NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
theabso
Angler

RE:NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Post by theabso » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:01 am

Name-Todd
Age-23
Location-Bonney Lake
Hobbies-Bowling,Fishing-Bowling-Fishing
What You Do-Web Design..Graphic Design
Favorite Species To Fish For--Salmon-Bass
Where You Fish The Most--Puyallup,Carbon,Green,Snoho,Still,Skok
How Long You Have Been Fishing--since I was a wee little chap
How You Got Introduced To Fishing--Dad
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing-Bowling PBA Tour
Your Favorite Picture
Ect.

gort
Petty Officer

Post by gort » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:01 pm

I joined the site back in June, but just noticed this thread. Time to stop lurking and jump in the forum, I guess!

Name: Byron
Hobbies: Fishing, Biking, Camping, Video Games, Reading
What You Do: Cargo Insurance Underwriter
Favorite Species To Fish For: Trout, Bass
Where You Fish The Most: Lake Washington, Greenlake, Bitter Lake
How Long You Have Been Fishing: less than a year
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: My Dad and Grandpa took me fishing as a kid, but I never fished as an adult until this year.
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Spend time with my family. We've been spending as much time as we can outdoors, enjoying this beautiful weather we've been having lately.

This year I started fishing again for the first time since I was a kid. The past two summers I have been taking my now 6 year old daughter fishing at kids only places like Mill Pond in Auburn. I finally realized I had the fishing bug, and got a freshwater license this year. I've been shore fishing the urban lakes around here, slowly exploring new places and new fishing methods as I go along. I am thinking next year I will try my hand at saltwater fishing.

This site has been a fantastic resource for me! Now that I feel like I can talk about fishing without sounding like a complete fool, I'll try to join in the discussions.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:12 pm

Gort, Welcome fellow ballerdite.:bball:
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

Bisco424
Angler

Re: NEW MEMBERS - INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

Post by Bisco424 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:07 pm

Name: Chuck A.K.A Bisco

Hobbies: Fishing, Classic Cars, Camping, Reading

What You Do: Warehouse/ Forlift Driver

Favorite Species To Fish For:Salmon,Trout, Bass

Where You Fish The Most: Local lakes and the Puke and the green

How Long You Have Been Fishing: since I was 6yrs. old. Not very good at it anymore, But I'm learnin the ropes again. just started fishing for salmon this year. Restarted lake fishing 3 years ago.

How You Got Introduced To Fishing: My Gramdma and Grandpa. Grew up campin, fishing, huntin, and boatin on the sound and Alder lake out by the Lil Nisqually. It just grew on me!!

What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing:Work,work, work, and when not workin spening time with my family.

kzoo
Commodore

Post by kzoo » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:39 am

Welcome aboard Chuck! Just jump on in the forum discussions, everyone is friendly on the site.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:30 am

Welcome all! Looking forward to your forum posts and hope to see some fishing reports as well!

riverbound
Petty Officer

Post by riverbound » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:18 am

Hello, My name is Christopher. I'm 34 , live in Seattle and LOVE to fish. I lived in Alaska as a kid and have wonderful memories of catching salmon as big as I was. In High School, we moved to Oklahoma where I where I traded salmon and halibut for bass and catfish. After graduating, I moved to Seattle and never really got back into fishing until last year. A good friend took me out to the Hoh last October where I caught a HUGE king and a few silvers. Probably the best day of fishing I have EVER had. I've been hooked ever since and fish when ever I can. I'm a freelance photographer who works from home, which allows me to fish during the week and makes it a little too easy to sneak away when the fishing is good... or even not so good. I love exploring the rivers and can hardly wait to make it back to the Peninsula. Can't thank everyone enough for sharing their experiences here and helping me learn how to fish in the wonderful NW. Don't think there's a better place to be. Hope to run into some of you out on the rivers soon.

Bear21
Angler

Post by Bear21 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:30 pm

Name: Shahil (Saw-Hill) but everyone calls me Bear.

Hobbies: Fishing, Biking, Hiking, Shooting, Longboarding, Photography, Flying, And alot more ( Im not the average teen
I barely watch tv. I spend 98% of my time outdoors. Love every minute of it)

What You Do: I run my own business of Car detailing But I also Detail Boats, Motorcycles, Airplanes, Helos, and more.

Favorite Species To Fish For: Uhhh well Salmon,Bass and trout. Gonna try out Cod soon see how that works out.

Where You Fish The Most: Lake Desire, Lake Morton, Lake Youngs, Lake Meridian, Green River, and Duwamish (same as green I know)

How Long You Have Been Fishing: Well started at 5 and was fishing alot then stopped for a couple years then last year a got pretty serious bout it. And I got good fast haha.

How You Got Introduced To Fishing: My good buddy and old neighbor Rick.

What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Getting ready for fishing. haha Not much really.

Your Favorite Picture
Attachments
Image034 - Copy.jpg
Image034 - Copy.jpg (54.34 KiB) Viewed 7734 times

Raft Man
Petty Officer

Post by Raft Man » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:12 pm

Name- Travis
Age- 27
Location- Sammamish
Hobbies- music, fishing, camping
What You Do- run a small indie record label
Favorite Species To Fish For- trout, bass, salmon
Where You Fish The Most- Beaver lake, Pine Lake (King Co)
How Long You Have Been Fishing- under 2 years
How You Got Introduced To Fishing- brother used to be really into it, finally me and a friend also took to it(buddy is 'Press' on this forum)
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing- work! Gotta pay for the toys!
Attachments
raft on beav1.jpg
raft on beav1.jpg (102.59 KiB) Viewed 7718 times

RussB
Angler

Post by RussB » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:21 pm

Name: Russ Baker
Member: Columbia Basin Walleye Club.
Hobbies: Guns, Hunting, and the pursuit of Walleye.

