be Needabiggerboat! Another great guy I would be happy to fish with again someday! No - didn't catch nuthin..
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

EdmondsBassMan
Warrant Officer

Post by EdmondsBassMan » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:27 am

Oh Yeah the Left Handed Geniuses stole the show!!!!

Glad I could help you out GringoPescador!
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:12 am

Sounds like you all had a great time. I'm sorry I wasn't able to attend. My boy's baseball team lost the first game and tied the second (time limit) but went on to win the mini-tournement the next day.

Perhaps next year this can be a spring event? I think the pinks and coho slamon kept a few from attending.

Thanks to fishnislife and everone else for organizing and putting on this event. :cheers:

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Rfatt16
Warrant Officer

Post by Rfatt16 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:28 pm

Sorry i couldn't make it out on time but i did manage to get out there around 3pm and fish with Dez and Edmonds Bassman(who by the way wouldn't stop callin everyone he knew to tell them about the plaque he won. I was told the last plaque he won was in the third grade for best finger painting. LOL) Good job on the fish J. We'll have to get out there again soon.

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”