B.C. Salmon Virus Coverup Documentary

Post your fishing related videos here.
soundkite
Petty Officer

B.C. Salmon Virus Coverup Documentary

Post by soundkite » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:20 pm

This new documentary "Salmon Confidential" is an in depth look at the dramatic reduction in salmon runs in B.C., the Fraser River in particular. The film presents extensive evidence of a government coverup to protect fish farms and international trade. I'm not saying the virus is here in Washington State, but there are many scenes in this film which are shockingly similar to recent images of inexplicably abandoned fish. This film opens my eyes to the fact that commercial fishing operations may be the first to discover signs of disease, but also motivated to conceal the fact. Here's the link to the film:

http://salmonconfidential.ca/watch-salm ... cumentary/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hlindsay
Warrant Officer

Re: B.C. Salmon Virus Coverup Documentary

Post by hlindsay » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:03 pm

Thanks for posting this, it was well worth the time to watch.

soundkite
Petty Officer

Post by soundkite » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:57 pm

Thanks, Hlindsay. I'm surprised at the lack of response here, but I learned a lot about identifying serious symptoms in the fish that I catch (ie: mushy heart). Amazing even salmon from the grocery stores tested positive! I bet sea lice plays a role in transferring viruses from the farms.

jd39
Commander

Post by jd39 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:58 pm

Just watched it, don't know what to say. If even half of it is true what a depressing situation and it will be here soon if not already.

Norm
Warrant Officer

Post by Norm » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:08 pm

Its just sad how a government would care so much about nasty farmed fish and just not give a sh*t about their natural salmon runs. Its scary because its happening so close to home. Who knows what is going on in the salmon farms in Puget sound. Makes you wonder if our government would act the same.