I've been a "lurker" of this site for several years, but I'm that old guy that sits in the front row...paper & pencil in hand.

I would like to thank the owner of this site, and its many contributers for the fine information that is passed on from year to year, and I promise to do my best to keep those who are interested updated on what's happening on Moses Lake and Potholes.

Respectfully, Russ aka "Uncle Russ"

bob johansen
Commander

Post by bob johansen » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:48 am

Hi Russ, Welcome aboard. I must say just seeing your name hit me hard. Russ Baker was a navy buddy of mine that was killed aboard an aircraft carrier when he was hit by a prop. I was pullling chocks on the next aircraft aft and was splattered by blood and bits of flesh. Russ was buried at sea the following day. That was September 1950 and I remember it as if it were yesterday. Good luck, looking forward to your fishing reports.

Rosann G
Commander

Post by Rosann G » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:39 pm

Russ, glad to see you finally joined. Bill and I have been members for years, first on the wet/dark side and now on the dry side. It's a great place to learn/teach about all kinds of fishing! Looking forward to your reports.

saltyseadog2
Angler

Post by saltyseadog2 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:33 am

this is saltysea dog im back with a new account same guy diffrent name

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:31 am

Welcome back Salty. Are you still up by Camano?

saltyseadog2
Angler

Post by saltyseadog2 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:28 am

yep still on camano

NWrookie
Petty Officer

Post by NWrookie » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:32 pm

Location-Issaquah
Hobbies-Fishing, Hunting, Hiking
What You Do-Manager - Car rental
Favorite Species To Fish For--Trout, Salmon
Where You Fish The Most--All over
How Long You Have Been Fishing--As long as I can remember
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing-Taking my wife exploring

I have been here for a little over 2 years, and this site has led me to alot of interesting places. I became a member a couple of months ago.
I am extremely lucky because I have a wife that forces me to go fishing, and I get a free vehicle w/gas!!
I bought a little cartopper (Unfortunately I can't tow anything) with an electric motor, so I do get to hit alot of the little lakes. My current fishing partner is my Lab. She has her own perch on the front of the boat.
If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear it. That is what I love most about this site. I know it is hard to give your secrets out, but as a transplant, the information has been a lifesaver.
I have had some luck with coho, of course I look for the crowds and do alot of watching.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:06 pm

NWrookie wrote:Location-Issaquah
Hobbies-Fishing, Hunting, Hiking
What You Do-Manager - Car rental
Favorite Species To Fish For--Trout, Salmon
Where You Fish The Most--All over
How Long You Have Been Fishing--As long as I can remember
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing-Taking my wife exploring

I have been here for a little over 2 years, and this site has led me to alot of interesting places. I became a member a couple of months ago.
I am extremely lucky because I have a wife that forces me to go fishing, and I get a free vehicle w/gas!!
I bought a little cartopper (Unfortunately I can't tow anything) with an electric motor, so I do get to hit alot of the little lakes. My current fishing partner is my Lab. She has her own perch on the front of the boat.
If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear it. That is what I love most about this site. I know it is hard to give your secrets out, but as a transplant, the information has been a lifesaver.
I have had some luck with coho, of course I look for the crowds and do alot of watching.
Welcome! There are so many great smaller electric only lakes in King/Pierce/Snomhomish counties - we'll be looking at your reports to get tips. :nemo:

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Lou Smith
Petty Officer

Post by Lou Smith » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:47 pm

Name: Lou Smith
Location: Enumclaw, WA (in the nw shadow of Mt. Rainier). Normally fish Alder L., Clear L., Mineral L., American L. and Deep L. Want to try Cle Elum and Chelan someday.
Hobbies: Fishing, fishing, fishing, photography, and woodworking
What do I do: Retired geologist
Fav fish: Kokanee, kokanee, rainbow, walleye
How long fishing: 58 years
How intro to fishing: Reared in rural w. PA with lots of lakes and streams
What do I do when not fishing: Preparing to fish - modifying my 10ft Hewes and gear.
Last edited by Lou Smith on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

RussB
Angler

Post by RussB » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:15 pm

Rosann G wrote:Russ, glad to see you finally joined. Bill and I have been members for years, first on the wet/dark side and now on the dry side. It's a great place to learn/teach about all kinds of fishing! Looking forward to your reports.
Thank you for the warm welcome. I too lived on the wet / dark side for over 20 years. Towing a boat behind the cab-over no less than two, sometimes three, times a month over that mountain got to be a dreaded chore, even after years of doing it. I completely retired in 2004, sold out over there, and moved lock, stock, and barrel to Moses Lake.
I don't miss the "other side" but my wife does. Our kids and grand-kids are over there so the trips back and forth may have slowed a little, but at least we're not dragging the boat or worrying about our Camper ever trip we make over the mountain..

Russ

hossinonimus
Angler

Post by hossinonimus » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:56 am

Name: Josh
Favorite Species To Fish For: Bass
Where You Fish The Most: Moses Lake and Potholes
How Long You Have Been Fishing: As long as I can remember
How You Got Introduced To Fishing: Good ol dad wanted his boys to be sportsmen
What Do You Do When Your Not Fishing: Work and sleep. I work more than I used to though...
Good things come to those who bait...

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”