Eastside Marshall Lake Fishing Rendezvous 2009

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Bassmaster3000
Petty Officer

RE:Eastside Marshall Lake Fishing Rendezvous 2009

Post by Bassmaster3000 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:41 pm

I'm pretty sure i'll be able to make it. I'm trying my hardest!! :brilsmurf
AKA: J-Dawg

Who need's goldbacks or silverbacks? I'll take BRONZEBACKS!!!
BASSMASTER YOUTH MEMBER
REMEMBER TO CATCH AND REALEASE!!!!!!!

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Sun May 03, 2009 7:19 am

Looks like about 25 people so far. Now that it's May, I can finally say; "it's going to be next month." So, get your reservations in soon.
Where you go is less important than how you get there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Tue May 05, 2009 4:50 pm

Only 6 1/2 weeks to go. I only have to take the trash out 6 more times, then it's time to go. Make your reservations quick. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Sat May 09, 2009 5:15 pm

Only 6 weeks left. Time to make a decision. I only have to take the trash out 5 more times, and it's time to go. WOOOHOOO!
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

f1sh1nf00l
Warrant Officer

Post by f1sh1nf00l » Mon May 18, 2009 7:02 pm

This sounds like a great weekend in the making! I would love to join you all, but I have a similar weekend planned at Riffe lake 19th-23rd......Cant wait to read the posts from your outing. Take lots of pic's and video if you can. Enjoy!

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Tue May 19, 2009 4:44 pm

ONLY 1 MONTH LEFT!!!! WOOHOO!!!
Time to make final plans. This is going to be a great relaxing weekend. Bring small donations for give-aways if you like. Don't forget to bring items for sale or trade if you have any. I only have to take the trash out 4 more times and it's time to go.
C'Yall there,
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Tue May 19, 2009 9:37 pm

I met my daughter and grandkids up there this last Saturday. I took my grandson out and we "tested" the waters.

http://www.washingtonlakes.com/BlogPost.aspx?bpid=109

chironomid_guy
Petty Officer

Post by chironomid_guy » Wed May 27, 2009 7:36 am

OMG.............. I just got off the phone with Peggy from Marshall Lk resort. What a character she is! I tried to book a trailer for the event......................20 minutes later, she says she will call me back if they can help me out. $70/night and she didnt know of a rendevous of WL guys that weekend? ROFL.... I have to say the conversation was the highlight of my day. Once the wife has confirmed of the days off, I will confirm or denigh our participation.

Cheers
The Chironomid Guy

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Wed May 27, 2009 9:59 am

Wait til you meet her is person! :clown: She is a character, always has been in the 50 years that I have known her. She loves to talk and is doing quite well for 86 years old. Kyle, Peggy's nephew, is aware of the gathering up there. He is a great kid and makes sure things are running smoothly. You'll have a good time and you will enjoy meeting Peggy and Clarence.
Attachments
P5160007_1.JPG
P5160007_1.JPG (240.88 KiB) Viewed 2338 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed May 27, 2009 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Sat May 30, 2009 2:20 pm

Only 3 weeks left and life will be better. I went to my favorite sporting goods store today (White Elephant) and stocked up on Spinnin' Flies, Magics, Dick Nites & Rooster Tails. Red, orange, pink and chartreuse are my colors of choice. Don't worry Marc, I'm taking a fly rod too. ;) I hope you guys are as cranked up about this outing as I am.:bounce: :bounce:
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Sat May 30, 2009 9:34 pm

Won't worry until you try to tie on a Jack Lloyd on in front of your tippit.:-"

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Sun May 31, 2009 3:37 am

Hmmmm, I wonder if a fellow could tie pieces of feather at intervals to his tapered leader and make a fly fishing Jack Lloyd? :geek:
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Sun May 31, 2009 5:19 am

We'll be cramming some lake time in, 6/12 - 6/14 at Roosevelt then the next weekend with the crew at Marshall. At this point I think we will end up making it a day trip on Saturday, well, unless my wife wants to overnight on the boat. :-"

Are there docks at the lake where I could tie up or just beach access? I'm looking forward to some time off, been putting in 70 hours for the past few weeks, and I need a break. :cheers:

