I can't belive this AD

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

I can't belive this AD

Post by Bodofish » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:01 pm

I can't belive this AD is on the Home page. AD's by google.

http://www.fishinghurts.com/feat-dogfis ... hgod-itmPA

They'll try and tell you anything.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

RE:I can't belive this AD

Post by Aaron » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:08 pm

I placed that sponsor in the Reject list earlier... it should stop appearing soon. Sorry if it offended anyone.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
2012 Tohatsu 8hp 4-stroke
Minn Kota Terrova #80 i-Pilot
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Traxstech Fishing System

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Tue May 01, 2007 12:13 am

It's not offensive it's just plain stupid. I can't believe anyone falls for their line.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

FishSlayer
Petty Officer

Post by FishSlayer » Tue May 01, 2007 6:15 pm

That is just plain stupid.
Dang tree huggers
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 01, 2007 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<'(((><

walleye
Angler

Post by walleye » Tue May 01, 2007 7:15 pm

All I can say is WOW!!!

Fish-or-man?
Commander

Post by Fish-or-man? » Wed May 02, 2007 11:15 pm

I've always liked the ad actually, hooked dog always makes me chuckle. I take pride in being an over-the-top environmentalist, and I can tell you these guys are out to lunch. What a waste of money to maintain that page. I don't know who they could possibly influence, really they're hurting their cause if anything. Aw well, ignorance is bliss I guess.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." -Chuck Clark

GJorgy
Warrant Officer

Post by GJorgy » Tue May 08, 2007 5:36 am

Hooked my buddy with a fly once or twice. Now THAT was funny.

Serious side, they should check out the way the fish brain is put together. Not much of a pain receptor in there.

If they want to ban fishing does that make the Osprey a habitual offender?
George Patton:"Live for something rather than die for nothing."

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Tue May 08, 2007 9:27 pm

GJorgy wrote:Hooked my buddy with a fly once or twice. Now THAT was funny.

Serious side, they should check out the way the fish brain is put together. Not much of a pain receptor in there.

If they want to ban fishing does that make the Osprey a habitual offender?

You took the words right out of my mouth

beerman1981
Commander

Post by beerman1981 » Wed May 09, 2007 1:09 am

Hmmmmmm, I have a question. What about the flies, bugs and smaller fish that larger fish eat? Do these tiny creatures not have feelings either. (SEVERE SARCASM). Now we have a problem, don't we? Looks like we need to start converting all fish to becoming vegatarian. I don't know how the bass will enjoy brussel sprouts, but it's worth a shot, right? This is environmentailism taken to its extreme, give me a break!

Joe
Remember two things, love Washington and leave only your footprints behind!

GJorgy
Warrant Officer

Post by GJorgy » Wed May 09, 2007 7:00 am

Do you Texas rig Asparagus or is it better on a dropshot rig.

Hey they actually show predators killing their prey on the Discovery Channel. Should we ban all the nature programs too? Just show the ones that have little fluffy bunnies eating carrots? (Hmm, rabbit, carrot, onion, salt, pepper, a little wine, 350 degrees for about 30 minutes...)
George Patton:"Live for something rather than die for nothing."

Nik
Lieutenant

Post by Nik » Thu May 10, 2007 8:49 pm

Hmm, typical PETA stuff if you ask me. Those are the same guys who asked Lebron James to give back the Got Milk Rookie of the Year award because of the unethical treatment of dairy cows, along with a million other pointless things. Animals are being tortured and abused everyday, yet they choose to go after dairy farm workers and now fishermen. Obviously they glossed over the fact that fishermen are probably the largest financial contributor to the national parks and wildlife. PETA's reputation is that they are extremist weirdos with way too much time on their hands and no one listens to them anymore. I would take the whole thing with a grain of salt.

tcb
Warrant Officer

Post by tcb » Thu May 10, 2007 9:02 pm

Along these lines, the ad about weight loss probably isnt the best targeted ad we could have in the forums. It makes me chuckle every time I see it. :)

"I cant wait till my belly looks like hers... I just have to...shave it..." :)

bigastrout
Commander

Post by bigastrout » Thu May 10, 2007 9:07 pm

GJorgy wrote:Just show the ones that have little fluffy bunnies eating carrots?
You can't do that to carrots its cruel! LOL
Read The Reg's And Pick Up Someones Trash Since They Can't

jcrockett72
Angler

Post by jcrockett72 » Thu May 17, 2007 2:08 pm

i could have swore that was my dog on their website, but i know that can't be true cas a hooked him on a flying frisbee on a number 1 hook with some power Alpo

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Thu May 17, 2007 8:20 pm

WOW!
If you guys think that is funny, check out Penn and Tellers Skit on P.E.T.A. Funny as hell, but they do make some really good points. Here is the link:
D4HmoThntg8&mode=related&search=

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu May 17, 2007 11:01 pm

I LOVE that video clip!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

panfisher
Captain

Post by panfisher » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:11 pm

to each their own! some believe in, catch to eat, catch to mount, catch to waste, catch to release, and not catch at all. so far some sort of topic has come up about them all. lots of stuff to think about. thats why this is such a great site. <')//<

ruthven78
Commander

Post by ruthven78 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:17 pm

Yeah Im a member of PETA.....that is People Eating Tasty Animals! hehe

They have billboards up in Spokane too, they got a lot of flack for a billboard out on Trent that had a skinny santa pulling the waist of his pants out and looking down with a sad look on his face. The caption read "Santa wont be coming this year" or something along those lines...it was a knock on drinking drinking diary or omething about eating animals and some cockamamey link to impotence....but you know a child isnt going to make that connection, so a lot of people got angry over their kids crying after seeing the sign...they wrote to the billboard company asking for the removal but they said they wouldnt claiming PETA had as much right to buy ad space as anyone else.....I think they were affraid of PETA lawyers if you ask me.
Owner, Bakercraft Lures - http://www.bakercraftlures.com/

chrystalia
Angler

Post by chrystalia » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:15 pm

I'm at corporate headquarters in Tucson az for a few weeks (just in time to miss the last of Halibut season*sigh*).
PETA was at it today downtown. Picture the scene:

100 degrees in the shade. Gorgeous college girls wearing sandwich signs and 5 inch spikes--the outfit was designed to appear that they were naked ( THE SIGNS READ "WOULD RATHER WEAR MY SKIN THAN AN INNOCENT ANIMAL'S... hmm. That could be read a lot of ways, wouldn't you say??). They were passing out literature, while guys followed them snapping away with cell phone cameras and mothers with small children tried to get them arrested for indecent exposure. In the middle of all this, they had an old GRANNY (about 75, looked like the southbound end of a northbound mule...) in a CAGE, wearing nothing but a bikini and a 50,000 dollar black diamond mink. This insanity went on about 2 hours before they left, having made no real point at all-- who in their right mind wears mink in Tucson at any time of the year??? only about 15% of the population can afford any real fur more expensive than rabbit!

and it is so commonplace it didn't even make the evening news this time...

PETA people are like chihuahuas...loud, obnoxious, essentially useless to hazardous. I am an environmentalist (middle of the road), and as such, I wish they would disappear. Groups like that make it very hard to educate people on reasonable environmentalism.

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:09 pm

Here is how i see it , Jesus was a fisherman according to the bible .. And futher more dont blame the people who fish .. blame the person who invented the Fishing Hook .. thats My two cent .. BBD

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”