Scrouggie Pond???

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Scrouggie Pond???

Post by Marc Martyn » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:45 pm

:-s I was looking at the WDFW website in the trout plants for this year and they listed Scrouggie Pond in Spokane Co. as one of the waters they stocked rainbows. I have never heard of it. Anyone else know anything about it?

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

RE:Scrouggie Pond???

Post by Aaron » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:02 pm

Never heard of it. It's not in the list of official USGS named geological locations for Wa.
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
2012 Tohatsu 8hp 4-stroke
Minn Kota Terrova #80 i-Pilot
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Traxstech Fishing System

Aaron
Owner/Engineer
Owner/Engineer

Post by Aaron » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:03 pm

Google only shows 2 hits, both of them from the WDFW site... so I imagine that it's a nick-name and not an officially recognized name. Email them and find out!
Aaron
Owner/Software Engineer

2009 Hewescraft 20' ProV
2009 Mercury Optimax 150
2012 Tohatsu 8hp 4-stroke
Minn Kota Terrova #80 i-Pilot
Humminbird 959ci HD DI
Baystar Hydraulic Steering
Traxstech Fishing System

jmay
Lieutenant

Post by jmay » Thu May 03, 2007 1:49 pm

I read the WDFW planting report last month and saw that as well. I am not possitive, however just west of Fishtrap on the road to Hog Canyon Lake there is a small pond where I have duck hunted the last few years. It has water in it year round and is just off of "Scrouggie Road" Its a five minute walk from the parking area. I can imagine it would hold enough oxygen for year round fish survival, but it is big enought to plant and there is a acess road that is gated the state could get a truck down to it.

juicyjay504
Angler

Post by juicyjay504 » Tue May 08, 2007 1:06 am

This has been killing me as well. If anyone finds anything out please let me know.

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Tue May 08, 2007 9:15 pm

I believe that Jim Scroggie, owner of the pond, would prefer it to be a juvenile fishing pond.

Here is the scoop direct from the Game Dept.:

Mr. Martyn,

Scroggie pond is a small 2 acre pond just east of Fishtrap Lake. When this pond gets enough water we stock it with fish. we haev done this for many years.

The pond sits on private property owned by Jim Scroggie. Mr. Scroggie allows anyone to fish the pond as long as they are resepctful to his pond and property. He especially likes the opportunity to to provide small pond fishing to kids. There are a few large fish in the pond, but mostly this is a put and take fishery with 8 to 12 inch fish being the norm.
This type of opportunity to provide small pond fishing is rare in this area. I try to take advantage of any opportunity to provide for this type of fishery if the opportunity arises.

Thanks for your query,

Chris Donley

If you are granted permission to fish on his pond, please respect his wishes. This is a rare and kind jesture on his part- Marc
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 08, 2007 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bustin
Warrant Officer

Post by bustin » Tue May 08, 2007 11:40 pm

This is something I will definately be looking into for my four year old that would be awesome for her. That is really great there are people out there that will do this.

bigastrout
Commander

Post by bigastrout » Wed May 09, 2007 12:11 am

Nice research on the pond Marc. It sounds like the gentleman that owns the pond probrably has a great place to take the kids and get them interested in fishing. this is a wonderfull example of community
Read The Reg's And Pick Up Someones Trash Since They Can't

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”