2011 Puyallup Sportsman's Show Giant Contest! Over $500 in Prizes!

Announcements about new WL offerings, contests, problems and other related items. Fishing Clubs post your announcements here.
Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

RE:2011 Puyallup Sportsman's Show Giant Contest! Over $500 in Prizes!

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:31 pm

definately a lot of good information to sit through and absorb.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

kcc
Warrant Officer

Post by kcc » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:06 am

Coupons been printed and waiting on my desk for the show to open. Thanks, mike!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:38 pm

excellent. just curious, did you print it from this thread or the recent e-mail notice we sent out?

kcc
Warrant Officer

Post by kcc » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:08 am

From this thread, i printed them a week or so ago.

Bigbass Dez
Admiral

Post by Bigbass Dez » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:59 pm

I will be working @ the WL booth Saturday & Sunday , I encourage all member and viewers to Please stop by the booth and say wazz up :thumright

Dobyns Rods
http://www.dobynsrods.com/

Panic Minnow
http://density-tackle.com/

3 Rivers marine
3riversmarine.com

B.A.S.S member
F.L.W. member
T.B.F member

Official WashingtonLakes.com Video Consultant

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:00 pm

Bigbass Dez wrote:I will be working @ the WL booth Saturday & Sunday , I encourage all member and viewers to Please stop by the booth and say wazz up :thumright
I understand you'll be giving out your autograph again this year, right Dez? [cool]
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fish_Bait111397
Captain

Post by Fish_Bait111397 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:38 pm

Bigbass Dez wrote:I will be working @ the WL booth Saturday & Sunday , I encourage all member and viewers to Please stop by the booth and say wazz up :thumright
I would, but im too far away. :scratch:

Send me something special. :cheers:
~Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

~My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:45 pm

Mike Carey wrote:
I understand you'll be giving out your autograph again this year, right Dez? [cool]
He said he was going to PAY ME to accept his autograph. :-"
Tom.

Interests: living

ZogTheFuzzy
Petty Officer

Post by ZogTheFuzzy » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:10 am

Mike was kind enough to provide a picture of the Apache bow we at Columbia River Archery are giving away. It is pictured above.

It is set at 50-55 pounds at a draw length of 25". This is a shortbow, so the draw length is less than the standard 28". It has also has an artificial sinew bowstring (artificial sinew has the same strength and look of real sinew, but is more durable)

As Mike said, we patterned it after a shortbow used by the Apache Indians over 100 years ago. This style of bow was and is very effective in tight places, such as heavy brush or timber.

The bow we are giving away is one-of-a-kind...the first in a series. We will soon be offering the same shortbow with three color options: 1) natural (as pictured), 2) with a dyed snake-skin pattern and 3) coolest of all, with REAL rattlesnake skin! And, for those who bowhunt, we also plan on offering a longbow based on this Apache bow (starting at 40 pounds with a 28" draw length).

One other thing...registered Washington Lakes members receive a 15% discount on all products at Columbia River Archery from now through the end of the show (January 30). See our posting below for details.

Good luck to all!
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad." A.K. Best

"I am not against golf, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering trout..." Paul O'Neil

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home." Roderick Haig-Brown, Fisherman's Spring, 1951

Columbia River Archery

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:00 am

Thanks Columbia River Archery.

BTW, I forgot to mention, I'll also have the new bass book by Peter Healy available at the booth for a discounted $10 per book.

I'm bumping the Sponsor List to this page because I REALLY want to thank their participation and hope to see LOTS of members entering for these great gifts!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here are our Sponsors and Prizes for the Drawing:

Work Sharp - We will have two Work Sharp Tool Sharpeners to give away.

Columbia Sportswear Company- We have a very nice fishing vest from our friends at Columbia.

Camp Chef Gas Fire Ring- We will have two outdoor propane fire rings to give away.

Lamiglas - Wow! A 6'6" two-piece high performance fishing rod!

Columbia River Archery- Have provided an Authentic Apache Shortbow, based on the 100 year-old design that the Apaches used.

Total value of this contest giveaway is well over $500. Winners will be randomly drawn and confirmed as being registered members on the site so be sure to include your User Name on the back of the second coupon along with with e-mail and mailing address. You'll have seven chances to win a prize. If you go to the show more than one day you are allowed to enter once for each day, but only one prize per member.

You MUST use the coupon from this web site. Outside coupons do not have our code on them.

WashingtonLakes.com would like to thank our Sponsors for these generous gifts to our readers. We'll also have some freebies and Premium Membership specials at the show so stop by and say "hi"
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZogTheFuzzy
Petty Officer

Post by ZogTheFuzzy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:47 pm

We at Columbia River Archery are offering a 15% discount to all WashingtonLakes.com members!!!