Lotech/Marc - I'm not a fly fisherman, so what's the best outfit to bring? Sounds like spinning gear from Lotech's tackle list!
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Sun May 31, 2009 7:24 am

Remember if the hatch is blasting and on the surface:-$ dragging a fly on the surface trolling
Big HewsRunner can be a very productive fish on event without pressing the standard puffer stick! :cheers: :chef:

If the weathers are still/wind :-$ just create a VVVVV on the surface with the correct fly and speeds:-#
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun May 31, 2009 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Sun May 31, 2009 10:58 am

I'm going to be trolling deep water. If you have a fish finder, figure out the depth of most fish then use a down rigger or weights to get to that depth. I have a Jack Lloyd but I favor the Giant Cowbell for flashers. Worms, grubs, maggots or white shoe peg corn work well on the hooks. Take along some green and red wedding rings as well.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

hewesfisher
Admiral

Post by hewesfisher » Sun May 31, 2009 7:31 pm

Good info Joe and Swede. :cheers: I've got a very good finder and downrigger's too, well, if I get the plugs wired prior to the trip. :-"

I've got to get the bow mount trolling motor installed before we head to Roosevelt in two weeks as I hear the smallmouth are on the bite.

I'm making a run to Post Falls to pick up an order at Cabela's but I think I'll stop by Sportsman's Warehouse on my way back for tackle and use the sales tax savings from buying a big ticket item in ID. :bball:
Phil

'09 Hewescraft 20' ProV
150hp Merc Optimax
8hp Merc 4-stroke
Raymarine DS600X HD Sounder
Raymarine a78 MultiFunctionDisplay
Raymarine DownVision
Raymarine SideVision
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Trollmaster Pro II
Traxstech Fishing System
MotorGuide 75# Thrust Wireless Bow Mount

VHMLLC
Commander

Post by VHMLLC » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:55 pm

Lotech Joe wrote:I'm going to be trolling deep water. If you have a fish finder, figure out the depth of most fish then use a down rigger or weights to get to that depth. I have a Jack Lloyd but I favor the Giant Cowbell for flashers. Worms, grubs, maggots or white shoe peg corn work well on the hooks. Take along some green and red wedding rings as well.
so being a novice what am i going to bring up for lures and or bait? i see the list above but is there any one thing i can bring that will help at this lake? i have spinning rods every where form 4' to 7' untra light the mid fast action. not much into the baitcasters all though i have one and plan to bring it. i also have my pink barbie rod for the monster keeper. any info on what to pack for the trip is greatly welcome.

:viking:
Stan.
Enjoy Your Days & Love Your Life' Because Life is a journey to be savored !!!! GO FISHING

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Remember:
Water = Poop,
Wine = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of poop
There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:34 pm

VHMLLC wrote:
Lotech Joe wrote:I'm going to be trolling deep water. If you have a fish finder, figure out the depth of most fish then use a down rigger or weights to get to that depth. I have a Jack Lloyd but I favor the Giant Cowbell for flashers. Worms, grubs, maggots or white shoe peg corn work well on the hooks. Take along some green and red wedding rings as well.
so being a novice what am i going to bring up for lures and or bait? i see the list above but is there any one thing i can bring that will help at this lake? i have spinning rods every where form 4' to 7' untra light the mid fast action. not much into the baitcasters all though i have one and plan to bring it. i also have my pink barbie rod for the monster keeper. any info on what to pack for the trip is greatly welcome.

:viking:
A lightweight trolling rig or heavy spinning rig will work. Some kind of flashers and trolling lures in red, orange, chartreuse and green would be on my list.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

chironomid_guy
Petty Officer

Post by chironomid_guy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:27 am

Well, it seems I have to concede on the rendevous guys. The wife doesnt have time off over that weekend due to staff shortages (that meens not enough RN's to go round). Althought the OT will be nice, we wont be venturing very far. Have a great weekend, we look forward to testing Marshal lake at a future date.
The Chironomid Guy

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:46 pm

chironomidguy,
That's too bad. Seems like work gets in the way of life more often than we would like. Thanks for the heads-up. When you get to Marshall Lake, you'll like it.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”