ADA Fishing

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
FANwa
Angler

ADA Fishing

Post by FANwa » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:38 am

Fishing Access Network is a Veteran operated non-profit that was created to provide our disabled Veterans and others with physical challenges the opportunity to experience the calming and healing qualities of fishing. Our Mission is: To create the opportunity to fish lakes where provisions for the disabled is limited or non-existent. Provide outdoor recreation for Veterans, children and adults with disabilities of all kinds. Coordinate with and support other organizations with common interests.

I'm Mike Mayes, one of the founders of Fishing Access Network. We're just getting started and hope to be up and fishing on Lone Lake (Whidbey Island) with our wheelchair accessable boats this summer. Contact us for more information at fishingaccesswa@yahoo.com or follow Fishing Access Network and our progress on Facebook.

Thanks,
Mike

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: ADA Fishing

Post by kevinb » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:08 am

I wish you the best of luck and welcome to WaLakes.
Let any of us know if you need any help,I'm sure many would be willing to help out your group.

Kevin

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:44 pm

Im totally into this. I wrote you a letter concerning my self and my handicaps Good luck..

FANwa
Angler

Post by FANwa » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:26 am

This has been an interesting year for Ralph and I at Fishing Access Network. We started this project in April '12 and had the wheelchair accessible boat we designed/built on display at the Wooden Boat Festival in Pt Townsend in September. I'm still working on the website but we are posting to our Facebook page, Fishing Access Network, on a regular basis. The boat will be launched this week on Lone Lake, Whidbey Island and I'll post pics soon.

DavidA
Lieutenant

Post by DavidA » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:21 am

Best of luck! I'm looking forward to seeing some of thos pics, as I'm sure many are!

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”