So, we've added a coupon for all of you to use as many times as you want through January 30th. In the Payment Information section at checkout, enter the code 2011 in the Coupon field and click "Apply Coupon" to instantly apply the discount.

Though the coupon cannot be used on any of our specials, it applies to all other products!
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I am not against golf, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering trout..." Paul O'Neil

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home." Roderick Haig-Brown, Fisherman's Spring, 1951

Columbia River Archery

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:54 pm

I need a little more help at the Booth this year! :-"

If you'd like a free pass in exchange for working the booth with myself and Toni send me a PM. I'm looking for help on Wed, Thurs, and Friday. One person each day. Must be able to stay to closing.

You'll have time to walk around the show and do a seminar or two also, depending on how busy we get. 4pm to 7:30pm is crush time.

Your role is to greet people at the booth, explain what WL.com is all about, pass out flyers, and help new members register on the computer at the show. I'll show you what all needs to be done. This is a great opportunity if you're outgoing and a "people person" and are into this site (obviously!). If you're on the "shy" side, well, imagine having people constantly walking up to you asking questions... may not be your cup of tea. :-&

Let me know ASAP as I will need to set up the tickets at Will Call. Send me a PM with your real name. Thanks Everyone!
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:02 am

Mike Carey wrote:I need a little more help at the Booth this year! :-"

If you'd like a free pass in exchange for working the booth with myself and Toni send me a PM. I'm looking for help on Wed, Thurs, and Friday. One person each day. Must be able to stay to closing.

You'll have time to walk around the show and do a seminar or two also, depending on how busy we get. 4pm to 7:30pm is crush time.

Your role is to greet people at the booth, explain what WL.com is all about, pass out flyers, and help new members register on the computer at the show. I'll show you what all needs to be done. This is a great opportunity if you're outgoing and a "people person" and are into this site (obviously!). If you're on the "shy" side, well, imagine having people constantly walking up to you asking questions... may not be your cup of tea. :-&

Let me know ASAP as I will need to set up the tickets at Will Call. Send me a PM with your real name. Thanks Everyone!
PM sent.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:48 am

Got my coupons printed. See you folks Saturday afternoon.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:55 am

Rich McVey wrote:Got my coupons printed. See you folks Saturday afternoon.
Excellent! I'm on my way over there shortly. Booth is all set up.

We'll have discounted T-shirts, Premium Memberships (which you can buy at the booth) with gifts, Pete Heley's bass book discounted, and free stuff as well. Not to mention the great free contest.

Should be a fun 5 days!

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:57 am

WOW! We had a pretty busy first day at the show. Signed up some new members and some renewals. Nice to meet fellow WL.com's all day long. Don't forget to print out those show $2 off passes - one for the door and one for our $500 contest.

You need to use the WALAKES coupon found on this thread to enter and it REALLY helps the site if you use it at the gate!

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:53 am

Mike Carey wrote:Don't forget to print out those show $2 off passes - one for the door and one for our $500 contest.

You need to use the WALAKES coupon found on this thread to enter and it REALLY helps the site if you use it at the gate!
Go ahead and use it at the gate - but I got mine entered into the contest so nobody else has to bother with that :-"
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:48 pm

Gringo Pescador wrote:
Mike Carey wrote:Don't forget to print out those show $2 off passes - one for the door and one for our $500 contest.

Go ahead and use it at the gate - but I got mine entered into the contest so nobody else has to bother with that :-"
I don't think you should be allowed to win anything for at least a couple of years.

See you guys Saturday. I'll be the good lookn guy at the booth. [razz]

fishnislife
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Amx
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Amx » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:51 pm

fishnislife wrote:
Gringo Pescador wrote:

I don't think you should be allowed to win anything for at least a couple of years.

See you guys Saturday. I'll be the good lookn guy standing next to the tall ugly skinney guy.

fishnislife
'Tall ugly skinny guy'? Isn't he the one who is suppose to pay me to accept his autograph? :-"
Tom.

Interests: living

ZogTheFuzzy
Petty Officer

Post by ZogTheFuzzy » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:14 pm

No members of WashingtonLakes.com have taken advantage of our 15% discount yet, so we at Columbia River Archery are instead going to sweeten the deal like this: 25% off the price on a bunch of our bows, including many of our longbows and warbows.

Our favorite deal is the Solid Yew Heavy Weight English Warbow, an incredibly powerful bow marked down from $795 down to just $599! Another one you might be interested in is our Solid Hickory Traditional English Longbow, discounted from $129 down to $96. This is a great bow (and price) for those just starting out in traditional archery.

Prices are good until the end of the 2011 Sportsman's Show + 1 day (January 31). There are no coupons to worry about on this deal, either!
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Columbia River Archery

Return to “Announcements and Fishing/Club Notices”